Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 02-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #1
dpoole29
Water Boy

Member Number: 1853
Default Congrats from Patriots Fan

Hi Everybody,

I know that I'm the enemy here, so I just want to say the following things:

1.) I thought your team played a hell of a game tonight. Defense wins championships, and your team was outstanding tonight. You forced the Seahawks into more 3 and outs than I thought was possible. Troy Polamalu and and James Farrior are fun players to watch.

2.) You deserve this game more than anybody. Your coach has been very maligned throughout the years, and if anybody deserves this game, it is he. You play the tough, physical brand of football that wins year after year, and much like my New England Patriots, this win could not happen to a more humble group of players. Enjoy your parade. You guys were fun to watch!!

3.) Steelers Fans:

It?s been a quarter century for you, and I know that in the best professional sport (NFL) that is quite a drought to endure. But, I?ve met a few of you along the way, and I can say the following:

a.) You unconditionally love your team, and that is very rare these days..(celtics anyone?)
b.) You are really nice people.
c.) After meeting most of you, you restore my faith in my patriotism, because you really love our country, and regardless of which team is on the field, you know that the men and women fighting overseas are sacrificing more than we could ever imagine.

God bless all of you, because I know that you deserve it.

You had a hell of a team this year, and you were so much fun to watch throughout the playoffs.

Regards,

Dan

PS - I?m looking forward to several future matchups between Brady and Roethlisberger.

Congrats Steelers! And thank you for a wonderful SB!!!
dpoole29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:41 PM   #2
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689
Default Re: Congrats from Patriots Fan

Thank you so much, dpoole! You're not our enemy. The Pittsburgh Steelers are Super Bowl XL Champions. Everyone is our friend tonight! Enjoy Steelers Fever!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #3
dpoole29
Water Boy

Hi SteelerzGirl,

You must be ecstatic at the moment! I think that fans here in Boston were a little spoiled for the last 3 out of 4 years, but I remember the wonderful feeling after all those superbowls. I'm actually really happy for your team, and I hope that you have a fantastic party, because it is so rare to win the SB, and you should absolutely take full advantage of this moment. I can only imagine the parties taking place in Pittsburgh right now!!!

Well, enjoy it all and go see your 5th Lomardi trohpy when it comes through town!!

Happy Times!

--Dan
Old 02-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #4
gostillerz
Water Boy

Member Number: 1299

So you weren't too upset with the "cheers" for Brady tonight?
gostillerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:22 PM   #5
dpoole29
Water Boy

I thought that it was strange for him to flip the coin before the game, but c'est la vie.

Honestly, our time was last year, and the other times that we won. If we deserved to be champs this year, we would have been playing. The best teams were in that game tonight and ultimately, the best team was the Pittsburgh Steelers. I mean come on, anybody who watched them play Cincy, Indy and Denver could tell you that. They were dominant....

I thought it was a relatively close (until 4th quarter), entertaining game, and I would root for a tough, 3-4. physical team like the Steelers any day as long as they are not playing my beloved Patriots. :-)

They have an exciting quarterback, and probably one of the best young defensive players in the league (Polamalu), and I don't think that they will play the Pats next year, so if they meet in the playoffs, it will be one of the best games to watch. Personally, I would rather watch the Patriots line up against the Steelers rather than the Colts any day of the week. The Steelers are just much more sound in every phase of the game than Peyton and his offensive circus.

--Dan
Old 02-06-2006, 12:15 AM   #6
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Thanks DP
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:20 AM   #7
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Thanks brother. Much appreciated. Good luck to your team next season. I'm sure you guys will be back in hunt.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:35 AM   #8
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

Tom Brady and Deion Branch must be happy, they are the only players on New England who can say they participated in 4 of the last 5 Super Bowls. And throw in my Congratulations with the topic too :)
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:19 AM   #9
DJfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1676

Cassy, gentlemen. It's funny because I really want to hate the Patriots, but no one on that team makes it easy to do. You don't have a Ray Lewis, or TO, etc.

We will see you next year in the playoffs.

http://www.socalsteelcitymafia.com
DJfan is offline   Reply With Quote