Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default More SB Ref analysis

I fully understand why Steeler fans are getting p*ssed off at having to defend a great SB run and victory - they prevailed over tough competition even poor refereeing in their previous games.

While the game is fresh, does any Steeler fan feel like refuting, point-by-point, the items in the following article?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5310192

I have to agree with quite a few of the points made - the offsides were blatant and the illegal block on Hasselbeck clueless.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
PhoenixBlackandGold
Water Boy

Member Number: 1280
Default Re: More SB Ref analysis

Funny, he didn't mention the fumble by Stevens that was ruled an incompletion. As to the offensive PI call on Jackson, the ref was trying to get his flag out and had trouble doing it. The replay from behind the play bore that out.

The two holding calls were both legit, according to OL Lincoln Kennedy on the NFL Network.

The TD by Big Ben was good as well. The ball is above the goal line before he gets hit. Forward progress is all you need, and before he was pushed back, his arm is directly over the goal line.
PhoenixBlackandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #3
PhoenixBlackandGold
Water Boy

Member Number: 1280

And I forgot to add that Roethlisberger was blocked in the back on the INT return, so instead of having the ball around the PIT 20, it would have been closer to mid-field. That wasn't called, and led directly to a Seattle TD.
PhoenixBlackandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixBlackandGold
And I forgot to add that Roethlisberger was blocked in the back on the INT return, so instead of having the ball around the PIT 20, it would have been closer to mid-field. That wasn't called, and led directly to a Seattle TD.
Nice effort Phoenix.

If you add in the bad calls against the Steelers this has to go down as the worst officiated SB ever.

It has been the same story all playoffs - the NFl needs to address these problems quickly.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #5
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Officiating has been bad all year for every team. They really need to address it during the offseason. I'm definitely for full time refs.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #6
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

Yup, it sure has. I see a big push this offseason for full time referres. Given this years playoff fiasco's, I think the NFL will have no choice but to comply. What cracked me up about that article is how he had to preface his comments about how he picked the Steelers to win....it's like he had to prove that he's "honestly" telling the truth from Seattle.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:46 PM   #7
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Nice effort Phoenix.

If you add in the bad calls against the Steelers this has to go down as the worst officiated SB ever.

It has been the same story all playoffs - the NFl needs to address these problems quickly.

NM
the patriots vs. raiders game was awesome officiating too!!
Old 02-06-2006, 02:52 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers
the patriots vs. raiders game was awesome officiating too!!
Hmmm this old chestnut - why dont you tell me what was wrong with the officiating in that game then?

I would go do some research on the validity of the 'tuck rule' before replying though - i'd hate for you to look uninformed.

NM
Old 02-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #9
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Bi tching and complaining makes for good fodder, but in the end.....the score stays the same!

Laughable!, It really is!