Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #21
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458
Default Re: McNabb to Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Actually, in this case, I think they're just saying they aren't scared to face the Redskins twice a year.

Normally, you'd be right. But trust me, they're still going to suck.

As a side note, I can't believe they would trade him for so little. Give up your starting QB for a second-round draft pick? I'd rather just hang on to him if that's the best anyone offered. Kolb looked OK, but I haven't seen anything to indicate he'll be that good. I wouldn't trust Vick with the starting job either. They must've really wanted McNabb out of there.
If the Eagles are going to have holes, it may be the OL - Shawn Andrews(probably the best OG ever) is finished and got cut, Jamaal Jackson tore his knee late last year and may not recover fully this year - again, they could have gotten more draft picks from the Skins to fix their OL. Or who knows? Maybe Reid and Banner know there are nuggets waiting in the latter rounds.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #22
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

I'm extremely shocked by this news. He was by far, the best QB in Eagles history. Let's see all he's done, went to a SB, went to 5 NFC championship games, probably has the Eagles passing records, and let's not for get when McNabb played on a broken ankle.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #23
JPPT1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5361
My Mood: Blah

Shows you how classless the Eagles organization for throwing McNabb under the bus!
Old 04-04-2010, 10:47 PM   #24
steeldawg
Starter

Member Number: 13605

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
I'm extremely shocked by this news. He was by far, the best QB in Eagles history. Let's see all he's done, went to a SB, went to 5 NFC championship games, probably has the Eagles passing records, and let's not for get when McNabb played on a broken ankle.
Well it came down to money they just would of had to pay him way too much. and besides if you keep for another 2 years then you have to draft a qb high because mcnabb will be old and kolb will be old and vick will be old. so you would have to pay mcnabb a bunch your newly drafted qb a bunch and the money you paid kolb would have just been wasted. I know mcnabb was great for the eagles but this deal did make sense.
steeldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #25
steelerohio
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14925

A shocker for sure... I wouldn't trade within the division... unless the player really is not that great of a football player
steelerohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:23 AM   #26
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
I've been a Steelers fan for the last 35 years, but I live just outside of Philadelphia and have had to deal with Eagles fans my whole life. They won't appreciate what they had until they see what they are stuck with. 82-45-1 record as a starter. There are more accurate passers in the league, but right at about 60% complete for his career and one of the lowest interception % of any starting QB ever......and they have NEVER liked him in Philly. Trading to a division rival no less. I can see him lighting the Eagles up, especially since the Redskins have a successful NFL coach at the reigns. By week 5 I assume the Boobirds will be looking for blood and bemoaning the loss of McNabb. Incredibly dumb move.
This is how I see it as well.

Not sure how the Skins will do this year, but they just got a hell of a lot better at the QB position.
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:33 AM   #27
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

I hope McNabb torches the Eagles twice next year. Look, many say McNabb is overrated. Honestly, I can't argue with that assessment to an extent. Still, Philthy fans have never given McNabb his due for what he has done for their franchise. Four (or is it five) NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl appearance, while disappointing, is still worthy of some admiration. Besides, Andy Reid is the one calling 50 pass plays a game when he has Micheal Westbrook is his backfield.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:53 AM   #28
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I never thought I would be saying this in a million years, but here goes: I think Dan Snyder might be putting together a winning team.

Uggh... I feel dirty now.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #29
SteelMusic
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 9792

My thoughts on the trade...

Quote:
Actually, this is a great deal for both teams. McNabb can't win the big games in Philly. I think by trading him to a team like the Skins with low/no big expectations McNabb will be the leader a team like Washington is looking for. Also, Washington snagged up Willie Parker. I see what they are trying to build -- a team like the Pats with hungry, smart, veteran leaders.

The down side for the Skins is that McNabb hasn't proven that he can win the "big game" (playoffs or the Superbowl). However, I think if they build the right environment around his big headed ass, he can thrive and shock the naysayers (I hate McNabb).

Like him or not, McNabb is a weapon and I think that he will thrive in an atmosphere where he will be loved AND expected to play well, minus the relentless media bashing he received in Philly on a weekly basis.

Whatever the case may be, it was a division trade; one team will lose and one team will win big time.

I just hope that my boy Fast Willie gets to play an important role in the Offense. He didn't fit in well with the new scheme in the Burgh -- but make no mistake -- he is still a dangerous weapon. FWP just isn't the guy you want to be picking up short yardage or an every down back.

I see what the Skins are doing; Building a hungry, smart veteran team that may shock alot of people if they can stay healthy and play off of each other as a unit. Stay tuned folks, this could get interesting!
http://footballscores.me/mcnabb-win-...edskins-eagles
Old 04-05-2010, 06:29 AM   #30
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,339 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Willie Parker and McNabb in Washington here come a superbowl.