Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
SteelerEmpire
Living Legend

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,080 Posts
Default Toomer: Suspend Ben For 8 Games

Ben Roethlisberger is headed to New York today for a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. The NFL confirmed the meeting to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Now the attention turns to what discipline the league or the Steelers may impose on Roethlisberger. Though he wasn't charged with a crime in Georgia, Roethlisberger may have violated the league's personal-conduct policy.

The policy allows Goodell to discipline players even without being charged with or convicted of a crime.

Former NFL player Amani Toomer said he's watching closely and advocated a half-season suspension for Roethlisberger. He told ESPN Radio (via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review):

"I'm interested to see what's going to happen with Roger Goodell, because there's precedent in this situation with Pacman Jones. He never got convicted of anything, but he got arrested a lot of times. What is (Goodell) going to do?

"Ben Roethlisberger ... the NFL is running away from this like the plague. ... He should be suspended for at least eight games."
-----------------------

Ok.... The guy 'has' to be another Steeler hater....

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-eight-games/1

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
SteelersBry79
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16070
Default Re: Toomer: Suspend Ben For 8 Games

I liked him when he helped beat the Pats in the SB, but screw him now! 8 games......really? Toomer's full of
SteelersBry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
fat4jc
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3201

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post

Former NFL player Amani Toomer said he's watching closely and advocated a half-season suspension for Roethlisberger. He told ESPN Radio (via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review):

"I'm interested to see what's going to happen with Roger Goodell, because there's precedent in this situation with Pacman Jones. He never got convicted of anything, but he got arrested a lot of times. What is (Goodell) going to do?

When did Ben get arrested?
fat4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #4
Kaeg
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5784

I don't think he should call it a precedent when Pacman's been arrested and Ben has not.
Kaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:50 PM   #5
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

you think thats harsh read this :

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...ll_You/2413602

My general rule is that until someone is charged or exonerated, I don’t give my true feelings on what I believe happened in the case.

Since Ben Roethlisberger will not be charged with sexual assault, let me tell you what I have put together over the last two months as to what really happened in that bathroom.

The first thing you need to know is that Roethlisberger is an idiot. He simply isn’t a very bright individual. The reason he was even in this situation was because of his lack of common sense and judgment.

The second thing you need to know is that alcohol was heavily involved. The accuser was – for lack of a better term – “sloppy drunk.”
From what I can gather, the accuser was so drunk that her account of the incident is fuzzy at best. With that being said, I believe Roethlisberger did something. I cannot tell you the extent of what he did, but he did something that he shouldn’t have done. He did something that she didn’t want to do. How far did it go? Was it criminal? Hard to say, but he isn’t totally innocent in this. Considering his prior history it is a safe assumption that the reason he wasn’t charged had less to do with the police and D.A. believing him as opposed to they just didn’t have enough evidence to prove the case.

Roethlisberger gets off, but I think people shouldn’t ignore that he has a problem. What exactly is that problem? It can be that he is just a very dumb individual on the lower part of the scale, to him being a sexual predator on the higher part of the scale, or somewhere in the middle. The point is that he does have a problem that needs to be addressed and needs to be addressed immediately.

The accuser decided she didn’t want to help the investigation anymore. She hasn’t recanted her story, but says she doesn’t want to be hounded by the media any more.

In laymen’s terms:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I would imagine within the upcoming days, or weeks, news will trickle out about the “settlement” the accuser received for keeping her mouth shut.

Once again, by not helping police with the investigation and instead accepting a settlement, this will make it extremely difficult for true victims to come forward without fearing the public will brand them as gold diggers.

While I do believe Roethlisberger did something wrong, the accuser is totally innocent in this. She was underaged, drinking, and willingly went into a bathroom with a NFL Player. Even the D.A. admits that when first questioned, she said that Roethlisberger “did not rape her.”

Even later when she sobered up a bit she claimed Roethlisberger “kind of raped me.”

Sort of like being “kind of pregnant?”

What she really was saying was this:

“I was cool doing some of the stuff, but he wanted to do something I wasn’t cool with.”

Earlier in this article I spoke to how Roethlisberger had to be smarter. Let me speak to every woman in the world by saying you need to be smarter, too.

This isn’t a reality show. This isn’t the “Basketball Wives.” Watch your alcohol intake and realize that every athlete you meet isn’t a “nice guy.”

Now that the legal aspect of the case is over, the question becomes: what should happen to Roethlisberger in the Court of Roger Goodell and the NFL?

To be perfectly clear, the D.A. was very critical of the Roethlisberger and went out of his way not to say that the accuser was lying. He said several times they just didn’t have enough evidence. He never said that he thought Roethlisberger didn’t commit the crime.

To me, without a 100% exoneration, Roethlisberger needs to be suspended and suspended for a long period of time.

This is his second sexual assault accusation and the police admit the he was purchasing drinks for underaged women.

He has a third incident where he almost dies in a motorcycle accident because he was not wearing a helmet and having an expired license.

Roger Goodell has stressed that off the field incidents – regardless of charges – will be dealt with swiftly.

Remember, Pacman Jones has never spent a day in jail for anything he has been “accused” of and was suspended for an entire year.

Considering what Roethlisberger has been accused of, the information from the DA, and Goodell’s prior history, anything less than an eight-game suspension will be considered light in my opinion.

My personal thought is that no one should be suspended unless they are charged and convicted, but my personal opinion isn’t NFL policy and the history shows Roethlisberger needs to be dealt with harshly – or do we have to wait for a 3rd accusation?

In the end the case went the way I thought it would. Rape cases are incredibly hard to prove, especially when the person you are accusing is famous and waving his checkbook in your face to make it go away.

Now we will see if Roger Goodell puts his money where his mouth is.
pete74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #6
steeldawg
Starter

Member Number: 13605

8 games is ridiculous for violating the conduct policy. You cannot compare ben and pacman just read pacmans rap sheet.
steeldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #7
SteelGhost
Starter

Member Number: 13528

Someone already posted this Toomer's BS, ok,I will LOL again
SteelGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

"Brain Toomer" is an idiot. To compare Pacman who was ARRESTED to Ben who was not is idiotic. He probably is thinking this along racial lines. In his small brain - he's thinking Goodell punished a black man (pacman) so now he's gotta do the same for a white guy.

He's a retart for thinking this way.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #9
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

Toomer is just a uneducated Ghetto Boy! Pac man was arrested twice while in college, and suspended as well. He was arrested 6 other times BEFORE that Strip club Incident where a man was shot. And he was convicted as well on DUI Incidents. So Toomer doesn't know anything. All he is doing is playing the " Race " card. He is a Idiot. And shouldn't be taken serious at all.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #10
SteelersBry79
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16070

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
"Brain Toomer" is an idiot. To compare Pacman who was ARRESTED to Ben who was not is idiotic. He probably is thinking this along racial lines. In his small brain - he's thinking Goodell punished a black man (pacman) so now he's gotta do the same for a white guy.

He's a retart for thinking this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Toomer is just a uneducated Ghetto Boy! Pac man was arrested twice while in college, and suspended as well. He was arrested 6 other times BEFORE that Strip club Incident where a man was shot. And he was convicted as well on DUI Incidents. So Toomer doesn't know anything. All he is doing is playing the " Race " card. He is a Idiot. And shouldn't be taken serious at all.
Um.......that's basically the same exact thing in 2 posts.

SteelersBry79 is offline   Reply With Quote