Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #21
WH

Member Number:
Default Re: Here's Your Chance to Rate the POTUS: Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Of course there was nothing stopping him from pulling the veto card on his own idea lol. Everybody knew that this was something he wanted to do, and the majority voted him in anyway. Are you surprised that he didn't pull the veto card on the healthcare bill for some reason?
Not many people are, I'm sure alot of his supporters were surprised when he signed such a shit bill. You have to wonder, did he read all 2800 pages of that bill? I doubt it.

I've come around on the healthcare bill. I didn't want to pass judgement until I actually got to read more about it. But Yesterday I finally read all I could and....as you've all said ''it's a steaming pile of dog shiite''
Old 04-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #22
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
Not many people are, I'm sure alot of his supporters were surprised when he signed such a shit bill. You have to wonder, did he read all 2800 pages of that bill? I doubt it.

I've come around on the healthcare bill. I didn't want to pass judgement until I actually got to read more about it. But Yesterday I finally read all I could and....as you've all said ''it's a steaming pile of dog shiite''
Of course it's a steaming pile of dog shyte, but if anyone didn't know that this was what Obama wanted, then they weren't paying attention to his platform during the presidential race. If his supporters are surprised, it's their own fault.

Again, the majority of the blame falls on Congress (which is made up of the 435 representatives and 100 senators....more commonly known as the Legislative Branch of our government). The Legislative Branch writes the bills. When the bill is written they need a simple majority to make it a law. A bill has to go through the Congress to get to the President.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #23
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Of course it's a steaming pile of dog shyte, but if anyone didn't know that this was what Obama wanted, then they weren't paying attention to his platform during the presidential race. If his supporters are surprised, it's their own fault.

There were a million other BETTER ways that Obama could have achieved what he campaigned for in regards to Health Care.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #24
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
There were a million other BETTER ways that Obama could have achieved what he campaigned for in regards to Health Care.
I don't disagree with you on this. Again though, it wasn't Obama who wrote the bill or passed it through Congress. Accountability cannot lie with one person on this issue. That's the reason why our government was set up into 3 branches with each branch having the ability to perform checks and balances on the other.

IMHO, the only people to blame for this are the American voters (they are the ones who put the people who write the bills into Congress). People have become extremely lackadaisical in terms of who gets voted into any government position. Most only vote based on party lines or what they see on TV ad campaigns. Almost makes me wish for a time when people used to fight to the death over political beliefs. Nowadays, it's a struggle to even get people to go to the booths to vote.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #25
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
YAY! 2012! When the US gets to turn it over from a Turd Sandwich to a Giant Douche! Whooooo! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

Question for the folks that hate Obaaaaaaaaama: Who would you like to see replace him? and why?
You can't trust these results anymore than the ballot box stuffing for the NFL ProBowl. Right now I think Revs and Mach1 have voted at least 4000 times. (they are mostly accurate i'm sure, but I had to make the joke)
IMO, the entire government is broken. Both parties have been hijacked by special interests and the wacko fringe elements of both the Right and the Left. The common folks' interests (which probably makes up more than 90% of the population and whose views by and large are middle of the road) are no longer represented. Haven't been for a while. Capitol Hill is overdue for an enema.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #26
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

Quote:
YAY! 2012! When the US gets to turn it over from a Turd Sandwich to a Giant Douche! Whooooo! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

Question for the folks that hate Obaaaaaaaaama: Who would you like to see replace him? and why?
You can't trust these results anymore than the ballot box stuffing for the NFL ProBowl. Right now I think Revs and Mach1 have voted at least 4000 times. (they are mostly accurate i'm sure, but I had to make the joke)

Why even answer that question ? I doubt you'd give any answer given anything but ridicule. C'mon, man, be for real.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #27
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

Quote:

ya think ?!

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #28
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
Why even answer that question ? I doubt you'd give any answer given anything but ridicule. C'mon, man, be for real.
You might have me confused for someone else.

It's an honest question. Really, who would you rather have there?
Old 04-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #29
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,272 Times in 1,289 Posts

Quote:
You might have me confused for someone else.

It's an honest question. Really, who would you rather have there?
An actual steaming pile of crap could do a better job.

Orrin Hatch would be a good choice. But god forbid, he's a mormon, couldn't possibly be any worse than a closet marxist muslim.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #30
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I had to vote fairly and didn't give him all F's - I gave him a C in one category and a D in another.

Still all F's as I type this.

Obaaaaaama in 2012.
I also, out of a spirit of generosity and fairness, gave him two Ds and a C... Fs the rest of the way.

Nobody should be getting excited about him either being impeached or losing in 2014. The system is set up not only to exclude Third Parties, but also to favor heavily incumbency.

That said, I can't think of a group Obama hasn't thrown under the bus yet... other than major corporations, that is.