Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 04-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #11
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Here's Your Chance to Rate the POTUS: Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borski View Post
[/B]

I'm not a fan of the guy at all but I sure hope that doesn't happen, please don't even joke about it.
I wasn't joking about him being shot but more along the lines of being ousted from the office - IMPEACHED!

While I may not like the man in office, I would never joke about him being assinated. It's not my kind of humor...now him being impeached, that's funny!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #12
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I wasn't joking about him being shot but more along the lines of being ousted from the office - IMPEACHED!

While I may not like the man in office, I would never joke about him being assinated. It's not my kind of humor...now him being impeached, that's funny!
And I, too, was talking about impeachment ---and NOT joking

Prior to the Healthscare reform there was a Senator (can't remember who) that was saying that if he pushed this thing through some may start proceedings for his impeachment (wish I could remember who it was). It makes one wonder if there is talk in the back rooms of the Capitol Building regarding his impeachment...

I'm not crazy about the guy as POTUS, but I would never condone assassination
Old 04-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #13
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
The funny part is that it's his own followers that are turning on him. Those he didn't vote for him in the first place still don't like him, still don't want him, and are waiting for 2012 to turn things over (unless as mentioned he doesn't make it).
This happened with Bush as well....both terms actually. We've become (or should I say have been for quite some time) a country that likes to put the blame on one person and then let it go from there. That's why nothing is getting fixed in this country. People think that bringing in a new Pres will fix everything, when really it's the people in Congress and Senate who need to be focused on.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #14
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,789 Times in 1,795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
This happened with Bush as well....both terms actually. We've become (or should I say have been for quite some time) a country that likes to put the blame on one person and then let it go from there. That's why nothing is getting fixed in this country. People think that bringing in a new Pres will fix everything, when really it's the people in Congress and Senate who need to be focused on.
Uhhhh.....It takes someone to sign them into law. Making who ever signs directly responsible.

They don't call it obaaamacare for nothing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #15
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Uhhhh.....It takes someone to sign them into law. Making who ever signs directly responsible.

They don't call it obaaamacare for nothing.
Who voted it through for the Pres to sign? He didn't just mandate from up on high you know.

I am with you that I don't agree with Obama on many things at all, but Congress and Senate hold the majority of the blame since they have majority decision on what laws will pass and what laws won't pass. If people really want to change things, this is where to start.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #16
WH

Member Number:

YAY! 2012! When the US gets to turn it over from a Turd Sandwich to a Giant Douche! Whooooo! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

Question for the folks that hate Obaaaaaaaaama: Who would you like to see replace him? and why?
You can't trust these results anymore than the ballot box stuffing for the NFL ProBowl. Right now I think Revs and Mach1 have voted at least 4000 times. (they are mostly accurate i'm sure, but I had to make the joke)
Old 04-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #17
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
AMEN SISTER!!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #18
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Who voted it through for the Pres to sign? He didn't just mandate from up on high you know.
There was nothing stopping him from pulling the veto card...

It's like when you get your taxes prepared by someone. They may have done the work, but you sign your name and you are responsible if there are mistakes. They are your taxes, just like this is his healthcare bill.

However, he did not create the content of the bill, he just OK'd it. The quality of the content is related to the quality in Congress and Senate, which, I agree, needs to be improved.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #19
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post

It's like when you get your taxes prepared by someone. They may have done the work, but you sign your name and you are responsible if there are mistakes. They are your taxes, just like this is his healthcare bill.

Of course there was nothing stopping him from pulling the veto card on his own idea lol. Everybody knew that this was something he wanted to do, and the majority voted him in anyway. Are you surprised that he didn't pull the veto card on the healthcare bill for some reason?
Old 04-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #20
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post

Are you trying to say that the American public is too narrow minded to extend blame past the President?