Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-10-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611
Default Ben's I'm sorry speech

You know it's coming.
Will he pull a Tiger and proclaim his religion again?
Will he get teary eyed?
Will he go to counseling?

I think it will go something like this:

I would like to apolize to my family, the entire steelers organization and the fans. I am aware that my actions, while not illegal, have hurt the team and I am truly sorry for that. I would like to apologize to my parents, because they taught me better then to participate in some of the activities that happened that night and I am even more sorry for disappointing them. I am 110% dedicated to this team and I look forward proving my dedication to this team in the offseason and beyond.

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
skinart82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3485
Default Re: Ben's I'm sorry speech

Why should he apologize? He didn't do anything wrong, especially to me. I hate it when celebrities think they need to say they are sorry. Did the REALLY do anything to hurt or change MY life........NO. Like Tiger Woods, apologize to your wife, not me.
skinart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
siss
Team Captain

He's not married!

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
Old 04-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
Kaeg
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5784

You gotta be careful with the "I'm sorrys". I think it can make you appear guilty-ish in the eyes of some people. Almost as if showing some sort of remorse. If you state them just right, maybe. But very careful wording. If I were Ben and I truly believed that I did absolutely nothing wrong, nothing that even resembled an apology would escape my lips. If I felt there maybe at least was some poor judgment on my part, It would be a very carefully worded apology.
Kaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinart82 View Post
Why should he apologize? He didn't do anything wrong, especially to me. I hate it when celebrities think they need to say they are sorry. Did the REALLY do anything to hurt or change MY life........NO. Like Tiger Woods, apologize to your wife, not me.
First of all Skinart, the Steelers pay him ALOT of $$$ and if he owes anyone an appology its them. If they or anyone is gonna pay that kind of $$$ then he is gonna have to be a team player and take the blame on all the troubles he is doing, whether he assaulted her or not he has brought problems and bad attention to the org that is paying all that $$$ for him to play a game.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #6
siss
Team Captain

I think it will be more of an apology for being a distraction. They may not be illegal but irresponsible.

~SI aticle 2006~
Old 04-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #7
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Couldn't this have waited till monday when we know for sure what charges will or won't be filed?
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
skinart82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdave1969 View Post
First of all Skinart, the Steelers pay him ALOT of $$$ and if he owes anyone an appology its them. If they or anyone is gonna pay that kind of $$$ then he is gonna have to be a team player and take the blame on all the troubles he is doing, whether he assaulted her or not he has brought problems and bad attention to the org that is paying all that $$$ for him to play a game.
So he should just sit at home under the covers with the lights out for the rest of his career? Dear God don't order a pizza, delivery driver may say you assaulted them. He's a man and a human before he's a Steeler. And don't get me wrong, I love Ben and I love the Steelers, but the guy is only 28, He's 3 weeks older than me, he isn't some dirty old man and he isn't married. It sucks that the woman he chose to spend time with decided to be spiteful and make false allegations against him!!!
skinart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #9
siss
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinart82 View Post
So he should just sit at home under the covers with the lights out for the rest of his career? Dear God don't order a pizza, delivery driver may say you assaulted them. He's a man and a human before he's a Steeler. And don't get me wrong, I love Ben and I love the Steelers, but the guy is only 28, He's 3 weeks older than me, he isn't some dirty old man and he isn't married. It sucks that the woman he chose to spend time with decided to be spiteful and make false allegations against him!!!
No he shouldn't. But when his actions effect the rest of the team and are a distraction then yes he should apologize. The steelers gave him a lot of money to be the face of the franchise. They put faith in him that he was up for it. And all we have seen from his that he likes to party a little to much.

~SI aticle 2006~
Old 04-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #10
Prok
Team Captain

Member Number: 8921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Couldn't this have waited till monday when we know for sure what charges will or won't be filed?
True dat. Can't put the cart before the horse.