Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-06-2006, 12:07 AM   #21
northoftheborder
Water Boy

Member Number: 1858
Default Re: Great end to a great season and Thank you REFs!

You're as hyped as ever! :)
northoftheborder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:12 AM   #22
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizze99
northoftheborder, Why the F-CK are you on our site? You claim to have no ties to the Hawks or the Steelers, yet you feel the need to register on our site today and talk all this sh-t. Stick to hockey or your gay ass football league in canada and STFU!

LOL thank u i was about to say the same thing
Old 02-06-2006, 12:18 AM   #23
northoftheborder
Water Boy

Member Number: 1858

American sports patriotism is all stuck on itself. Isn't the Web great. You can't keep us out. And you can't shut us up. BTY the CFL is a worse joke.
northoftheborder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:18 AM   #24
RGV_Steeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 1510

Quote:
Originally Posted by northoftheborder
Being a "neutral watcher" from the north who could care less about the American hype machine known as the Super Bowl, its clear that the NFL is not a neutral league. And it was made clear that the coming home to Detroit story was to be the main feel good story line. Hey! It was supposed to be a neutral site, not a "home" game for anyone. Watching the pre-game, it was clear that the telecast, and the event was stacked to the rabid Steelers fans. I stopped counting after the 2nd quarter the number of times it was mentioned the Steelers as a historic franchise. Did anyone notice that the official "home" team had to come out first to unsportsmanlike boos from the crowd to the the "visiting" team coming in to a WWF entrance, music and all? But it was good to see the refs ensure it all turned out in favor of the crowd and national audience with their odd calls. Now listening to the American post-game feed of ESPN is like a love in to the Steelers. American homer hype is a joke. Funny how this homer patriotism carries over into everything else....you guys are hilarious!

Hehe thaat's funny. I guess real football is played up north huh ? There is nothing like some good old grey cup action.
RGV_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:00 AM   #25
Rust-Buster
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1633

Coulda, shoulda, woulda,
It don't take a Buddha
To just accept it.
When you get a bad call, you step up, make the big play and make that ref eat his flag.
The Hawks couldn't do that today. Yeah, some bad calls might have changed the outcome, but that's just a guess and a fantasy. Face the Facts. We lost.
The Hawks have nobody to blame but themselves. That performance was way too 2004 for them to win against the Steelers. Hawk dropped passes abounded.
Stevens didn't live up to his smack. If you want to find a goat. Look no further.
Rust-Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:01 AM   #26
Rust-Buster
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1633

13 beers and still no relief.
Rust-Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:19 AM   #27
rickmastfan67
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1033

Quote:
I stopped counting after the 2nd quarter the number of times it was mentioned the Steelers as a historic franchise.
Ok, first of all, if you didn't know, the Steelers had won 4 prior Superbowls before the 5 one last night. At that time, they were only 1 Superbowl win behind from tieing the overall record of 5 SB wins held by the 49er's and the Cowboys. So yes, I think that they were right in calling the Steelers a historic franchise.

Quote:
Did anyone notice that the official "home" team had to come out first to unsportsmanlike boos from the crowd to the the "visiting" team coming in to a WWF entrance, music and all?
Now, getting to this point. The Steelers were the "official home" team. They just decided to wear their away jerseys, which is the home teams choice in the SB. It's also traditional for the "away" team (which were the Seahawks) to come out first. Also, since there were more Steelers fans at the game because several Seahawks fans sold their tickets, you almost have to expect them to get booed some. It just happens. Nothing nobody can do about that. Heck, I bet that some of the Seahawks fans at the game booed the Steelers when they came out, but you just couldn't hear it.

Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.
Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist for the most current updates on the set.
rickmastfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:02 AM   #28
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Not to mention, the Steelers have the best traveling fans in the country. The have a huge turnout at EVERY away game (as acknowledged by the Indy game when the ownership was begging the fans not to sell to Steelers fans and 90% of the city would not sell to certain area codes). I would imagine that the proximity of Detroit to Pittsburgh as compared to Seattle had some to do with the number of fans as well. So before spouting your BS, maybe you should learn about the teams you are babbling about.
Rotorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:09 AM   #29
BigAL
Water Boy

Member Number: 1802

Look, there were some terrible calls made this game, all (I think...) went in Pittsburgh's favor. The "holding" call was the backbreaker -- a (most likely) 14 point turnaround for the Steelers. The following play, a really good pick (wouldn't have happened with the bad call previous) with a bizzarre call by the ref (Hasselback blocking below the knees???? ) gave you guys another 15 yards ...

Bottom line though, Hawks played a mediocre game, well below thier par, and despite Ben's even worse game, THE STEELERS WON.

Congrats on the win. See you next year (I can only hope you make it again next year, I'm betting we will!) And I hope the officiating will be better.
BigAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:17 AM   #30
BigAL
Water Boy

Member Number: 1802

Quote:
I would imagine that the proximity of Detroit to Pittsburgh as compared to Seattle had some to do with the number of fans as well.
from rotorhead

Yeah, it's a big difference driving 250 miles and staying at aunt melinda's house, or driving in on gameday vs. buying a flight SEA to DTW, having to take days offa work (if the boss'll let you go, and MY boss ain't no football fan....it's the FAA) and stay at some way overpriced motel 6 for a few nights. That shiat adds up to 8-10K pretty quick..... but I bet most the allotted 7000 season tickets showed up....
BigAL is offline   Reply With Quote