Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-15-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
JSH6487
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16095
Default Would anyone else really consider...

being done as a Steeler fan if they trade Roethlisberger? I've grown to be such a Big Ben fan over the past 6 years that if the Steelers trade Ben just because of the ACCUSATIONS against him where he hasn't even been charged criminally, that I would seriously consider calling it quits on the Steelers.

The backlash towards this guy by some of you so called fans makes me sick. Do we forget what this guy has done for the city and team? I mean 2 frigging SB's and you want to turn your back on him because of a couple personal issues? Not one of you that are calling for Ben's head would give up those 2 SB's to have a QB with a squeaky clean rap sheet and not win anything. We damn sure do not win those SB's with another QB (one that would be a realistic option for the Steelers) and I am confident in saying that.

The guy is not a teacher, politician, etc....he's a damn football player, one of the best in the league. I don't watch football every Sunday because the players have great values...hell there wouldn't even be a league if that was the reason people watched. In no way were Ben's actions acceptable, but do we really want to become a sub par team because of it and get rid of the guy? Because that's what we would become and I am not willing to be a part of that if the Steelers trade the guy based only on these personal issues. I will boycott the Steelers and jump on the bandwagon of whatever team Ben is traded too...and this is coming from a long time Steeler fan well before Ben was in the picture. I will not support this team with Dennis Dixon as the QB and have another possible 25 year drought of a title waiting for the next franchise QB.

Sorry had to have a little rant...anyone out there share the same thoughts as me?
JSH6487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #2
Gnutella
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 1,664 Times in 616 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy
Default Re: Would anyone else really consider...

No. I won't quit on the team the way other fans have quit on a player.
Gnutella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,140 Times in 3,470 Posts

no.

dallas and the giants can be proud of their crackhead HOF'ers such as LT or m. irvin, but for some reason the steelerfans just dont roll like that.

steelers could be like the rams or lions and i would still be just as die hard.

its all about that black and gold, baby.

"steelers born and steelers bred, and when i die, im steelers dead."
Old 04-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #4
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

JSH, if you're not 100% committed right now to the team (NOT A PLAYER) then turn in your card, and don't let the door hit you. We don't do fair weather fans like other teams do. Buh-bye!
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:47 AM   #5
JSH6487
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post
JSH, if you're not 100% committed right now to the team (NOT A PLAYER) then turn in your card, and don't let the door hit you. We don't do fair weather fans like other teams do. Buh-bye!
Of course this is the typical response I knew that I'd get. But after everything Ben has done for this team, you wouldn't be offended as a fan if he was let go solely because of these incidents where he has not been charged criminally? I think the Rooney's need to get off their high horse and realize that in this day in age the Steeler organization isn't going to be able to field a team filled with choir boys if they want to win. I would just take this as an ultimate slap in the face as a fan of both the Steelers and Ben that the Rooney's only care about the reputation of their name and that's it. The Holmes trade was bad enough...but if Ben goes...that is where I draw the line.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:53 AM   #6
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

I don't root for the steelers because of the players, I root for them because of the team

I like ben, but if he leaves I won't cry a single tear
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:19 AM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH6487 View Post
Of course this is the typical response I knew that I'd get. But after everything Ben has done for this team, you wouldn't be offended as a fan if he was let go solely because of these incidents where he has not been charged criminally? I think the Rooney's need to get off their high horse and realize that in this day in age the Steeler organization isn't going to be able to field a team filled with choir boys if they want to win. I would just take this as an ultimate slap in the face as a fan of both the Steelers and Ben that the Rooney's only care about the reputation of their name and that's it. The Holmes trade was bad enough...but if Ben goes...that is where I draw the line.

I love how people are reducing these charges to the level of peeing on the sidewalk.

TWICE HE HAS BEEN ACCUSED OF BEING A FREAKEN SEXUAL PREDATOR.

But the ROONEY's need to get off their high-horse.

Ok. Sure, right.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:36 AM   #8
JSH6487
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I love how people are reducing these charges to the level of peeing on the sidewalk.

TWICE HE HAS BEEN ACCUSED OF BEING A FREAKEN SEXUAL PREDATOR.

But the ROONEY's need to get off their high-horse.

Ok. Sure, right.
Again, key word ACCUSED. The first chick has already been proven to be full of it...going around bragging, saying she hoped Ben impregnated her. And now this next chick was piss drunk, who knows what really happened. The only thing we do know is Ben is a pervert, that's about it. But hey let's get rid of our franchise QB that led us to 2 SB's and begin the second coming of the Kordell Stewart era with Dennis Dixon because Ben is a perv and hasn't been charged with any crime. Sure, right.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:10 AM   #9
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH6487 View Post
Again, key word ACCUSED.
Yep. Accused. And what he is accused of, is much much worse that what people are making it out to be.
Quote:
The first chick has already been proven to be full of it...going around bragging, saying she hoped Ben impregnated her
May I suggest you educate yourself about Rape Trauma. http://www.womensweb.ca/violence/rape/trauma.php Sounds quite like denial does it not?

Quote:
And now this next chick was piss drunk,
Which is reason number 1 to walk away from her. In some places, that ALONE constitutes rape- England is actually considering that as a federal law. There are a few states that are as well.

Quote:
who knows what really happened. The only thing we do know is Ben is a pervert, that's about it.
Nope. We know that he puts himself in horrible situations that hurt him and the reputation of the team. If it was all consensual, then I wouldn't even call him a pervert.
Quote:
But hey let's get rid of our franchise QB that led us to 2 SB's and begin the second coming of the Kordell Stewart era with Dennis Dixon because Ben is a perv and hasn't been charged with any crime. Sure, right.
Never said to get rid of him. Only that I am tired of people treating the accusations like they are the equivalent of peeing on the sidewalk.

Now, tell me this. If it was Ray Lewis that was accused twice and a third act was investigated by a PI, would you be saying the same thing?
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:43 AM   #10
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,315 Times in 1,411 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I would not quit pulling for the Steelers I have pulled for them for as long as I can remember. Just because they get rid of a quarterback is not going to change the way I fell about the team.