Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Fans, not players, talk about Ben Roethlisberger

Fans, not players, talk about Ben Roethlisberger
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...nt_676376.html
By Michael Aubele
VALLEY NEWS DISPATCH
Wednesday, April 14, 2010

At a benefit basketball game in Plum on Tuesday night, Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall agreed to talk about basketball but refused to comment about the controversy surrounding his quarterback.

"No, (I'm) not gonna get into that," Mendenhall said when asked if he would discuss the legal troubles that have hounded Ben Roethlisberger or the affect those issues are having on the team.

He also declined to comment on Santonio Holmes' trade this week.

Mendenhall participated with the Steelers pick-up team that played teachers from the Plum School District at Plum Senior High School.

Steelers fans at the game had plenty to say, though.

"I wouldn't mind seeing him get traded," Plum resident Rich Rossi, 43, said of Roethlisberger. "The team hasn't put up with guys like him before and shouldn't start now. This has been a class-act organization."

Rossi's son, Richie, 13, said of the team's decision to trade Holmes, "I thought it was a stupid decision, but he deserved it."

Nicole Kennedy, 11, of Plum, said of Roethlisberger, "I like him as a player, but not as a person."

"He's been disappointing, very disappointing," Nicole's mother, Susan, said of Roethlisberger. "There have been just too many incidents. I'm done with it. Let him go. Let's start fresh with someone else. This is a team that prides itself on having good role models."

Michael Aubele can be reached at maubele@tribweb.com or 724-226-4673.

(Question: For those of you in Pittsburgh how common are the above sentiments about Big Ben? What has been the reaction of the folks who call the talk shows? - mesa)
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222
Default Re: Fans, not players, talk about Ben Roethlisberger

Interesting.
I went to that high school
Old 04-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
Men of Steel
Team Captain

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused

wow... lots of fans want him outta pittsburgh?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
steeldawg
Starter

Member Number: 13605

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKid212 View Post
wow... lots of fans want him outta pittsburgh?
No they are only posting interviews from people wanting him out.
steeldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

I'm kind of leaning towards letting Ben go as well.

Let's face it. The guy has constantly proven to show a complete lack of mental restraint in the offseason. Even if he hasn't been convicted of anything, he constantly puts himself in situations that embarrass the league and this organization. If he didn't get it in 2006, he'll never get it.

You're a franchise QB. You're supposed to be the leader of this team. You're supposed to set an example. Ben did none of that, and I'm even more pissed at him with his "I want to be a role model for kids" line. Banging women and getting them sent to the hospital sure is role-model worthy, Ben. We just let Holmes go for being a dumbass. Don't be surprised if something big happens on draft day regarding number 7. The Rooneys know what is going on behind the scenes, and if they're not happy, this is probably going worse than we thought.

This isn't about what you did in the past, Ben. This is about the future of this team and organiazation. And right now, your future looks mighty bleak.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #6
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

And Ben is no role model. Never was!
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
No they are only posting interviews from people wanting him out.

Actually, from what I heard on Mike and Mike this morning, the general consenus is that folks up there are pretty "disgusted" with Ben right now. M&M was referring to the host of the local talk show at the local ESPN affiliate in Pittsburgh (Savran, is it? Correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #8
tube517
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1868

I wish the draft would get here. It will give us something else to focus on. I think I'm done talking about Ben and Santonio
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:42 AM   #9
steeldawg
Starter

Member Number: 13605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
I'm kind of leaning towards letting Ben go as well.

Let's face it. The guy has constantly proven to show a complete lack of mental restraint in the offseason. Even if he hasn't been convicted of anything, he constantly puts himself in situations that embarrass the league and this organization. If he didn't get it in 2006, he'll never get it.

You're a franchise QB. You're supposed to be the leader of this team. You're supposed to set an example. Ben did none of that, and I'm even more pissed at him with his "I want to be a role model for kids" line. Banging women and getting them sent to the hospital sure is role-model worthy, Ben. We just let Holmes go for being a dumbass. Don't be surprised if something big happens on draft day regarding number 7. The Rooneys know what is going on behind the scenes, and if they're not happy, this is probably going worse than we thought.

This isn't about what you did in the past, Ben. This is about the future of this team and organiazation. And right now, your future looks mighty bleak.
Ben did act like a franchise qb he won 2 sb's thats what his job is. Let me guess you recommend we draft Tebow. Holmes was let go because it made sense with his contract ending and he was facing a 4 game suspension and there was no way we were going to pay him the money he was gonna want. I could care less if he bangs women if you think any of the players in the league are not having sex you are kidding yourself. The rooneys might be mad but they're not stupid no way in hell ben is traded.
steeldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #10
SteelGhost
Starter

Member Number: 13528

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
Ben did act like a franchise qb he won 2 sb's thats what his job is. Let me guess you recommend we draft Tebow. Holmes was let go because it made sense with his contract ending and he was facing a 4 game suspension and there was no way we were going to pay him the money he was gonna want. I could care less if he bangs women if you think any of the players in the league are not having sex you are kidding yourself. The rooneys might be mad but they're not stupid no way in hell ben is traded.
^^THIS.

The Rooneys must be mad at BB because he was caught but I don't think they'll trade him
SteelGhost is offline   Reply With Quote