Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #21
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs. Round One. Bring on the Sens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
So who cares about the wins, as you say.

PLAYOFFS MATTER THE MOST OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be a fan for the Kings for all my life, I cant wait until Simmonds if he has the chance fights with Cooke.

Hopefully it will be more than just a little beating.
Cooke is an agitator not a fighter. Sorry if you don't like that. Ill take a non fighter any day when he contributes to the Pens the way he does. Yes Playoffs do matter most and the Pens know how to play solid hockey in them.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #22
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
Firstly I never said Fluery sucks.

Top 5 goalies in league on their good days

1. tim thomas
2. lundqvist
3. fleury
4. luongo
5. brodeur

Secondly dont call me a bandwagoner when i stay to watch the kings start the game at 4am and then work at 8am, you know nothing about my passion for supporting teams.

I wonder how many of you penguin fans stay up if you would to 4am to watch your team.

Oh btw we recently beat the Canucks 8-3.

And at least when we are winning by a large margain we keep it.
Fleury has NEVER been consistent in the regular season, so that doesn't worry me at all. He's more than proven he can step up to the challenge in big games.

I look for Malkin and Guerin to have the biggest impact against the Sens...they are the top point getters in the 4 games against this year. Crosby traditionally has not had big games against the Sens, but he's been playing on another level lately and I don't expect that to diminish any.

Sens also have a dismal 18-21-2 away record this year, so that plays into the Pens hands very well. My only real concern in the playoffs is defense (specifically Gogo and Letang). If they can step up their game, even just a little bit, I don't think the Sens have a chance.

And yes, I would stay up till 4am to watch Pens games. I don't sleep until then most nights anyway. I only questioned your fanhood of the Kings because it's so...random. Nobody anywhere really talked about the Kings (at least since Gretzky left) until this year. Not even people from LA.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #23
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Pens have decent fighters too...just sayin'.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
Old 04-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #24
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Fleury has NEVER been consistent in the regular season, so that doesn't worry me at all. He's more than proven he can step up to the challenge in big games.

I look for Malkin and Guerin to have the biggest impact against the Sens...they are the top point getters in the 4 games against this year. Crosby traditionally has not had big games against the Sens, but he's been playing on another level lately and I don't expect that to diminish any.

Sens also have a dismal 18-21-2 away record this year, so that plays into the Pens hands very well. My only real concern in the playoffs is defense (specifically Gogo and Letang). If they can step up their game, even just a little bit, I don't think the Sens have a chance.

And yes, I would stay up till 4am to watch Pens games. I don't sleep until then most nights anyway. I only questioned your fanhood of the Kings because it's so...random. Nobody anywhere really talked about the Kings (at least since Gretzky left) until this year. Not even people from LA.
I only think the Pens won't be good agains the Sens because i think their the darkhorse, and well the Pens have had to worried the past few weeks. Even if you beat the Sens u got the Devils and then the Caps which is hell.

Greztky's best assist was to Yezerman lol, Simmonds is the stuff right now, love his style of play.

An agitator imo is just a wuss. Simmonds is what 180lbs and he fights 220-230lbs. It just shows how much of a dude he is like below.

He goes right after a defensemen and kinda wins

[YOUTUBE]nZGHbl-jXCg[/YOUTUBE]

Yes there are some bandwagoners, I dont register at the Kings because of that, so i decide to give my opinions on the penguins thread.

Im glad you would stay up to 4am to watch, now it will be 6am for me when i have to go to turkey for a few months for business and then hong kong idk what time.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #25
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Simmonds is a decent fighter of course (although Getzlaf and Stuart are probably not the best examples of why lol)...but not sure why you are bringing up Simmonds in response to Cooke. Cooke (as has been mentioned) is not known to be a decent fighter, he's an agitator. The Pens already have a couple of enforcers on the team in Rupp and Godard.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #26
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Thanks for being one of the few to at least be civilised in the conversation.

And to just say, after the penguins won the stanley cup i shifted to supporting the kings because i liked them for what they were, not liking the team because i loved the football team.

i couldnt care if they sucked, growing up liking soccer my local team wasn't very good always went into administration, all my friends supported the big teams, for me its the enjoyment. i couldnt care less if they are one hit wonders.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #27
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

And you can like any team you won't Im not going to judge you for that at all, but Cooke and Simmonds are two different players. Cooke is the agitator starts things, scores and contributes to the third line and we have Rupp and Godard as our enforcers when things get out of hand.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #28
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

One of the best part of Pens playoff hockey? That's right...more Yinz luv da Guins (though not as many this year as I've been accustomed to in past years :(

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
Old 04-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #29
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

I love Yinz Luv Da Guins watch every episode SteelCityMom. It is a shame he didn't do many episodes and looks like only one after 4 games of a series.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #30
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

inj updates

Left winger Alexei Ponikarovsky is eligible to return from a two-game NHL suspension for Game 1 of the playoffs. Also expected back are Matt Cooke (head) and Chris Kunitz (shoulder).

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10103/1049966-61.stm
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote