Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-06-2006, 01:06 AM   #21
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580
Default Re: Congratulations from Seahawks fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityWarrior
You`ll feel more than sick you loser. Save your song and dance for someone who needs it. We had the win from the start and your petty trolling did no good. How about some sour cream for that latai. LOSER!
Thanks to all of the gracious responders. And please realize that I for one know that people like the guy quoted above is not representative of or tolerated by the Steeler Nation if my experience here is any indicator.

So remember when you are browsing a lame post from a Seahawk supporter, we've all got a couple of idoits that cheer for every team and try not to lump us all together.

Enjoy your victory and be safe!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:09 AM   #22
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
Congrats on an incredible season for you guys. What an incredible run you've all had.

Our hearts are broken.(I feel sick....) But thats the way the ball bounces.

You guys run a great forum here and its been fun jawboning with all you this last week.

I hope we get the chance to have the same discussions next year...
Thanks HB. Good game and good luck to your team next season.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:21 AM   #23
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Thanks HB!
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:31 AM   #24
Seahawk80
Water Boy

Member Number: 1860
Smile Re: Congratulations from Seahawks fans

Allow me to join in the "feel good" thread here. :) Congradulations to your team. 2 months ago they were barely in the playoff picture and look were they are now. The first #6 seeded team to win the Superbowl - that is saying a lot right there. Rarely does a wild card team make it all the way and win, especially on the road. The Seahawks were in the same boat back in '83, but lost to a much better Raider team in the AFC championship game.

A lot of Seahawk fans will say the Steelers won thanks to the referees, but I don't see it that way. Sure, there were a few questionable calls, but is the NFL going to take pity on the Seahawks and give them the Lombardi? Heck, no! What makes a team great is the ability to overcome all the obstacles that are in their path. Seattle has done this throughout the season, considering the numerous injuries they sustained, and the 22-year playoff monkey that was on their back. It's the same with Pittsburgh. They were 7 - 5 two months ago, and as I said barely alive for a playoff berth. Both teams did it, but only one gets all the marbles.

Roethlesburger(sp?) played a great game, and I forsee great things for him to come in his career with the Steelers. I was really shocked with how his team performed during one possesion the first quarter, 3rd down and 28 yards to go. Most quarterbacks, especially rookies, would cave in facing that kind of situation. Maybe get 10 yards, if they're lucky. Not him though - he got out of the pocket, took his time (much to my dismay, LOL - I was screaming at the defense to get their hands on him), and launched a rocket all they way down field - 1st down! Man, that is stuff that you only see from great quarterbacks, such as John Elway or Joe Montana.

Now comes the rebuilding for next year. God only knows what next season will bring, but I am confident that the Seahawks will be ready.
Seahawk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:41 AM   #25
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525

Great game Hawks fans.. For sure there's idiots hiding under rocks for both sides but it's a shame our had to come out at a time like this.. Looks like 1 to many beers for the underaged.. Anyways. You guys have been great fun to smack back and forth with and very respectful.. I'm glad to have had the chance to talk with some of you and hope to see you in the future.. I'm sure we'll be playing again very soon.. Good luck!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:48 AM   #26
DJfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1676

Classy. You guys had a great year. Keep your chins high.

http://www.socalsteelcitymafia.com
DJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:59 AM   #27
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254

THanks from a true STEELER fan hats off HB and some of the other Hawk fans that have stood to offer congratulations
Unfortunately all of us Steeler fans could not fit on the BUS and some have ridden into SF on the short bus, Steel City Wussie, now get back on the short bus and go back to your rock!!
Old 02-06-2006, 02:06 AM   #28
Rust-Buster
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1633

Congrats you guys. You deserve the trophy. What a hell of a game, huh? I thought we might pull it out but that gadget play killed us. Hope we meet up next year for a rematch. Until then, enjoy your trophy. One for the Thumb. The Steelers Rule.
Rust-Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:06 AM   #29
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Hats off to seattle who fought to the end!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:12 AM   #30
CDN-CHawk
Water Boy

Member Number: 1846

Yup, I'm disappointed, and Congradulate you Steeler fans across America in 21-10 victory.
In watching all the forum posts on this and the Seahawks forums, we all seem to agree, officiating was, hmmmmm..suspect in many ways. Yes lots of dropped balls on Hawks part, and inefficent when it counted. Looking at final stats its the those 7 penalties for 70 yards that are the difference. You'll see us next year in warm Miami. Hope at least we gained notice from the rest of the country now. Great gift for "The Bus"