Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #31
Bng_Hevn
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14891
Default Re: Army Officer Won't Accept Obama As Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo View Post
Read the article again---his COMMANDING OFFICER won the Medal of Honor while serving in Viet Nam...not Lt. Col. Lakin, the doctor
Yeah, I guess I am guilty of skimming.

In that case, he is a cowardly soul who needs to wake up.

I remember during the Gulf War in 90/91 I heard many stories of people enlisting int he service to "get money for college", they didn't expect to have to go to war.

It really makes me sick. When I enlisted I didn't think of "going to war" but I certainly wasn't going to not do what was asked of me. You make a choice and go with it.

What rank is the LT Colonel in the Army? In the Marines it's o5 I think. How long has this fellow been in the Army?

Looks like he is using Obama not being born in US as an excuse.
Bng_Hevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #32
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,152 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bng_Hevn View Post
Yeah, I guess I am guilty of skimming.

In that case, he is a cowardly soul who needs to wake up.

I remember during the Gulf War in 90/91 I heard many stories of people enlisting int he service to "get money for college", they didn't expect to have to go to war.

It really makes me sick. When I enlisted I didn't think of "going to war" but I certainly wasn't going to not do what was asked of me. You make a choice and go with it.

What rank is the LT Colonel in the Army? In the Marines it's o5 I think. How long has this fellow been in the Army?

Looks like he is using Obama not being born in US as an excuse.
The officer rank structure is the same in the Army, Marines and Air Force.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #33
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Be that as it may, and I also think he's dead wrong, but he's not some butterbar lieutenant straight out of ROTC himself:

Lakin has earned the distinction of taking care of many Admirals and Generals since working at the Pentagon, where he serves as Chief of Primary Care and Flight Surgeon for the DiLorenzo TRICARE Health Clinic and is the lead Flight Surgeon charged with caring for Army Chief of Staff General Casey's pilots and air crew.

LTC Lakin's numerous awards and decorations include the Army Flight Surgeon Badge, Combat Medical Badge, the Bronze Star Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal, the Army Commendation Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters, the Army Achievement Medal with two Oak Leaf Clusters, the National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Service Star, the Armed ForcesExpedition Medal, the Army Reserve Component Achievement Medal, the Army Service Ribbon, the Overseas Service Ribbon sixth award and the NATO service medal.

He has served previously in Honduras, Bosnia, Korea, and Afghanistan.
http://www.familysecuritymatters.org...pub_detail.asp

Can't understand why someone with that much service invested would throw it all away like that, especially over something this stupid.
I have to agree. He just threw away a well-decorated career. If he wanted to protest based on a question of birth certificate, why not BEGIN protesting the day Obama was sworn-in? Instead he waits until his current orders change to deployment orders and THEN he protests? As somebody said, it looks like he's looking for an excuse to avoid having to go back to the Beach.

He'll never be a full-bird Colonel
Old 04-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #34
steelerohio
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14925

He should just retire or get discharged instead of spouting off... No real proof either way of his citizenship (questions do remain in my mind) but he got elected by the majority and, unless a real proof comes to light saying he is not a Constitutional President, then he is the main guy.
(And I hope not, I don't want Biden to be President.)
steelerohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #35
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused

although i disagree with this officer exponentially, and think he is NOW a douchebag....to get the CBM (combat medical badge) and especially the bronze star means at one time he served with honor, courage, and distinction. they don't just hand out the bronze star, even to officers, methinks that he is now not so honorable.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #36
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgle burgle View Post
although i disagree with this officer exponentially, and think he is NOW a douchebag....to get the CBM (combat medical badge) and especially the bronze star means at one time he served with honor, courage, and distinction. they don't just hand out the bronze star, even to officers, methinks that he is now not so honorable.
yes