Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #21
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750
Default Re: Army Officer Won't Accept Obama As Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
The difference Tony,

Is that this guy still shows up for work everyday. He has been changed over to Walter Reed medical center, but he stll shows up everyday to work. He is perfectly within his right, if he thinks an order is illegal, to reject it.

Its the same law that Nuremberg and Tokyo war crime trials were dependent on to convict many secondary actors in the wars. It is the same law the Calley was originally convicted on in My Lai.

While this doesn't even come close to rising to that level, the law ITSELF is right, and if this guy feels that the orders are illegal, he is BOUND to not follow them.

Such is the weird twists of law.
So if I soldier doesn't think that the president's birth certificate is real, even though it has been verified by the proper government agencies, he doesn't have to follow orders?
Old 04-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #22
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

For the 1,987,564th time, if the greatest political attack machine in the history of the United States (i.e. The Clinton's) could not make this dog hunt, no other lessor entity ever will.

Dead subject.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #23
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo View Post
The Medal of Honor winner was Roberts (the Commanding Officer) not Lt. Col. Lakin, the doctor who refused his orders

Oops! LOL. Guess tony was right about that reading comprehension thing
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #24
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,199 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo View Post
The Medal of Honor winner was Roberts (the Commanding Officer) not Lt. Col. Lakin, the doctor who refused his orders
Be that as it may, and I also think he's dead wrong, but he's not some butterbar lieutenant straight out of ROTC himself:

Quote:
Lakin has earned the distinction of taking care of many Admirals and Generals since working at the Pentagon, where he serves as Chief of Primary Care and Flight Surgeon for the DiLorenzo TRICARE Health Clinic and is the lead Flight Surgeon charged with caring for Army Chief of Staff General Casey's pilots and air crew.

LTC Lakin's numerous awards and decorations include the Army Flight Surgeon Badge, Combat Medical Badge, the Bronze Star Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal, the Army Commendation Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters, the Army Achievement Medal with two Oak Leaf Clusters, the National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Service Star, the Armed ForcesExpedition Medal, the Army Reserve Component Achievement Medal, the Army Service Ribbon, the Overseas Service Ribbon sixth award and the NATO service medal.

He has served previously in Honduras, Bosnia, Korea, and Afghanistan.
http://www.familysecuritymatters.org...pub_detail.asp

Can't understand why someone with that much service invested would throw it all away like that, especially over something this stupid.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,803 Times in 4,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Can't understand why someone with that much service invested would throw it all away like that, especially over something this stupid.
because he is being taken out of his cushie, air conditioned job of taking "care" of admirals and generals (meaning he sticks his finger [and figurative tongue] up their butts and writes prescriptions for colds), and being asked to go do some real work in a combat zone.

this guy is not a hero. but people will paint him out to be because of partisanship and simply opposing obama. its something they can relate with, while the true reward of saving an 18 year old soldiers life is something they cant.

on this board, he will be painted as a decorated viet nam war veteran, simply so some people can try to oppose my stance.

there is nothing noble or respectable about this guy. that is my take and i am sticking to it, and i sleep well knowing my stance has nothing to do with partisanship, or obama or politics.

it has to do with duty.

godfather already summed it up nicely, and i am almost 100% sure a fellow member on this board (who happens to be a surgeon) would agree as well.

(im not ranting at you fansince) - but if anyone wants to debate this any further please READ AND COMPREHEND the difference between larkin and his COMMANDER (which has already been pointed out about 4-5 times in this thread).
Old 04-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #26
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,199 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
because he is being taken out of his cushie, air conditioned job of taking "care" of admirals and generals (meaning he sticks his finger [and figurative tongue] up their butts and writes prescriptions for colds), and being asked to go do some real work in a combat zone.
Yeah, but he's already been stationed in Afghanistan and earned a Combat Medical Badge previously.

Having said that, I think his actions are unconscionable. Especially considering that a LTC with as many years of service as he obviously has knows the deal - you get called up, you GO. He's not some wet behind the ears idealistic lieutenant who went through ROTC to pay for college and is "conscientiously objecting" or something. This guy's been around.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #27
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

or something. This guy's been around.
apparently he hasn't been around enough to know the birth certificate thing is a dead issue...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #28
smokin3000gt

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i most certainly wasnt joking, and was dead sirius.

is that example of protesting obama a bit too real for a "right wing extremist"?

the dude is hiding his labia behind "politics". atleast he isnt taking his confusion and idiocy out on others. does that rephrasal make you feel warm and fuzzy inside with political correctness?
Anyone who knows me knows I'm not one for political correctness. As far as the right wing extremist thing, well if pelosi/reid said I am then I must be.

BTW I don't disagree. I think if he's enlisted then he needs to follow orders. I do think you're funny enough guy that you don't need to use 13 dead for a punchline.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 PM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,803 Times in 4,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
Anyone who knows me knows I'm not one for political correctness. As far as the right wing extremist thing, well if pelosi/reid said I am then I must be.

BTW I don't disagree. I think if he's enlisted then he needs to follow orders. I do think you're funny enough guy that you don't need to use 13 dead for a punchline.
well im sorry if you feel it was a "punchline" cause anyone who knows me can probably see that wasnt the intent.

more like a sad, sarcastic, non-partisan, commentary on society and to what lengths some of these extremist nutjobs will go to make a political or religious stand.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #30
hindes204
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 7614

This guy is an idiot...the more and more i read about this guy, the more i believe that he is doing this to get out of going over there again. I know some people have the argument of "hes been there before so that cant be the reason he is doing this." But, maybe its [B]because he has[B] been there before that makes him not want to go back. This birther movement is idiotic, and been proven wrong by a few sources. One was Bill Oreilly (who Im sure everyone here loves, lol)...the investigators on his show found the birth announcements in the Hawaii paper from the day he was born...thats good enough for me.

And someone earlier mentioned (too lazy to read back through) something about Bush not "winning" in Florida and what would of happened if a soldier refused his orders due to that...that did happen actually, and the soldiers were punished accordingly, just like this asshat will be