Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-09-2006, 11:34 AM   #41
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: Stay with us Wiz !

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeNowHave5
I agree. Raiders are for Coaches and thugs who have well-establsihed their coaching and thuggery in the NFL
...And so it starts. Why must the thuggery comments always come out? Did a Raiders fan come on here and disrepect your team in this thread?

I understand that you don't want to lose Wiz, I wouldn't either if I was in your position. I don't blame the Steelers oganization, or the the fans, one bit for wanting/trying to keep him. I, on the other hand, would love to see him take the job. Not because of any spite or malice toward the Steelers, but, because I see the same virtues in him, that you do.

How about ceasing with the uncalled for inuendos... at least untill it is warrented?
silver & black is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:35 AM   #42
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Tunch Ilkin related this story this morning, from 'friends inside the Raider organization', about the inner-workings of that team:

a few years ago, the Offensive Line Coach and his Offensive Tackle were at-practice, quarreling about a certain blocking-technique on a particular play.....
when they couldn't resolve the issue, they went over the Offensive Coordinator's head, past the Head Coach's office, and took the matter straight to Al Davis himself.....

after Davis listened to both sides explain their ideas on that aspect of the play, Davis turned to the Offensive Line Coach, saying:
" It is easier to replace an Offensive Line Coach than it is to replace an Offensive Tackle:
DO IT HIS WAY!!!!! "

pointing to the Offensive Tackle.

If Whisenhunt wants to step into THAT kind of envoirnment, where players and position-coaches disregard a Head Coach's authority, God help him:
HE'LL NEED IT!!!!!

He'd be better-served to wait for another job-opening, possibly when Tom Coughlin self-implodes in a few years at New York, so he can inherit Archibald's youngest losing-son, and Plexigalss for his offensive mix:
Whisenhunt's 'street-value' will only go-up in the next few seasons.
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:46 AM   #43
WeNowHave5
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1941

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black
...And so it starts. Why must the thuggery comments always come out? Did a Raiders fan come on here and disrepect your team in this thread?
Relax, just having some fun with a little truth. I live in South Fl and we all joke around about the University Of Miami Hurricanes and their Historical Criminal athletes. Dont take things so personal. Its just a game.
WeNowHave5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #44
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps
Tunch Ilkin related this story this morning, from 'friends inside the Raider organization', about the inner-workings of that team:

a few years ago, the Offensive Line Coach and his Offensive Tackle were at-practice, quarreling about a certain blocking-technique on a particular play.....
when they couldn't resolve the issue, they went over the Offensive Coordinator's head, past the Head Coach's office, and took the matter straight to Al Davis himself.....

after Davis listened to both sides explain their ideas on that aspect of the play, Davis turned to the Offensive Line Coach, saying:
" It is easier to replace an Offensive Line Coach than it is to replace an Offensive Tackle:
DO IT HIS WAY!!!!! "

pointing to the Offensive Tackle.

If Whisenhunt wants to step into THAT kind of envoirnment, where players and position-coaches disregard a Head Coach's authority, God help him:
HE'LL NEED IT!!!!!

He'd be better-served to wait for another job-opening, possibly when Tom Coughlin self-implodes in a few years at New York, so he can inherit Archibald's youngest losing-son, and Plexigalss for his offensive mix:
Whisenhunt's 'street-value' will only go-up in the next few seasons.
I have heard all the Al Davis horror stories you can find. Do remember how tired you were/are of the spin the media used/is using to taint your SB win? Anyone with a brain knows it is bullsh*t. Try and see this the same way.

The Raiders and Al Davis are hated around the NFL, and the media feeds like a bunch of starving sharks off of it. I am not about to say that every bad thing you ever heard about Al Davis is a lie, but damn, most of it is far from the truth!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #45
WeNowHave5
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps
Thats Al DAVIS's fault for allowing that to happen. His "Just WIN" baby approach can be self defeating sometimes. Let also not forget that the history behind Raider Penalties shows general lack of discipline which comes from coaching
Old 02-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #46
MNsteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 841

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black
I have heard all the Al Davis horror stories you can find. Do remember how tired you were/are of the spin the media used/is using to taint your SB win? Anyone with a brain knows it is bullsh*t. Try and see this the same way.

The Raiders and Al Davis are hated around the NFL, and the media feeds like a bunch of starving sharks off of it. I am not about to say that every bad thing you ever heard about Al Davis is a lie, but damn, most of it is far from the truth!
I'm trying to figure out why you can find so much loyalty for an owner who has moved and tried to move his team several times, hasn't won in decades, brings in shady personnel/makes the wrong personnel moves and doesn't let his coaches do their job. The post about Gruden earlier was completely correct; he got out of there because he wasn't going to win because Davis is too offensive-minded.

Wiz is a great fit in Oakland and with Davis. There is no way he's not taking that job, so let's not be naive and wish him the best. He did a fantastic job and he deserves his chance to be great. Granted, success in Oakland can't be too difficult considering they've won nine games in two years, but Wiz won't be compared with Norv Turner. Best of luck Coach Wiz! Thanks for the Super Bowl!
MNsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #47
WeNowHave5
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNsteelers
I'm trying to figure out why you can find so much loyalty for an owner who has moved and tried to move his team several times, hasn't won in decades, brings in shady personnel/makes the wrong personnel moves and doesn't let his coaches do their job. The post about Gruden earlier was completely correct; he got out of there because he wasn't going to win because Davis is too offensive-minded.

Wiz is a great fit in Oakland and with Davis. There is no way he's not taking that job, so let's not be naive and wish him the best. He did a fantastic job and he deserves his chance to be great. Granted, success in Oakland can't be too difficult considering they've won nine games in two years, but Wiz won't be compared with Norv Turner. Best of luck Coach Wiz! Thanks for the Super Bowl!
But thats probably why Wiz wont win in Oakland. That organization needs to be changed from the top. Wiz may get some head coaching experience with OAK (which may be why he is going to OAK, just for the head coaching experience) but I see him ultimatley coaching somewhere else.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:09 PM   #48
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,080 Times in 4,583 Posts

i see alot of posts saying wiz should stay and wait for a better job next year. but only 4xsbchamps has offered up a potential openning in the next few years. there will definitely not be as many openings next year as there was this year. about 20 teams have 1st -3rd year coaches who are unlikely to be fired before they are given a legitimate shot. about 10 teams coached by the likes of belichick, holmgren, fox, gibbs, parcells cowher, and shannahan- these guys arent going anywhere.

maybe the cardinals would want a new coach next year. now who is more committed to winning, the raiders or cardinals? id say the raiders. possibly shottenheimer gets fired if he misses the playoffs again, but other than that i cant see any other teams making changes in the near future
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #49
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Relax, just having some fun with a little truth. I live in South Fl and we all joke around about the University Of Miami Hurricanes and their Historical Criminal athletes. Dont take things so personal. Its just a game.
Sorry if I got a little carried away. I hear this sh*t everywhere I go. This thug reputation all started when Art Shell was hired as the first black coach in the NFL. It seemed like after that, every gang banger and gangster rap artist was wearing our colors and logo as some kind of symbol of rising out of oppression or... don't screw with me cause I'm a bada$$... you can tell because I wear Raiders colors. BULLSH*T! The Raiders are about football... hard hitting, agressive, and sometimes over the edge... but football none the less... not hoodlums and convicts.................. we can leave that to the cowgirls.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:21 PM   #50
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Thats Al DAVIS's fault for allowing that to happen. His "Just WIN" baby approach can be self defeating sometimes. Let also not forget that the history behind Raider Penalties shows general lack of discipline which comes from coaching
I can't disagree with that. In the past The Raiders were always good enough to overcome the penalties. Most of the penalties were late hits and cheap shots. They didn't care, it was about intimidating the other team, making them quit... it worked. Phil Villapianno used to swear that the opposing QB would throw the ball to him on purpose, just so he could get off the field and not get hit again.