Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-01-2010, 12:37 PM   #11
WH

Member Number:
Default Re: Palin+Fox=more BS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Wait, wait....there's a response coming in right now.....from the highly credible "Democratsarepoopheads.com".

Your name was whines hard. It was, to say the least, apropos. How can I be calling you a name when you named yourself?
It was ''Wineshard'' a play on Hines Wards name. So if anything, you could say I'm a drunkard.

Anyways....

Weak move by Fox. 'sall I'm sayin'.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #12
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

So the "h" was silent...

Fox doesn't like Obama. Obama doesn't like Fox. They both play their baby games...
Old 04-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #13
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

Quote:
So the "h" was silent...

Fox doesn't like Obama. Obama doesn't like Fox. They both play their baby games...
yeah.........speaking of baby games

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #14
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
So the "h" was silent...

Silent or as some would say more accurately ''never existed in the first place''

But still, the President is talking about one of the most important (not saying good important or bad important) Healthcare related bills in the past 50 years and they cut away to show a video of an Airplane landing? Seriously...be professional. They robbed all of those Conservative bloggers of stuff to blog and complain about.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,460 Times in 2,381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty™ View Post
'Mr. Smith does not want to be associated with a program that could serve as an inspiration to others, we are cutting his interview from the special and wish him the best with his fledgling acting career."

now that is what you call a Smiling Knife if I ever I saw one. No need for that comment, a little unprofessional if anything. Well it is Fox I guess!!!
And calling every single person in the country a "tea bagger" or terrorist if they don't lick obaaama's nut sack is the professional way to do things.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #16
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
yeah.........speaking of baby games
Thanks for your input...truly insightful and in-depth analysis in re Fox News.

My REAL and best guess is that whiney just doesn't know how to spell, so he just took the two initials to simplify things.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #17
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976

Quote:
No, the SALIENT part of the retort was that this is pretty much SOP for ALL news organizations. Reading comprehension is fundamental.

That is also NOT a deflection. It is common practice for producers to conduct interviews, then have a talking head film a separate segment where it appears THEY are asking the principle the questions.

This very common practice is being scrutinized and magnified because the press dislikes Palin...but I think it's cute that you want to call me out simply because I'm explaining the practice.

As for the moonbat comment, I only call 'em as I see 'em...
Acting like this is something everyone does so it's okay is a deflection. It's NOT a common practice for producers to conduct interviews and then pretend 2 years later that Palin was sitting in on the interview. When it happens they should be called out for it, whether it's Fox, or any other so called news station. Did you even read the article, because it does appear that you didn't quite comprehend what was written. Actually it just appears that you're more concerned with insulting people than anything else..
Old 04-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #18
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacha View Post
Acting like this is something everyone does so it's okay is a deflection. It's NOT a common practice for producers to conduct interviews and then pretend 2 years later that Palin was sitting in on the interview. When it happens they should be called out for it, whether it's Fox, or any other so called news station. Did you even read the article, because it does appear that you didn't quite comprehend what was written. Actually it just appears that you're more concerned with insulting people than anything else..
For the love of Christ, STOP crying! You lefties cry and whine at the slightest drop of a pin. And the only thing you are better at is blaming everyone else for your own shortcomings...

I did read the article. DID YOU? In fact, after a second reading, I stand corrected. This is EVEN LESS THAN THE ORIGINAL NOTHING that the pop media is trying to spin into something! Palin wasn't pretending to interview him at all. She's simply the host of a show that highlights some accomplishments of people who faced some challenges.

LL Cool J doesn't like Palin (Hmmmmm...wonder why that might be?), and yahoo needs news, so they made this little piece of shit nothing into a front page story.

You, not having a clue that FAR worse goes on in the news every day, bit, and, well, here we are. I'm the bad guy for knocking down the 5th wall and explaining that this isn't anything that doesn't go on literally 1000 times a day on every news show from Peoria to Paris.

If you are insulted, you should be...at yourself. For rising to bite at this schlep...stop blaming others for your own ignorance.

EDIT: As a public service announcement, if you are watching, oh, say "60 Minutes" or some other show like that, and they don't have either a wide shot with both the reporter and the subject in it, or an over-the-reporters-shoulder POV shot, you're being duped. A producer filmed the subject's answers earlier, then the reporter was "dubbed in" later "asking" the questions. Happens all the time. That is NOT what happened here, though. This is just a producer packaging earlier approved footage with a fresher face on it. Not only is it very common, there's also nothing nefarious, untoward or misrepresentative about it at all.

Since I'm just an insulting asshole and all that, here's is a little pdf about how to do a tv interview. The end drops a few hints at some of the tricks these guys pull.
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/lits/ris/vr...rviewstyle.pdf

Last edited by revefsreleets; 04-01-2010 at 05:06 PM.
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #19
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976

wow your panties get in a bunch really easily dont they? You sure like to dish it out but you sure cant take it can you? If you have problems with people posting about networks misleading the public, that's not anybody's problem but your own. Have a great day if you can!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #20
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacha View Post
wow your panties get in a bunch really easily dont they? You sure like to dish it out but you sure cant take it can you? If you have problems with people posting about networks misleading the public, that's not anybody's problem but your own. Have a great day if you can!
Weak. Dumping your problems on me doesn't really fly.

Sorry you don't know what you're talking about. I hope I helped fix that problem in this case. I suspect we'll have to do this a few more times, though...

When I was a kid, there was this song....

"Open up your ears, open up your eyes. Learning can be fun, for the one who tries".

Try harder next time. You'll get there.

Your teacher has ended this lesson, little camper. Learn and grow from it.