Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-05-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906
Default My Take

My take:

Ben was off the whole game. Maybe it was the new super bowl balls or something but everything he threw was behind and the WR had to fight for. The early almost TD pass to Ward was about the best ball he threw all day, it would have taken an incredible catch to bring it down.

-Our D played typical, bend but don't break. Ike was getting worked over but he was 1 on 1 and did exactly as he should, he played to defend the deep ball. That interception he got wasn't on him, Hasselbeck's one mistake that really cost them.

-Alexander was a non-factor. Both teams did well against the run, Willie P. had 93 yards on only 10 carries but one was that great 75 breakaway.

-Coaching: I was upset that we didn't get Ben into a groove early but I guess they didn't want to put too much on him. He never did get in a groove. WHERE WAS HEATH? He wasn't in even in there for a lot of the game.

-Our special teams did well. Gardocki is the man, his kicks were booming. Seattles Josh Brown missed

-Porter? 3 tackles and nothing else? I can't believe we pay him $5m for that kind of pitiful performance game after game.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:12 PM   #2
Crash
Water Boy

Member Number: 1131
Default Re: My Take

Big deal. A win is a win and it doesn't matter how each person plays, it matters how THE TEAM plays. Overall the team did good. Sure, Ben may have been off, but when he screwed up, the rest of the team was there to back him up and let him know it wasn't a big deal. The defense played great, and Porter may be getting paid $5m, but guess what, he is still a great player. You think for the past two weeks, Seattle didn't take a close look at how he plays? Of course they did, and they wanted to shut him down. Pretty much they did, but THE TEAM wasn't shut down. Some fans need to figure it out. The new approach with the Steelers since last year is depth. Not single players being factors. It's about a team effort and has been since last year.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:18 PM   #3
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook

-Porter? 3 tackles and nothing else? I can't believe we pay him $5m for that kind of pitiful performance game after game.
Game after game? The guy had 10.5 sacks during the regular season and his back to back sacks ended the game in Indy. Oh yeah, he's an emotional leader, too.

Here's my take: The Steelers are the best team in football this season and I'm damn proud of every guy in that locker room who contributed to the success of the team this season.

Tonight's not the night to look for the negative; it's time to celebrate the positives and celebrate the World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!!
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
marksashton
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook
My take:

Ben was off the whole game. Maybe it was the new super bowl balls or something but everything he threw was behind and the WR had to fight for. The early almost TD pass to Ward was about the best ball he threw all day, it would have taken an incredible catch to bring it down.

-Our D played typical, bend but don't break. Ike was getting worked over but he was 1 on 1 and did exactly as he should, he played to defend the deep ball. That interception he got wasn't on him, Hasselbeck's one mistake that really cost them.

-Alexander was a non-factor. Both teams did well against the run, Willie P. had 93 yards on only 10 carries but one was that great 75 breakaway.

-Coaching: I was upset that we didn't get Ben into a groove early but I guess they didn't want to put too much on him. He never did get in a groove. WHERE WAS HEATH? He wasn't in even in there for a lot of the game.

-Our special teams did well. Gardocki is the man, his kicks were booming. Seattles Josh Brown missed

Regarding Ben being "off", maybe it was the Seahawks defense. He didn't do squat. 2 INT's and less than 200 yards passing. He's over-rated.

Two field goal misses from Josh Brown hurt. They should have finished the first half up 10-0 and ended up trailing 7-3 b/c of crappy refs. Bad joo joo.

Seattle's special teams, as usual, kinda sucked.

Porter is bigger in mouth than performance. Seattle shut him up. If Stevens hadn't dropped easy passes, Seattle wins the game and has the last laugh. But ifs, when, butt's only get you so far.

Pittssburgh is hereby a fairly mediocre city with a better than mediocre football team.
marksashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:30 PM   #5
TexaSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 896

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksashton
Regarding Ben being "off", maybe it was the Seahawks defense. He didn't do squat. 2 INT's and less than 200 yards passing. He's ove - .
Seahawks D was the difference. He's not ove - , he came up huge on a couple runs and 3rd and 28.

Quote:

Two field goal misses from Josh Brown hurt. They should have finished the first half up 10-0 and ended up trailing 7-3 b/c of crappy refs. Bad joo joo.
If the Seahawks would stop making him kick from over 50 yards he would have a better chance of making it. It's not really a missed field goal, it's a defensive stop that Seattle tried to get lucky on.

Reversing bad calls still wouldn't have won the game.

Sucks that you got beat by "better than mediocre team". Does that make the Hawks mediocre?
TexaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:00 AM   #6
MagicHawk
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1797

Quote:
f the Seahawks would stop making him kick from over 50 yards he would have a better chance of making it. It's not really a missed field goal, it's a defensive stop that Seattle tried to get lucky on.

Reversing bad calls still wouldn't have won the game.

Sucks that you got beat by "better than mediocre team". Does that make the Hawks mediocre?
You know the truth but it doesn't matter now so why make a dig that is not needed?
Old 02-06-2006, 12:04 AM   #7
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Regarding Ben being "off", maybe it was the Seahawks defense. He didn't do squat. 2 INT's and less than 200 yards passing. He's over-rated.

Seattle's special teams, as usual, kinda sucked.

Porter is bigger in mouth than performance. Seattle shut him up. If Stevens hadn't dropped easy passes, Seattle wins the game and has the last laugh. But ifs, when, butt's only get you so far.

Pittssburgh is hereby a fairly mediocre city with a better than mediocre football team.
LOL!!!!!!!!!! talk about a sore loser. u can have my terrible towel to cry on friend. roethlisberger over-rated? did u watch the playoffs this year? so he had an off game....but guess what he got? a ring!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha
Old 02-06-2006, 12:24 AM   #8
BAC
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1379

Quote:
Wow, you can't spell Pittsburgh, but you're proud of "mediocre" so you used it twice. Talk all the trash you want after the game. The Steelers STILL win. Blame it on whoever/whatever you want, but at the end of the day, the Seahawks didn't get the job done. Why not go cry with the other 17 Seahawk fans. I don't care. Soooooooo, until this site turns into SeahawksFever.com , I'll kindly tell you where you can stick it.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:50 AM   #9
MagicHawk
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1797

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAC
Wow, you can't spell Pittsburgh, but you're proud of "mediocre" so you used it twice. Talk all the trash you want after the game. The Steelers STILL win. Blame it on whoever/whatever you want, but at the end of the day, the Seahawks didn't get the job done. Why not go cry with the other 17 Seahawk fans. I don't care. Soooooooo, until this site turns into SeahawksFever.com , I'll kindly tell you where you can stick it.
What a stand up individual I came here because I uphold my word but now I wonder if I should have carried through....
Old 02-06-2006, 12:52 AM   #10
northoftheborder
Water Boy

Member Number: 1858

The game was won with field position. Anyone notice the crappy Seahawks punting?
northoftheborder is offline   Reply With Quote