Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
blitzburgh56
Water Boy

Member Number: 15815
Default Santonio to 49ers for Picks Scenario

According to Mark Madden, the Steelers and 49ers have been talking about possible trade scenarios involving Santonio Holmes. Here is the scenario...the Steelers would get the 13th pick from the 49ers. The Niners would get pick 18. Then the Steelers would send Santonio to San Fran for their second round pick. By moving up to the 13th pick, the Steelers would select Joe Haden, who the Steeles are supposedly very high on. Then with the Niners 2nd round pick we take Golden Tate to replace Holmes. I have also heard this same scenario involving the Dolphins.

I personally would love to see this happen but it probably wont We would get a shut down corner in Haden, a young Hines Ward in Tate, and then we could also select an offensive lineman with our original 2nd round pick.

Anxious to hear opinions on this.
blitzburgh56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338
Default Re: Santonio to 49ers for Picks Scenario

First off.. who is Mark Madden? I wouldnt mind the trade with the 49ers with Holmes going there with our 18 and us get the Niners 2nd rounder.. not at all. With the Steelers resigning Larry Foote for ILB depth, I really think that puts the LB from Alabama off the Steelers list of needs, but who knows. I also thought at one time maybe the Steelers would be targeting a S like Berry or Earl Thomas, but with the resigning of Clark and the other guy from Tampa I dont think that is a major need either.
As of right now I think our major Needs are DB and Interior Offensive Linemen and DE/NT.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

The 49ers are in greater need of secondary help than the steelers so why would they pass up on Joe Haden?

They must believe that # 17 - OT ( Davis) and #18 CB ( Thomas / WIlson / McCourty) in the first plus Holmes as WR is a better fit than #13 - Spiller #17 - Davis and a 2nd round CB.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,670 Posts

i like the thought process, but seriously doubt we get golden tate with SF 2nd round pick. this trade would be a hell of alot more easy to make (and save a ton of $$$) if sweed had already shown some of his promise.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

I've heard the same scenario with the dolphins and also that we are going to try and go get marshall cause hes a pittsburgh native.

Its all rumors and until i actually see something telling me it is going to happen or it does happen, there are just going to be to many rumors to keep track of.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzburgh56 View Post
According to Mark Madden, the Steelers and 49ers have been talking about possible trade scenarios involving Santonio Holmes. Here is the scenario...the Steelers would get the 13th pick from the 49ers. The Niners would get pick 18. Then the Steelers would send Santonio to San Fran for their second round pick. By moving up to the 13th pick, the Steelers would select Joe Haden, who the Steeles are supposedly very high on. Then with the Niners 2nd round pick we take Golden Tate to replace Holmes. I have also heard this same scenario involving the Dolphins.

I personally would love to see this happen but it probably wont We would get a shut down corner in Haden, a young Hines Ward in Tate, and then we could also select an offensive lineman with our original 2nd round pick.

Anxious to hear opinions on this.

Sir, not to doubt your report but, I can't find anything from Mark Madden reporting this. Not to mention Madden is clueless as well. Read a story on his opinion of the steelers WORST Draft pick ever back in 2003. I gotta laugh out of it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/c...dden0430p1.asp
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #7
SS43Polamalu
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15886

Trade him now while we still can. He's turned into a distraction and he doesn't think we'll give him what HE thinks he's worth and i doubt we will. Trade him now and get a young WR in the draft that can learn from Ward for a season or two. Here's where he said he doesn't think we'll pay him what he's worth:

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...0/Default.aspx

I personally like the 49ers trade, move up in the first for a solid DB and use the second on a OL or WR, maybe wait till the 3rd and grab a guy like Shipley. He may be a little slower but the guy doesn't drop anything.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
I've heard the same scenario with the dolphins and also that we are going to try and go get marshall cause hes a pittsburgh native.

Its all rumors and until i actually see something telling me it is going to happen or it does happen, there are just going to be to many rumors to keep track of.
Right there says it all (in RED)
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #9
blitzburgh56
Water Boy

Member Number: 15815

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Sir, not to doubt your report but, I can't find anything from Mark Madden reporting this. Not to mention Madden is clueless as well. Read a story on his opinion of the steelers WORST Draft pick ever back in 2003. I gotta laugh out of it.]
He was talking about it today on his radio show. Sorry for the confusion.
blitzburgh56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #10
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772

Mark Madden is a complete moron, but if the 49ers scenario happened, i would be generally happy. I would want Haden or maybe even Berry if he slides, and Golden Tate would be perfect. Tate can do it all for us once Hines Ward retires. The guy can return kicks/punts, take reverses, heck even carries at RB (which he used to play), and play all the wide receiver positions. He's a Steve Smith type guy and could be utilized as a slot receiver for possession or split him outside as a deep threat.
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote