Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15586
Default Steeler's MOCK

This is how I hope the draft pans out.

1. Earl Thomas, FS, Texas
2. Torrell Troup, NT, Central Florida
3. Akwasi-Owusu Ansah, CB, Indiana of Pennyslvania
4. Jason Fox, LT, Miami
5. Marshall Newhouse, OG, TCU
5. O'Brien Schofield, OLB, Wisconsin
5. Lonyae Miller, RB, Fresno State
6. Micah Johnson, ILB, Kentucky
7. Kerry Meier, WR, Kansas
Steel Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
SS43Polamalu
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15886
Default Re: Steeler's MOCK

I'd love any mock draft that starts with Earl Thomas lol
Old 04-07-2010, 04:07 AM   #3
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Lurking

Does not look like a bad mock.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

Where are you penciling in Shofield?

I like the idea of the value but he's really undersized. He's 6'2 220. If he adds 30 lb of muscle he could be like Silverback but that's alot to ask. not sure if he can cover well enough to play inside.

He might be best as a 4-3 SOLB, still small for that though....
Old 04-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
jdthree
Water Boy

Member Number: 8841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely McSmash View Post
Where are you penciling in Shofield?

I like the idea of the value but he's really undersized. He's 6'2 220. If he adds 30 lb of muscle he could be like Silverback but that's alot to ask. not sure if he can cover well enough to play inside.

He might be best as a 4-3 SOLB, still small for that though....
I was thinking the same thing... He may have to be put on the right team with the right scheme (tampa 2) in order to get any sort of pt right away.

That and Fox's injury that seems to be still a mystery are the only two items that I have a concern over. Well done!!!
jdthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

Steel Glory: I like your Mock. I appreciate the work you put into it sir. And I personally LOVE Earl Thomas. I mean I know alot of people talk bad on him cause of his lack of size. But to me, the guy is a true play-maker.
And would make a nice combo with Troy on obvious pass situations when Clark is out.. Sir, I like Troup, but he seems to be more of a 3rd round type. And I also feel he has no real position other than NT. He is not really quick off the ball. Wouldn't a better possible 2nd round option be Earl's teammate,,Lamarr Houston ?
He dominated this year. And I think is every bit the player that Gerald McCoy is.

Also Glory,,,I heard the Steelers had a Interview and visit from Alabama Birmingham QB/WR Joe Webb.
Have you heard of him Glory ? I looked at him, and read some things about him. And I have to say that in this age of " Wildcat " schemes, and trick plays, I really like this kid. I mean I know he hasn't a lot of WR Exp.
But his size/speed, good Character and his ability to cause frustration for opposing defensive coordinators makes him a interesting prospect. You think there is any chance the steelers might use a late round flier on him ?

Thanks.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #7
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Yeah, thanks for your comments.

I picked Troup in order to be the future NT. That was my mindset when choosing him in my mock. We need a young guy to groom behind Hampton.

Also, I realize that the Steeler's brought in Webb but didn't see him slipping out of the 5th. Maybe if I took him instead of Schofield, and then a backup OLB in the 7th for just competition and special teams play. Kerry Meier is a guy that is a converted QB too, but not with the same speed as Webb, more like a possesion receiver.

I picked Schofield to be a back up OLB, and even though he is a little small I think he would be great. He was doing great in the Senior Bowl practices until he got hurt. I believe before his injury he was a fringe 2nd early 3rd round guy, and saw alot of talent available there.

I picked a couple of guys that had an injury because if they clear physical exams we can wait for them to develop, and they would be a much better value at their position. Its not like we need them to start right away so why not get a guy that can learn and practice with an injury that has more talent and capability than others that are not injured, but would still be sitting anyways.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
And would make a nice combo with Troy on obvious pass situations when Clark is out.. ....
Huh?

Why would we take out our starting FS on passing downs? I like Thomas just fine btw.

I think Houston will be a good player but I suspect he'll be higher on the draft boards of 4-3 teams.

Webb is an interesting prospect as a receiver/gadget QB. I don't see the Steelers doing any goofy Wildcat stuff. He apparently lit it up at his pro day:

http://uabsports.cstv.com/sports/m-f...031110aaa.html

With an established starting 3 receivers, I think this is the kind of guy we need in the depth chart versus Battle and Randle El. If he can't play ST he'll have to make it to the practice squad though.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #9
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Sounds to me like he's a Texas homer.

Not that there's anything wrong with that

Saw that and just had to use it. ^
Old 04-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #10
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

Glory, from what I have read sir, the steelers have tal;ked with several DL,,but Troup was not one of them. And I still see him more as a 3rd round talent, but who can really say what a NFL GM is thinking. I really like Webb, and I think he actually may be available after the 5th round. Hell he maybe still there in the 7th. If he was, would you like to see us select him ? Cause I sure would. He's quite a physical talent. And not a bad QB either considering the total lack of skill players at Alabama Birmingham.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote