Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Angry Where's the outrage???

While I was reading the article about Patrick Kerney retiring, I noticed this little nugget on the side of the page. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen Florio get up on his pulpit and demand that the Seahawks clean up their team and cut , trade or suspend him........ and nobody is calling this guy a turd and and wife beater and the team classless and scummy. There's not 100 posts about him like there was about James Harrison and Santonio, not to mention the drawing and quartering that Ben just suffered on PFT. I guess only the Steelers are supposed to be choirboys.

I hate hypocrisy.

Seahawks LB Hill arrested for investigation of domestic violence
Associated Press

SEATTLE -- Seattle Seahawks starting linebacker Leroy Hill was arrested for investigation of domestic violence in the Seattle suburb of Issaquah over the weekend, just days after reaching a plea deal on a marijuana charge in Georgia.

Hill was arrested by Issaquah police and booked into that city's jail early Sunday for investigation of assault in the fourth degree/domestic violence.

According to a release from Issaquah police, officers responded to a complaint of a domestic dispute late Saturday night at the Hill residence. Officers determined there had been a dispute between Hill and his girlfriend.

Police said Hill's girlfriend had obvious marks and injuries indicating an assault had occurred, and she alleged Hill had caused these injuries.

He was taken into custody without incident. Hill posted bail and was released. Seattle starts a voluntary three-day minicamp on Tuesday.

"While we are still in the process of gathering information, we are aware of the situation involving Leroy Hill and take these issues very seriously," Seahawks GM John Schneider said in a statement late Monday afternoon. "We will wait to receive all the facts before commenting further."

Hill's latest run-in with the law came less than two weeks after he dealt with a marijuana charge in Georgia. On April 1, Hill received 12 months of probation in Georgia after pleading guilty to a charge of marijuana possession stemming from a January 2009 traffic stop in suburban Atlanta.

As part of his plea in Georgia, Hill agreed to complete an outpatient drug and alcohol abuse counseling program and 30 hours of community service.

Hill, who has started 61 of his 67 career games for Seattle, must also pay fines in Georgia totaling $500. He is subject to random drug testing. If he completes all the requirements in 12 months, he can petition the court to have the conviction erased from his record under the jurisdiction's conditional discharge program.

The 27-year-old Hill could be subject to testing and possible discipline in the NFL's confidential substance abuse program.

The Douglas County sheriff's office said last year that Hill had apparently fallen asleep behind the wheel at a major intersection early on a Saturday morning. Officers found less than one ounce of marijuana in the vehicle. Hill was released after posting a $1,500 bond.

Two days after the incident, Hill said he was embarrassed by "the poor judgment I showed."

The Seahawks then placed their franchise tag for 2009 on Hill to keep him from leaving for free agency. He refused to sign an $8.3 million tender offer but eventually signed a six-year contract worth a guaranteed $15.5 million. The deal could potentially be worth $38 million.

Hill's agent, Todd France, said last year that Seattle placing the franchise tag on Hill showed the marijuana incident was behind the Seahawks as of February 2009, and that his client remains a valued member of the team that drafted him in the third round out of Clemson in 2005.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774
Default Re: Where's the outrage???

I guess it's cause were one of the big teams and we'll get that bad news taken against us.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
stillers4me
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
I guess it's cause were one of the big teams and we'll get that bad news taken against us.
We can't even win a freaking superbowl without everybody accusing us of cheating and paying off the refs.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
Old 04-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Quote:
We can't even win a freaking superbowl without everybody accusing us of cheating and paying off the refs.
People are always going to say things, it's just the way people are.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
stillers4me
Living Legend

Quote:
People are always going to say things, it's just the way people are.
I didn't hear anything like this about the Saints or the Colts or the Giants. We all know that the Pats* are cheaters so that doesn't count.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

O I'm pretty sure things were said... there was a conspiracy theory that Peyton threw the game away with that interception for more money.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
O I'm pretty sure things were said... there was a conspiracy theory that Peyton threw the game away with that interception for more money.
Someone also told me that Peyton threw the game away because his dad asked him to, that way the Saints fans can see their team win a Super Bowl and help lift the spirits of those displaced by Hurricane Katrina.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
I didn't hear anything like this about the Saints or the Colts or the Giants. We all know that the Pats* are cheaters so that doesn't count.
And they weren't accused of that until 3 years after they "won*" their last one. We've heard it nonstop since SB XL and SB XLIII ended.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #9
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Nobody cares about the Seahawks. Bad stories about the Steelers and their players get's PFT more hits because so many people hate the Steelers. You make a good point, but that's just the way it is.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:19 PM   #10
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

Actually, I heard all about the Hill thing when it happened. It was all over ESPN. And a national story was wrote that said the Seahawks have banned Hill from their facility. So I don't get the point of this thread.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote