Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 04-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #31
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,102 Times in 3,082 Posts
Default Re: Icelandic Volcano Eruption will COOL Global Warming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
(Sigh)
It's fine to attack me. It's also part of the modus operandi of certain members here to know NOTHING about a topic I bring up, and 5 minutes later after reading a wiki article about it to profess absolute mastery of the topic. That's part and parcel with being a 3rd string political poster. As is typical, you project your own MO onto me. Let me correct you YET AGAIN...first off, I read both Freakonomics and Superfreakonomics, in their entirety, but that was quite some time ago, and was relatively unrelated to this, since the Volcano in Iceland is what triggered the OP. I have also read two scholarly papers on the matter, one by Crutzen, the other by some other PhD. So, big FAIL there, as usual.

Now, let's get real.

I never stated anything other than this as a last resort. The REAL salient point is that the World will NOT end if we don't clean up our act on the outside chance Global Warming is real. So the 5th rate refutation above is based wither upon ignorance, poor reading comprehension, or simply such blind hatred for me that there is no longer even a semblance of balance and logic on some posters part, they will simply say "black" to my "white" no matter what.

Sad. Pathetic. It's actually more deserving of sympathy than anything else. We see it time and time again, just like with the bunker maps. Hate clouds reason and logic to the exclusion of the actual ability to even properly debate, just simply resorting to attacks against people who have a far deeper and better understanding of how the World around them works.

I feel sorry for you, Tony. You're a small man who gets to play the part of a bigger man on a message board...

As for the validity of the SO2 idea, Crutzen also backs this plan. He's got 2 PhD's, and is actually an atmospheric chemist working at the Max Planck Institute (Google learning opportunity, Tony!). I'm guessing he's SLIGHTLY more knowledgeable on the subject than any of us here. So the plan, AS A LAST RESORT, is completely sound.

But, as the OP stated, this is going to happen regardless, as Eyjafjallajokull has already erupted and is dumping about 3,000 tons a day of SO2 into the air.
what a complete 180 the OP has taken since the OP's last post errrr.... redaction.

initially the pumping of SO2 was an immediate replacement for the impending cap'n trade which is right around the corner. now, all of a sudden it is a last measure resort.

delusion defined = the only one in here who has professed absolute mastery on the topic is the OP. and anyone who dares offering a contrary opinion will be personally attacked and rendered null and void. LMAO! yet the OP practically begs anyone to respond to a lame duck thread.

yes, lets get real...

the last post from thismorning was edited 4 hours later to add the cut 'n paste name of the volcano- Eyjafjallajokull (as if he really knew how to spell that) and to address the blatant cribbing of superfreakonomics, which was supposedly read ages ago, even though it is a recent realease from oct. 2009.

i dont know how that failed edit makes anyone smarter, or supports their take.

the original post in this thread doesnt contain a single original idea. here is the actual article that the "cliffs notes of volcanoes for dummies" was stolen from-

Superfreakonomics: Everything you know about Global Warming is wrong

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6879251.ece

dont feel sorry for me, revs. the embodiment of the king in hans christian andersen's "the emperors new clothes" is in no position to pity anyone.

it is everyone else who is laughing as you make a mockery of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I'm going to start translating rev's posts into plain English, whenever I feel that his bile is getting in the way of an intelligibility. Here's my first try:

How was that? I'm using a rather old Troll-English/English-Troll dictionary, but I think I got the broad strokes in there.
pretty funny.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #32
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

It's nice to enjoy a thread here again.

But what this thread really needs, is some talk about Ben.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #33
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

For the reading comprehension challenged, the title of the thread is "Icelandic Eruption WILL cool global warming", and the original post went on to explain the science.

Nice attempt to "Bunker Map" me, Tony, but whereas you are were just 100% dead-wrong, there's no real way to twist the facts up. You'll need to find something else to pretend to be right about as a counter-argument to me, little man...

Now back your regularly scheduled ad homs and diversionary attacks from the Braintrust.