Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 02-06-2006, 10:58 AM   #1
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367
Default Those who taped the game

Can you get a copy of the holding penalty when Stephans was tackled at the one? I really don't remember it being a bad call but all my Seattle friends are being morons about it.....I'd love to get a clip of that, Ben's touchdown, and the penalty on Hasslebeck after the interception. The best excuse I heard this morning was the "no call" on Porter horse collar tackle!!! LOL
Old 02-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #2
SuperMan313
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 820
Default Re: Those who taped the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedf
Can you get a copy of the holding penalty when Stephans was tackled at the one? I really don't remember it being a bad call but all my Seattle friends are being morons about it.....I'd love to get a clip of that, Ben's touchdown, and the penalty on Hasslebeck after the interception. The best excuse I heard this morning was the "no call" on Porter horse collar tackle!!! LOL
I have a good 8 hours of taped footage from the Pre-game, Game, and post-game show I'll take a look later tonight.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #3
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Thanks SuperMan.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
Steelersfan2207
Water Boy

Member Number: 1205

Anyone who has a tape could someone please send it to me. I could not record the game without it going out of HD T.V. so I didn't tape it. If anyone would be willing to give me there copy I would put the game on dvd for you and send back your original tape with a copy of it on dvd. I have one of those VHS to DVD Recorders and could make you a copy on dvd and send you back your original tape. I would also be willing to pay for it if it is the whole 8 hours. Anyone interested please Private Message Me. Thanks and I am hoping to hear from someone. GO STEELERS !
Steelersfan2207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #5
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Kinda confused Steelers fan, if your going to be using a VHS to tape to DVD, wouldn't recording it "nonHD" have been the same thing?
Old 02-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #6
pats1
Water Boy

Member Number: 1893

This is up on my site, which will probably exceed its bandwith limit shortly. If you can save it and upload it somewhere else (too big for imageshack) that would be good.

If you watch the play from the regular angle, you'll see that Locklear's right hand never got higher than the upper-left chest of Haggans, while his left arm struggled around on Haggan's back when he was trying to turn the corner.

No hooking. No encircling.

I personally don't think it was holding. Questionable - certainly.

But then again, I'm a Patriots fan.

I'm also a bit mad about this textbook, yet completely ignored illegal horse-collar tackle and "point of emphasis" on Porter:

(it occured right after Hampton's sack, where Haggans may have been offsides. Very close there. So two plays after the holding call on Locklear.)

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/columns...len&id=2067728

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The so-called "horse-collar" tackle, which came under heavy scrutiny from the NFL's powerful competition committee after Dallas Cowboys safety Roy Williams injured four players with the maneuver in 2004, was banned by the league on Tuesday.

Owners voted 27-5 to enact sanctions against the tackle. The dissenting votes were cast by Dallas, San Francisco, Detroit, New England and New Orleans. Players who use the horse-collar tackle will now be penalized 15 yards, and could be fined, as well.

"I really hate the fact that the rule is kind of being named for one player," said Atlanta Falcons team president Rich McKay, co-chairman of the competition committee. "Roy Williams is a good player and, according to the rules that existed (in 2004), he didn't do anything that was illegal. We try not to punish one player, but rather to address the future of that kind of tackle. And, as a committee, we were nervous about it."

Last edited by pats1; 02-06-2006 at 04:10 PM.
pats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:11 PM   #7
ColoradoSteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1660

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats1
This is up on my site, which will probably exceed its bandwith limit shortly. If you can save it and upload it somewhere else (too big for imageshack) that would be good.

If you watch the play from the regular angle, you'll see that Locklear's right hand never got higher than the upper-left chest of Haggans, while his left arm struggled around on Haggan's back when he was trying to turn the corner.

No hooking. No encircling.

I personally don't think it was holding. Questionable - certainly.
Haggans is by him and Locklear is still hooking him with his right arm. That is holding. You can even see Haggans shoulder pull back suddenly toward the end of his pursuit. Sorry....holding.

Now...could you get me video of Roethlisberger getting completely blocked in the back. I was taught that when the defenders hands are all over the players back that this is, in fact, blocking in the back. Find me a few pics of that!
ColoradoSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #8
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

I recorded the game on my TIVO. The slow motion feature in TIVO slows down the game quite a bit. You can actually see Locklear's right hand on top of Haggans shoulder holding him down. It was a hold.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:49 PM   #9
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Thumbs up Re: Those who taped the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan2207
Anyone who has a tape could someone please send it to me. I could not record the game without it going out of HD T.V. so I didn't tape it. If anyone would be willing to give me there copy I would put the game on dvd for you and send back your original tape with a copy of it on dvd. I have one of those VHS to DVD Recorders and could make you a copy on dvd and send you back your original tape. I would also be willing to pay for it if it is the whole 8 hours. Anyone interested please Private Message Me. Thanks and I am hoping to hear from someone. GO STEELERS !

Same for me. I would love to have a copy of it.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote