Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-08-2006, 07:08 PM   #31
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: Stay with us Wiz !

Take this for what it's worth...just my opinion.

I would love to see the Wiz in silver and black. He is exactly what the Raiders need to right the ship. Unfortunately, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Al Davis is mired in the past. He does not believe in paying a HC. You don't need to worry about the Wiz being offered money he would be foolish to turn down... it aint gonna happen.

The one thing that would bring the Wiz to Oaktown would be control. You don't need to worry about that, either. Al Davis will never give up enough control to entice Wiz to take the job.

I look for Art Shell to get another shot... someone Al doesn't have to pay a lot of money, and even more importent... someone who Al can control. You have no idea how much I hope I am wrong... but I don't think I am.

Unfortunately, there are very few of us Raider fans that seem to be able to take the rose colored glasses off when it comes to Al Davis. He can do no wrong in the eyes of 99% of all Raider fans. I don't know why it so hard to see that Al's way no longer works in today's NFL. I have great respect for Al Davis, but, untill he sees the light, I fear the Raiders will be a mediocre team, at best, for years to come.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #32
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black
Take this for what it's worth...just my opinion.

I would love to see the Wiz in silver and black. He is exactly what the Raiders need to right the ship. Unfortunately, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Al Davis is mired in the past. He does not believe in paying a HC. You don't need to worry about the Wiz being offered money he would be foolish to turn down... it aint gonna happen.

The one thing that would bring the Wiz to Oaktown would be control. You don't need to worry about that, either. Al Davis will never give up enough control to entice Wiz to take the job.

I look for Art Shell to get another shot... someone Al doesn't have to pay a lot of money, and even more importent... someone who Al can control. You have no idea how much I hope I am wrong... but I don't think I am.

Unfortunately, there are very few of us Raider fans that seem to be able to take the rose colored glasses off when it comes to Al Davis. He can do no wrong in the eyes of 99% of all Raider fans. I don't know why it so hard to see that Al's way no longer works in today's NFL. I have great respect for Al Davis, but, untill he sees the light, I fear the Raiders will be a mediocre team, at best, for years to come.

look if al wants him he willl pay secondly you dont no how much power he will give so we will just have to wait an see wont we!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:53 PM   #33
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha rock
look if al wants him he willl pay secondly you dont no how much power he will give so we will just have to wait an see wont we!
I can't really argue with that... you're right, we will have to wait and see. I didn't state anything as fact, did I? I said it was my opinion.

You haven't even been alive for as long as I've been a Raider fan... I think I have a bit more insight, and a better understanding of how Al Davis works than you do... I've been observing it for 38 years, now.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:57 PM   #34
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,142 Times in 3,095 Posts

ive seen 2 out of 3 raiderfans say any head coaching job is better than an assistants job. tell that to mike tice at less than a mil/year and tell that to g. williams and a. saunders at 2+ mil/year. if davis was smart he would give up control and hand over the reigns to wiz. if the rooneys are smart they will act like d. snyder and give a hefty payraise to wiz to keep him. i dont know what lebeau earns but he is, and has been in the past, the magic to the steelers defense. i really think the rooneys could buy another sb or 2 if they keep these 2 coaches in place. just remember rooneys...THERE IS NO SALARY CAP ON COACHING STAFF!
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #35
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Just becuz he interviews doesnt mean he'll go...he sticks it out another year or 2..better jobs will open up for him.

No offense to our raider members, but in all honestly.. The raiders are not a place for a first time head coach to go to.. there are exceptions but you couldnt pay enough to work for Al Davis.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #36
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

Raiders fans, I have a gut-feeling Davis senses the time running out, and ESPECIALLY after seeing Pittsburgh rise to the top again after such a long hiatus.

My feeling:

Davis gives Wiz GREAT 1st year money and control. NOT Holmgren-like control, but enough to make him take 15 times what he's making now to jump at the chance to be a head coach. Don't think Wiz is excited? That coulda been any one of us at that airport.
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:48 AM   #37
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIIOwheelz
Raiders fans, I have a gut-feeling Davis senses the time running out, and ESPECIALLY after seeing Pittsburgh rise to the top again after such a long hiatus.

My feeling:

Davis gives Wiz GREAT 1st year money and control. NOT Holmgren-like control, but enough to make him take 15 times what he's making now to jump at the chance to be a head coach. Don't think Wiz is excited? That coulda been any one of us at that airport.
I really hope you're right. If Al hopes to see another championship before his time is up, he needs to wake up and smell the coffe. He needs to give Wiz enough money and control, even if it goes aginst his beliefs.

Al Davis is a brilliant football guy... I just hope that his great ego can be put aside for the good of the Raiders. We will see.

Al Davis quote... "The greatness of the Raiders, is in their future." Time to practice what you preach, Mr. Davis. Step up, and do the right thing for your loyal fans!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #38
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,316 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

I say there's NO WAY Whiz goes to Oakland. He just interviewed for the sake of interview experience.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:12 AM   #39
WeNowHave5
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1941

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Just becuz he interviews doesnt mean he'll go...he sticks it out another year or 2..better jobs will open up for him.

No offense to our raider members, but in all honestly.. The raiders are not a place for a first time head coach to go to.. there are exceptions but you couldnt pay enough to work for Al Davis.
I agree. Raiders are for Coaches and thugs who have well-establsihed their coaching and thuggery in the NFL
WeNowHave5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:29 AM   #40
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Wiz would be making a huge mistake If he takes the HC job in Oakland. Having to deal with Al Davis is reason enough for him not to take the job. That's the last place anybody would want to coach. The guy deserves better.

As for other teams that may be interested in The Wiz, I think he should stick around a year or two with the Steelers. I think LeBeau was hinting to Wiz at the parade that the HC job isn't all what it's cracked up to be at times. It's not an easy leap. Get more time under your belt, look at your options in a year or two and then make the decision.