Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Help Center > Feedback & Support

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-28-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
SnowDog
Water Boy

Member Number: 348
Default Lions Redzone : Link Trade

Hello, great site you guys have here.

I am on a mission to find a fan run forum for each team in the NFL which
lead me to your place. I am the web designer for a new Lions fan site called
Lions Redzone ( http://www.lionsredzone.com ) and I will be placing a link
on our home page ( in the NFL Clips area ) to your forum so that when the
time comes for our teams to do battle, some of our participants can come
here to get the low down on the Steelers or tell you guys how great the Lions
are (not really). It would be cool if you guys would stop by and visit us as
well. Our group can get a little rough at times and we have no moderators or
rules so either beware what you read or post what ever you like.

Please tell your Steelers to take it easy on my Lions this upcoming season :)

Thanks in advance
SnowDog
SnowDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:21 AM   #2
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Lions Redzone : Link Trade

I`ll checkout your forum, It should be fun. Go Steelers. Hope to be in Detroit in Feb.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Snowdog nice site. Do you tink your Lions will be better this year?
Old 03-28-2005, 11:45 AM   #4
SnowDog
Water Boy

Better? yes
Great? no

With Moss out of Minny, the Packers age and contracts catching up to them, and the lousy Bears, the Lions could win the division, or at least get a Wildcard birth, but that's all the further I see them going, maybe 10-6 if we are lucky and can stay healthy, and that all depends on if Joey Harrington can be cured of rectal cranium disease. Kevin Jones should be awesome for us and hopefully we can draft a pass rusher to solidify our Dline. I am hoping for Erasmus James but I think the Lions will have to draft Barron to replace McDougle. Either way this should turn out to be a very interesting and exciting season for the Lions. If only the Lions didn't have to play the friggin' Steelers and Ravens :o
Old 03-29-2005, 12:13 AM   #5
HinesWard4Life8682
Starter

Member Number: 323

nice site snowdogs, my friends here will love it, ill tell them about it, I HATEEEEE THE LIONS, but, i do see them getting better and its about time they do. the fans in my areas are getting restless
Old 03-29-2005, 12:24 AM   #6
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

cool deal we'll check it out !! and don't worry we can hold our own against those that dare to challenge us in trash talking !! :D
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:46 AM   #7
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Thanks for the plug. Checked it out. I'll be back to get the inside scoop before you guys come into Hienz.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:58 PM   #8
SteelersFever
Founder

Member Number: 1

Cool site, I'll add your link as well. :)
SteelersFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:05 AM   #9
SnowDog
Water Boy

Thanks for the respect guys - highly appreciated and shows your class

Ready for a thesis - So much has happened to both me and the Lions this season since I first posted here. Let me do a short recap and finish with a grand announcement that I hope will be accepted well by all of you here.

THE LIONS ARE DEAD - LONG LIVE THE STEELERS

Week 4 (game 3) : Detroit Lions @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 13-17

This particular game was especially dramatic in the end when Joey Harrington drove the team down the field covering 86 yards on 17 plays showing that he can be very successful if allowed to play the game his way. With 30 seconds left in the game, after a false start penalty pushed the Lions back to the 26, Joey connects with Roy Williams for 14 yards to the 12 and a first down with 20 seconds left on the clock. Then the rediculous happened. Pollard catches a pass sliding across the turf in the endzone and the Lions go ahead 19-17. But wait, the review assistant calls for a review and the officials rule that Pollard had slide out of bounds before having control of the ball. No TD. Two more attempts on a couple fades from Joey to Mike Williams and then Roy Williams, both passes placed were the receivers should have scored, and the Lions walk off the field rejected. After the game Joey gets blasted by fans and the media and a few weeks lter he gets benched for a lesser talented QB.

Why is this game so important that I need to racant the tale on a Steelers forum at a time when the Steelers prepare to 'smack-down' the over-rated Colts and head to Denver for a matchup of the two best teams in the AFC in the conference championship round? I'll explain, hold on .....

This loss was the begininng of the end for the Lions season. At least that was how I perceived the situation back in September 2005 when I wrote my fare-well blog on the Lionsredzone site [ http://lionsredzone.com/Blogs.php?blog_no=22 ]. What I witnessed in this game was a very talented team, albeit a very young talented team, who were not coached up to their abilities, not prepared, and basically forced to play in a system that did not fit their talents. Plays called were rediculous at times and there was no leadership or accountability, just excuses and bantering, not to mention drug problems and finger pointing. This was bad coaching plain and simple. This game never should have come down to a last minute drive, a badly officiated review, nor three hopeful pass attempts into the endzone. For instance the Lions best running back carried the ball 12 times for 38 yards and 1 TD. Only 12 carries? 8 of those carries were in the first half. Time and time again the plays called force Joey into 3rd and long situations. Just like the week before when Joey threw 5 picks to the Chicago Bears, this is not how you win games in the NFL.

It was obvious to me after this game that Mariucci did not have a clue how to develop young talent. Mooch was clueless for what it takes to win in the NFL, in today's NFL, with less than spectacular players. The only time he was successful as a head coach was in San Francisco with Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Garrison Hearst and a dominant offesnsive line. My opinion of Steve Mariucci was never really that high in the first place but this game was the apex of my disdain for him. He had to go. He had to go now!

Then the incredible happened. Mooch was not fired and then he simply benched the best QB the team had so he could place his hopes on the back of Jeff Garcia. Anyone could see the problem with this team was not the QB position - well, anyone with an objective view. The fans and media loved his decision. Of course the fans and media in Detroit always love to see the starting QB headed to the bench. It seems to be a required madness to bea Lions fans these days - the backup QB is the most valuable player on the team. Problem was they were under the impression that Jeff Garcia had talent and skills enough to carry this offense. Not me, no sir. I ranted endlessly the day the Lions signed this fungnoid. He had helped in the collapse of the 49ers, who fired their headcoach and GM after the offense imploded with Jef Garcia at the helm. He was a major problem and the main reason for the Browns firing their headcoach and GM in 2004. Now it was time for him to destroy the Lions from the inside out.

Hold on, I am almost to the point here .....

That was it for me. I had spent 25 years of my life worshipping a team that gave me back nothing but one playoff victory over a decade ago. As I stated in my blog (linked above), this year was 'next' year. There would be no others for this devoted fan. I tired of excuses for coaches who take the wind in overtime, players who are benched because of one bad game, QBs who are never worth the pick or money and never develop because of the lack of patience, coaches who over-react to fans and media, GMs calling former players 'gay' or 'cowards', and owner that says nothing of substance during the season and always makes the wrong decisions, and mostly I tired of fans and the local media who thrive on making fun of their team any way they can imagine. Fans who don't want their least favorite players to succeed even if it means the team loses a game. Fans who wear orange to a game against the Bengals. Fans who find the most simplistic reasons for a loss, drive local journalists to agree with their idiotic conclusions, then drive coaches crazy with ignorant questions. Fans who want a 'reset' every 3 years because they do not have the patience to allow a team to develop into a winner. Proof of this will be the Lions letting Jauron and Joey move on to hire most likely a rookie coach (like Russ Grimm) and bringing a new QB to become the new scape goat of a flailing franchise.

So in conclusion, I walked away. Call me a quitter if you like but I can recant season after season that I stuck through wagons full of BS, bad decisions, horrible player cuts (ever heard of Jeff Hartings, Clint Kriewaldt, Travis Kirschke, Chidi Iwuoma, Charlie Batch ? Not to mention Rueben Droughns, Jeff Compton, and a host of other quality players cut loose for lesser talents in Detroit), and basically a team that is snake bit every year, cursed, damned, what ever you call it the Lions are that. They will never win a Superbowl. I am not a quitter, I just realize when I have been pushed too far. A quarter of a century has passed since I switched from being a fan of the steel curtain and Terry Bradshaw to follow the up and coming Lions with Billy Simms, Gary Danielson, and Leonard Thompson who were most certainly bound for greatness.

So I have returned to my roots and proclaimed myself a Steelers fan again. In all honesty I was never not a Steelers fan, so to speak. My best friend, and best man at my wedding 18 years ago, is a solid Steelers fan (man did I give him a hard time on the way home after the 'coin toss' game - sorry for that dude) and I have always rooted for them even sometimes quietly against the Lions. Not sure how much I will post here, since I am hardly as knowledgable as I most likely will find most of you. I will learn though - unlike most Lions fans, I will read and listen instead of typing posts of ignorance from my butthole. Thanks to the CC here for giving me a place to rant my emotions on this subject and show my fanaticism for the NFL. This is going to be a very good year for me, I just know it.

So, if you are looking for the condensed version : Screw the Detroit Lions and GO STEELERS!

PS I no longer run the lionsredzone site - along with the above I tired of moderating and owning a site that was predominently immature morons posting insults and rascist comments or spending most of their time pushing other people's buttons for laughs - besides I can't own a site of a team I dispise - a new web plan is on the works but this time it will be more personal - they can have the lionsredzone, I don' tmiss it one bit

PSS will there be hazing?
Old 01-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #10
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

damn i would read that whole post but i have an attention span of about 5 seconds. so i just noticed you are now a steelers fan. i think you are makin a wise move there, and at least you can say you were a fan before we won this years superbowl
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote