Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 7,976
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Steelers players: We won't change approach

Steelers players: We won't change approach
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...nt_676745.html
By John Harris and John Grupp
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, April 16, 2010

Steelers linebacker and defensive co-captain James Farrior doesn't want to consider the prospect of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger missing games due to a possible suspension. But Farrior said Thursday that Roethlisberger's teammates are confident they can carry on without him.

"We've always had the approach that one person's not going to make or break the team. That's been the Rooney's philosophy since they're had the team,'' said Farrior, who has started 124 of 128 games with the Steelers since 2002.

"Him (maybe) having to miss some games, we've been in those situations before, and we've always been able to treat it like when somebody's hurt and can't play. Everybody just had to do a little bit more, do a little bit better.''

Farrior and wide receiver Hines Ward, an offensive co-captain, are two of the senior members on the team. Ward said the Steelers have high expectations every season.

"It's not going to change the way we approach things,'' said Ward, the franchise leader in receptions, receiving yards and touchdown receptions. "It's not going to change the expectation level.''

Farrior said he exchanged texts with Roethlisberger in a display of support and encouragement.

"From the get-go, I wanted to let him know we're there for him, and we had his back,'' said Farrior, who plans to speak with Roethlisberger next week during the team's first voluntary practices of the offseason.

Added Ward: "We're a close-knit family. We are going to rally behind each other and support each other.''

Farrior, who considers himself more of a friend than a teammate, said Roethlisberger has to use better judgment away from football.

"I know it's a situation that Ben didn't want to happen. Him being quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers, more eyes are watching him,'' Farrior said. "I'm sure he understands that, but he's got to stop putting himself in these situations and doing stuff like that.''
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
LukesDad88
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 394
Member Number: 12562
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers players: We won't change approach

LukesDad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
Gnutella
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,483
Member Number: 13861
Thanks: 1,079
Thanked 1,655 Times in 614 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy
Default Re: Steelers players: We won't change approach

First, Eli Manning, and now James Farrior...there appears to be a slow trickle of support building for Roethlisberger now that the tsunami of anger has subsided.
Gnutella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:07 AM   #4
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter
 
Galax Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Posts: 95,381
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3287
Thanks: 1,092
Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,407 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Steelers players: We won't change approach

They do not need to let this affect them they need to to just concentrate on football.
__________________
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:06 AM   #5
stillers4me
Living Legend
 
stillers4me's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,670
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2656
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers players: We won't change approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
First, Eli Manning, and now James Farrior...there appears to be a slow trickle of support building for Roethlisberger now that the tsunami of anger has subsided.

All the players in the league need to stick together. Ben may have literally stepped into the doodoo in this situation, but they all have to realize that accusations could happen to any of them just because of who they are.
__________________
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #6
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 935
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15311
Thanks: 114
Thanked 225 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: Steelers players: We won't change approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
Steelers players: We won't change approach
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...nt_676745.html
By John Harris and John Grupp
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, April 16, 2010

Steelers linebacker and defensive co-captain James Farrior doesn't want to consider the prospect of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger missing games due to a possible suspension. But Farrior said Thursday that Roethlisberger's teammates are confident they can carry on without him.

"We've always had the approach that one person's not going to make or break the team. That's been the Rooney's philosophy since they're had the team,'' said Farrior, who has started 124 of 128 games with the Steelers since 2002.

"Him (maybe) having to miss some games, we've been in those situations before, and we've always been able to treat it like when somebody's hurt and can't play. Everybody just had to do a little bit more, do a little bit better.''

Farrior and wide receiver Hines Ward, an offensive co-captain, are two of the senior members on the team. Ward said the Steelers have high expectations every season.

"It's not going to change the way we approach things,'' said Ward, the franchise leader in receptions, receiving yards and touchdown receptions. "It's not going to change the expectation level.''

Farrior said he exchanged texts with Roethlisberger in a display of support and encouragement.

"From the get-go, I wanted to let him know we're there for him, and we had his back,'' said Farrior, who plans to speak with Roethlisberger next week during the team's first voluntary practices of the offseason.

Added Ward: "We're a close-knit family. We are going to rally behind each other and support each other.''

Farrior, who considers himself more of a friend than a teammate, said Roethlisberger has to use better judgment away from football.

"I know it's a situation that Ben didn't want to happen. Him being quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers, more eyes are watching him,'' Farrior said. "I'm sure he understands that, but he's got to stop putting himself in these situations and doing stuff like that.''


Coming from a teammate. This is exactly what I want to hear. And I want to hear from more teammates saying the same thing.
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #7
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 935
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15311
Thanks: 114
Thanked 225 Times in 127 Posts
Default Re: Steelers players: We won't change approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
All the players in the league need to stick together. Ben may have literally stepped into the doodoo in this situation, but they all have to realize that accusations could happen to any of them just because of who they are.
Your comments are true. But not every player goes out with an entourage, have a VIP room only allowing girls in, buying them drinks, go to bathroom to play and have someone guarding the door. Not everyone is this stupid.
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:59 AM   #8
Men of Steel
Starter
 
Men of Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OKLAHOMA
Posts: 647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13746
Thanks: 1,166
Thanked 305 Times in 133 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Steelers players: We won't change approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
All the players in the league need to stick together. Ben may have literally stepped into the doodoo in this situation, but they all have to realize that accusations could happen to any of them just because of who they are.
stand tall and stay united against the gold diggers of society!!!
__________________
Men of Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #9
nikstar
Draft Prospect
 
nikstar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Steeltown Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 103
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15652
Thanks: 16
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
Default Re: Steelers players: We won't change approach

Agreed, I want to see some more support of our QB from the NFL's finest.
__________________
For Sale
Babies Shoes
Never Worn
nikstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts