Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 07:31 PM   #21
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,052
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,578
Thanked 4,698 Times in 1,767 Posts
Default Re: 10% Unemployment is normal in SOCIALIST COUNTRIES....

I'm sorry I couldn't here you over the WAAAAAA.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:37 PM   #22
Leftoverhard
Team Captain
 
Leftoverhard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 808
Member Number: 9337
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 10% Unemployment is normal in SOCIALIST COUNTRIES....

Wondering where our friend Mach1 got this information, I googled it since no link was provided...

This "data" is 5 months old and comes solely from a message board. No links provided, just some good old fashioned, badly spelled magically produced data from some guy on some message board that allows racial slurs. Enough said.

Just in case anyone had the notion to blindly believe it...

http://www.arguewitheveryone.com/gen...countries.html
__________________
http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9337&dateline=1223313868
Leftoverhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:37 PM   #23
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,079
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 856
Thanked 3,516 Times in 1,528 Posts
Default Re: 10% Unemployment is normal in SOCIALIST COUNTRIES....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
And it was 7.6% in January 2009 when The Savior assumed his throne....
and it was also 7.6 % in 1981 when reagan took office... whats your point ?
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #24
SteelCityMom
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: 10% Unemployment is normal in SOCIALIST COUNTRIES....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverhard View Post
Wondering where our friend Mach1 got this information, I googled it since no link was provided...

This "data" is 5 months old and comes solely from a message board. No links provided, just some good old fashioned, badly spelled magically produced data from some guy on some message board that allows racial slurs. Enough said.

Just in case anyone had the notion to blindly believe it...

http://www.arguewitheveryone.com/gen...countries.html

That's hilarious. And I was just going to ask where he got this data from. Thank you for answering it for me...cause I'm sure he would have ignored it.

Yes, unemployment is a problem...no Obama isn't going to fix it, but saying that other "socialist" countries are doing worse than us is just a flat out lie. This problem was created long before Obama was ever elected.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #25
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,140
Member Number: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 10% Unemployment is normal in SOCIALIST COUNTRIES....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
That's hilarious. And I was just going to ask where he got this data from. Thank you for answering it for me...cause I'm sure he would have ignored it.

Yes, unemployment is a problem...no Obama isn't going to fix it, but saying that other "socialist" countries are doing worse than us is just a flat out lie. This problem was created long before Obama was ever elected.
I was more interested in seeing the numbers behind the data. I'm sure different countries use different methods to calculate their numbers, so there's no apples to apples comparison.

Our own rate is artificially low because we don't count people whose benefits expired. That's a bit of Enron accounting used to make incumbents look better, especially since the accounting trick has more effect on the numbers in a bad economy.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #26
Leftoverhard
Team Captain
 
Leftoverhard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 808
Member Number: 9337
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 10% Unemployment is normal in SOCIALIST COUNTRIES....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Our own rate is artificially low because we don't count people whose benefits expired. That's a bit of Enron accounting used to make incumbents look better, especially since the accounting trick has more effect on the numbers in a bad economy.
Another trick - counting each job. One person with 2 jobs plus one person with no jobs equals two people with two jobs, 0%.
__________________
http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9337&dateline=1223313868
Leftoverhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts