Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #121
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs. Round One. Bring on the Sens!

Ya HTG I agree some of the comments about Fluery im hearing around is just unbelievable about a guy who took the Pens to the SCF's two years straight and won the cup the second time around. Sure he had an off game, but I don't consider the 8th most wins in the league a disappointment and he will come back strong Friday bank it!

Agreed Pens win in 6 and a W at home tomorrow before heading to Ottawa!
GO PENS!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #122
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I was listening to Y-108 this morning and was absolutely appalled by some of the comments I heard from purported "fans" with regard to MAF. Cut him, trade him, bench him . . . Thank God there were some fans who called in and sent texts (which the DJ revealed) in support of The Flower. I was there at that game last night and 2 of the Sens goals were unlucky breaks. One of 'em was a bad hop and on the other, the D sold Fleury out. I must admit, though, that only 4 SOG in the first and no shots in a time period of 16+ minutes was pretty abysmal, but they brought it in the 3rd - unfortunately too little too late.

I think Elliott is ripe for the pickin' but the Pens have got to take more SOG.

I think the Pens win in 6.

and to the fans - they were pretty much roarin' throughout the game.

XT - you would have cracked up listening to a guy who was sitting in the last row in our old D-7 section. He was firing comments out there all night but the funniest one of all was when he yelled down to the refs to "take the whistles out of their asses and blow them".

LETS GO PENS!
I'm not surprised. The Pens have the biggest bandwagon in the league - only the Caps come anywhere close. This is a Stanley Cup-winning goaltender, for crying out loud. If the Pens don't win the Cup, they're going to be calling for people's heads. Hell, the media has already sewn the seeds for it, as they always do. Just read Rob Rossi's article from the Trib about the team's expectations, and you'll see what I mean. Just wait until the Pens have a down season or 2 - it'll be like 2005-06 all over again, the team playing in a half-empty arena.

Too bad I missed the game and that crack from that fan, though - I'd have howled!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #123
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Whoa...I said IF I was a Sens fan. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Pens fan. Why else would I have season tickets? I hate the Sens and especially Jason Spezza.
LOL....my bad, read that completely wrong. I do agree with you for the most part on your other points though. Like I said, only thing I can figure is he felt he might as well try to play.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #124
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
LOL....my bad, read that completely wrong. I do agree with you for the most part on your other points though. Like I said, only thing I can figure is he felt he might as well try to play.
He won't be doing that again if that was his reasoning. Went from trying to play to out the entire postseason.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #125
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I was listening to Y-108 this morning and was absolutely appalled by some of the comments I heard from purported "fans" with regard to MAF. Cut him, trade him, bench him . . . Thank God there were some fans who called in and sent texts (which the DJ revealed) in support of The Flower. I was there at that game last night and 2 of the Sens goals were unlucky breaks. One of 'em was a bad hop and on the other, the D sold Fleury out. I must admit, though, that only 4 SOG in the first and no shots in a time period of 16+ minutes was pretty abysmal, but they brought it in the 3rd - unfortunately too little too late.

I think Elliott is ripe for the pickin' but the Pens have got to take more SOG.

I think the Pens win in 6.

and to the fans - they were pretty much roarin' throughout the game.

XT - you would have cracked up listening to a guy who was sitting in the last row in our old D-7 section. He was firing comments out there all night but the funniest one of all was when he yelled down to the refs to "take the whistles out of their asses and blow them".

LETS GO PENS!
Yeah, before I left the Pens forum I was on last year, everyone there was hopping on the trade Fleury bandwagon. Funny that they changed their tune after the SCF's.

I love the Pens, and I love this city. I do hate that it's not a big hockey market though. We've been so blessed with such a wealth of talent over the years and I hate that being a part of Penguins forums has been more of an embarrassment than a privilege.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #126
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
He won't be doing that again if that was his reasoning. Went from trying to play to out the entire postseason.
Well, i get his reasoning though...it was either try to play or not play at all. Like I said, nothing gained nothing lost. I respect him for giving it a shot though. If he was that badly injured, it was bound to catch up with him sooner or later.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #127
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, before I left the Pens forum I was on last year, everyone there was hopping on the trade Fleury bandwagon. Funny that they changed their tune after the SCF's.

I love the Pens, and I love this city. I do hate that it's not a big hockey market though. We've been so blessed with such a wealth of talent over the years and I hate that being a part of Penguins forums has been more of an embarrassment than a privilege.
Well im sure you as myself just take pride in knowing we are true fans that have been there since the "dark ages" and have always backed out team. I kinda just ignore the bandwagons because they are embarrassing, but I know like us there are plenty of loyal long time fans out there!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #128
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Quote:
My guess is it's something up with Johnson. I think Killer said that b/c of the headline for the story I posted. I haven't heard anything about either goalie being injured or sick.
This is the only thing I can find:

Quote:
11:37 AM:
Penguins video coordinator Jim Britt is in net for the Penguins at their Thursday practice. Goaltender Brent Johnson is not on the ice and we expect to get an update from Bylsma on his status after the skate.
Looks like something is up with Johnson. Hope it's not serious, I really like him as our back-up.
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #129
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
This is the only thing I can find:

Looks like something is up with Johnson. Hope it's not serious, I really like him as our back-up.
Yeah, if Britt is filling in, there's definitely something wrong with Johnson.

I've seen Britt do some goal tending on IPH, but he would never do a real practice session if someone wasn't seriously hurt or sick. He's not that bad either...but I sure hope Johnson is ok.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:19 PM   #130
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
Well im sure you as myself just take pride in knowing we are true fans that have been there since the "dark ages" and have always backed out team. I kinda just ignore the bandwagons because they are embarrassing, but I know like us there are plenty of loyal long time fans out there!
Oh I'm with you...it's just the mood on the main Pens forum (from the NHL.com site) is just extremely volatile. It's like if you're not the most sarcastic, self-loathing MF'er....you're not welcome. Just a bit much for me.