Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-14-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
SS43Polamalu
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15886
Default Big Ben trade RUMORS to the Rams.

So i heard a rumor that the Rams offered us this years first overall pick and next years first rounder for Big Ben, i HIGHLY doubt they are true but thought i would put it on here for you all.

"Other rumors circulating on the Internet, according to Fedko, is that the St. Louis Rams offered the Steelers this year's first overall draft pick and a No. 1 pick next year for Roethlisberger."

Site: http://www.wpxi.com/sports/23136434/detail.html

Just saw they are now talking about it on profootballtalk, they don't believe it either but heres the link.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...medium=twitter
Old 04-14-2010, 04:20 AM   #2
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: Big Ben trade RUMORS to the Rams.

i doubt its true but if it was i would do it in a second. i would hope they lost all the games this season so we can select QB jake locker in next years draft. this year i would trade the #1 pick and move back plus picking up an extra 2nd ad 3rd
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i doubt its true but if it was i would do it in a second. i would hope they lost all the games this season so we can select QB jake locker in next years draft. this year i would trade the #1 pick and move back plus picking up an extra 2nd ad 3rd
I LOVE me some Jake Locker next year...but I rather have a proven SB winning QB in Roethlisburger.....but if we go this route we would sabotage our season!!!! We would make ourselves have a crappy record and we won't be winning a SB this upcoming season...it would also put our franchise in the wrong direction because we would have to develop a young QB in Locker again!!!!
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
wdsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15938

Cant fine the link again but herd same thing and also that Mike Tomlin REALY likes Dixon..Now i dont want the trade but two 1st rounds would be nice..this year we could trade down 1 or 2 times and get 2 more round 2 picks.. plus get Bulaga or Trent around pick 9...would improve the line plus reload the D
dont forget i said dont want the trade..lol
wdsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
wdsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15938

pick 1 trade Miami pick 12...they would love to get Suh...that gives us 1 of the top 3 LT's and Earl Thomas or Joe Haden at 12..
then 18 we can get Pouncey
wdsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325

The rumors are false according to this article....http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=171325&spln=1

"SI.com's Peter King and ESPN's Adam Schefter both shot down rumors Tuesday night of a potential Ben Roethlisberger trade.
Internet rumors were flying in earlier in the day that had the Rams sending the No. 1 overall pick and next year's first-rounder for Roethlisberger. To which King responded on Twitter, "This nonsense must stop. Ben's a Steeler." Schefter said there's a better chance of him going to the Rams than Big Ben. Though local feelings have changed toward Roethlisberger, it's hard to picture him getting dealt. Apr. 13 - 8:42 pm et
Source: Peter King on Twitter"
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216

too bad its only a rumor.
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #8
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312

I say BS as usual. But IF something like this was true I'd want MORE than that. Hell Cutler got 2 firsts a 3rd and i think a 6th (not sure about the 6th). I'd want at least 2 firsts...a 2nd this yr...3rd next...plus a good player (Carriker, Laurinaitis, etc)! Yes 2 firsts is nice...but Ben is waaaay more valuable than Cutler is (or probably ever will be).
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

This is all the bad of the internet rolled up into a perfect package. A shitty unreliable rumor site that's wrong 90% of the time being believed as real by vulnerable and naive fans, and, WORSE YET, actually thinking that this trade, which would be one of the worst EVER in the history of the NFL, were actually true. It's folly compounded by vulnerability with a twist of ignorance, wrapped up in sheer lack of understanding of the art of football.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
SteelerFanInStl
Team Captain

Member Number: 2162

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
This is all the bad of the internet rolled up into a perfect package. A shitty unreliable rumor site that's wrong 90% of the time being believed as real by vulnerable and naive fans, and, WORSE YET, actually thinking that this trade, which would be one of the worst EVER in the history of the NFL, were actually true. It's folly compounded by vulnerability with a twist of ignorance, wrapped up in sheer lack of understanding of the art of football.
Well said rev.
SteelerFanInStl is offline   Reply With Quote