Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #11
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: i am convinced

Wait a minute here............Skip Bayless is this you?
Old 02-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #12
SteelersGirlTN7
Starter

Member Number: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
You know what.. who gives a flying rat's arse!! I will NOT allow anyone to tell me this game was won becuz the officials suck.

Did the officials do the reverse to Randle El for the TD to ward? NO
Did the officials let Willie run 75 yds for a TD ? No ?
Did the officials have the 3 sacks ? No

on and on and on... screw it, we won, its over.
EXACTLY ..

Also...

the REFS did not make Seattle manage the clock poorly at the end of the 1st half

the REFS did not make Matt Hasselbeck overthrow balls

the REFS did not make Jerramy Stevens drop so many balls

the REFS did not make the kicker MISS 2 field goals

Seattle had a million opportunities and just couldnt capitalize .. .

Im sick of hearing all this talk on ESPN about how Seattle was robbed ... that this win was tainted...... and that this game was forgettable b/c it was so awful.
SteelersGirlTN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:54 AM   #13
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltown
no, not even close to a seachicken fan!!!!!!!!! that is funny, thinking i am not a true steeler fan. yes i joined today, because i am just astonished at what transpired yesterday, good and bad. i usually dont read forums, just newspapers and espn. thats where i go to hear all the b.s., but wanted to hear the "expert and true" fans here.

any objective fan will admit that the calls played a role in the outcome. the holding penalty down to the 1 yard line, we would of been losing a play later in the 4th quarter. wow, that close to losing it all!

and yes i agree, we went through a lot in the playoffs, but people keep telling me about the cincy qb getting hurt and not having to play the patriots! do we go into new england and win? not sure and glad we dont have to find out!
You ain't a STEELER fan that's for sure, it's a crime for you to even portray yourself in that light. You will find in this forum "objective and true" fans! There is no such thing as a expert fan,are you really that as$ine?? What this forum has is people that will respect someone with the balls to come in here flying their teams colors.What we don't put up with is wannabe "steeler fans " who come in here and spout the that you are trying to pass off as an objective opinion. Get off our BUS, go find another bandwagon to jump on!

Any call in the game can have an effect on the game. Many times the refs call out a wrong number of a player on a penalty, could they have just called out the wrong number?? Why not call the block in the back on Ben during the return?? Were they afraid of another "Immaculate Tackle"?
Old 02-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #14
steeltown
Water Boy

Member Number: 1872

uh, ben got pasted on that return after that flutterball he threw! probably was the logo on the balls fault.

yeah, you know me, my burgh blood. it hurts to have objective fans post. maybe i should just post all the info. a majority want to hear??? would that calm all the blood pressure down here??? sheesh.
steeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:14 AM   #15
Princess Alexandreia
Water Boy

Member Number: 1761

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityPride
well, what calls are you talking about? I mean the few most obvious calls I am thinking of would be offensive pass intereference, the ben TD and the hold on the kickoff return.

The offensive pass intereference call, however ticky-tacky it was was just that, a push off, it gave the receiver leverage to make the play, had he not pushed off he probably still would have made the play but, then why did he push, as for the official calling it, when you watched the play develop right in front of you and you see the receiver's arms stretched out pushing the defender and then see the seperation, most officials I believe would make the same call. Although, I agree in hind sight it was ticky tacky, but still, you have to realize these officials are wathing the game at game speed in the heat of the moment.

The Ben TD I think was a good call. I think the ball crossed the plain while ben was in the air.

The holding on the return, was my biggest skeptical call I guess.

They hurt themselves with a lot of legitamate holding penalties, where the lineman were grabbing the defenders around the throats. I think there were quite a few plays where I saw blatant holds that didnt get called, that could have benefitted us also. I mean, people are making a huge deal about the officials, I understand where they are coming from, but you gotta step in the officials shoes for a minute also...
You guys are just so unbelieveable. What calls? DUH! The bad call that called Seattle for PI and took away their TD and the call which gave the STEELERS a TD they didn`t get LITTLE BEN was well down before the ball went across. I guess the bank robber just won`t say I know who did it.
Princess Alexandreia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:22 AM   #16
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Alexandreia
You guys are just so unbelieveable. What calls? DUH! The bad call that called Seattle for PI and took away their TD and the call which gave the STEELERS a TD they didn`t get LITTLE BEN was well down before the ball went across. I guess the bank robber just won`t say I know who did it.
WAAH! WAAH! WAAH! Go have a Latte.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:24 AM   #17
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Quote:
I'm glad we have knowledable women that post in this forum! whether you like it or not that was PI ,maybe ticky tacky but still pass interference. Open your eyes ,and mind, and look at the pictures the ball broke the plane of the goal which is located in the endzone, TOUCHDOWN!! Come back when you know the rules!
Old 02-06-2006, 11:24 AM   #18
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,340 Times in 2,904 Posts

Quote:
Seahawks were jobbed on several calls, but so were the Steelers in the Indy game.

Steelers overcame it, the Seahawks did not, which has everything to do with the Seahawks playing well below their potential. You cannot blame it all on the refs.

Deal with it.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #19
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
Seahawks were jobbed on several calls, but so were the Steelers in the Indy game.

Steelers overcame it, the Seahawks did not, which has everything to do with the Seahawks playing well below their potential. You cannot blame it all on the refs.

Deal with it.
Very well stated!!
Old 02-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #20
SuperMan313
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan

Deal with it.
Well wrote, and right to the point.