Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-03-2010, 03:28 AM   #1
HayekHeroes
Water Boy

Member Number: 14811
Default Steelers Throw Parker Under the Bus

The Bus raised him. Parker helped the steelers win two superbowls and he went to 2 pro bowls. He did not have the best of hands. He was a good back and the steelers need depth at that position.

Parker has not be charged with sexual assault, smoking MJ, or throwing drinks in women's faces. Ok. so he was upset about losing his starting job. Who wouldn't? I think the Steelers made a mistake in not trying to sign him for cheap. I'm sure the Redskin's paid minimum or a little above for a great guy and solid player.
HayekHeroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:51 AM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,417 Times in 2,369 Posts
Default Re: Steelers Throw Parker Under the Bus

Willie made his choice, live with it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:07 AM   #3
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,887 Times in 1,629 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I still say they have there eyes on someone in the draft.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:04 AM   #4
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Willie left on his own. HE DIDN'T want to be here.
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #5
SteelersJW
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5742

A 1-year $3.1 million contract isn't minimum when you're not expecting the guy to carry the load. He'll be sharing time with Larry Johnson and Clinton Portis. This is just another example of the Redskins throwing money at old washed-up players.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayekHeroes View Post
The Bus raised him. Parker helped the steelers win two superbowls and he went to 2 pro bowls. He did not have the best of hands. He was a good back and the steelers need depth at that position.

Parker has not be charged with sexual assault, smoking MJ, or throwing drinks in women's faces. Ok. so he was upset about losing his starting job. Who wouldn't? I think the Steelers made a mistake in not trying to sign him for cheap. I'm sure the Redskin's paid minimum or a little above for a great guy and solid player.
Too many times I was FWP hit the hole like he ran into a brick wall. That was even when our o-line had favor. The writing was on the wall. When you draft a #1 who was a steal where he was picked, it was obvious what would happen in the future. MM proved he can get the job done. Obviously the professionals know what they are doing. We have won two superbowls in recent years with olines below our standards and with a NON DRAFTED, FREE AGENT RUNNING BACK. I am sure they know something about our backs that allow us to have a solid group.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
WH

Member Number:

If they did in fact throw Parker under the bus, they put him back where they found him.

They gave him a chance, both parties came out on the plus side. If he wants to be salty he needs to remember that no one else was knocking at his door when the Steelers picked him up.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
If they did in fact throw Parker under the bus, they put him back where they found him.

They gave him a chance, both parties came out on the plus side. If he wants to be salty he needs to remember that no one else was knocking at his door when the Steelers picked him up.
AMEN!
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
Set-Man
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12795

I had to write something after reading all the stuff about FWP.
In essence he was a great find by the Steelers. He WAS very fast and this was exploited by the decent offensive line he was running behind when he started. When he had a gap his speed exploited it. He wasn't a very instinctive runner as he seemed to often run into tackles instead of away from them.

If Mendenhall had a decent line to run behind, could you think how productive he could be? We are only 1, maybe 2, possibly 3 lineman (?4) away from that!

With injuries and a offensive line which is inferior Parker couldn't do anything. Please don't refer to the last game of the season as that was one game in a defense that was exhausted.

Did we throw him under the Bus? Heck no man! This is a business and his best years are way behind him. We should thank him for his contributions but to keep him is not only crazy but stupid.

The Steelers pride themselves in letting their vets go instead of trading them. Look at the Patriots who always get something for their vets. Look at what they did with Vrabel. He was such a big part of their team but they just shipped him off like it was nothing. Now we do not have to be the Patriots but there has to be a middle ground to rack up draft picks in which the team can be continually rebuilt.

just my opinion, of course...
Set-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #10
Bubbabanjo
Banned

Member Number: 15711

He had to go...he was too bitter. Like Foote he will have to learn what he lost at home. Willie was a good Steeler back and we needed him. Had a lot of good years and one great one in the SB. Shame all sides couldnt come together. A smart man would have known backup is the perfect position when the legs start to show wear and a team needs you. Wille was never the smartest guy.....but seemed like a good guy. Will miss the big dummy. He may even do better at the skins if they have a better run block line.....ours kind of stinks right now.
Bubbabanjo is offline   Reply With Quote