Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused
Default ive taken all's i can stands, and i can't stands no more!

I won't go into a lengthy list of reasons why this President has finally broken my camel's back, but i will mention the 2 latest issues that has sailed me over the edge...

1. I am a WV resident, grew up here and now I am back. The latest mining disaster has broken this state. Questions loom, lives have been lost, and now our coal production (which is a major part of the economics and community of this state) are in jeapordy.
The miners bodies have just recently been collected to be given back to their families. Most of the investigations have not started, due to continued high levels of methane still being in the accident area.
Regardless, with only a preliminary report, our President lashes out at mining (which before the Pres race, essentially said he would bankrupt), and a SPECIFIC private mining/energy company: Massey Energy. In this state, some support Massey, and some do not. I personally think that safety issues were beyond lacking, and they must pay criminally/civilly for this incident. However, I cannot say for sure, since I do not have ALL the FACTS, and this was only resolved last week. The Sago disaster took a year to get to the bottom of.
Yet, this President, has the audacity, to make accusations and lash out at mining (you can deduce this from his speech), and a PRIVATE COMPANY. He waits for judgement on Ft. Hood, he waits for judgement on the uprising in Iran, but he jumps to judgement when it only meets his political ends. Not to mention the fact, he cannot be bothered to visit the state, where the WORST mining disaster since the 70's has happened, He visited Ft. Hood, he visited the flood ravaged north-east, he is going to Malta, he went to visit NASA on tax day, and he just went to a $30,000 a plate dinner with gloria estefan (all which he should have done), but he cannot visit THIS state where a major tragedy happened? evidently not.

2. with the massive tea party and tax day protest going on, he responds with arrogance, insults, and condescension.
“I have been amused a little over the past couple of days where people have been having these rallies about taxes...
You would think they would be saying ‘thank you.’ That’s what you’d think"

http://dailycaller.com/2010/04/16/ob...#ixzz0lHNTD8bb

WOW. Such graciousness and Presidentiality. Even Clinton and Bush never called out voters in such a manner. I will just let those things stand for themeselves. Rant over.

continue...
Old 04-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: ive taken all's i can stands, and i can't stands no more!

I can't speak to all of this, but I certainly agree that he's the most arrogant President we've ever elected.

When he is not re-elected, it will be interesting to see what his reactions are like...
Old 04-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
Bng_Hevn
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14891

It's not arrogance, it is simply a matter of not having any class whatsoever. Neither he nor his wife have even an ounce.
Bng_Hevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
TheWarDen86
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,007 Times in 1,284 Posts

I like to refer to him as the "Golden Calf."
TheWarDen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I certainly agree that he's the most arrogant President we've ever elected.
Hmm. Most arrogant.

How about the flyover?

Old 04-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
TheWarDen86
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverhard View Post
Hmm. Most arrogant.

How about the flyover?

Or maybe the Cigar Aficionado:

Old 04-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #7
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgle burgle View Post
IYet, this President, has the audacity, to make accusations and lash out at mining (you can deduce this from his speech), and a PRIVATE COMPANY. He waits for judgement on Ft. Hood, he waits for judgement on the uprising in Iran, but he jumps to judgement when it only meets his political ends.
We all knew he would rush to judgement from his first days in office with the Harvard professor and the cop. Rushed to the defense of his buddy and didn't care to know the other side of the story. What did they call that, beergate or something?

Agreed Urgle, he is one classy President
Old 04-16-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
TheWarDen86
Banned
Supporter

Let's not forget Pelosi setting back the private aviation industry 10 years with her BS comments/judgments to the Detroit Motor companies on their private jets.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I put a good deal of thought into my statement. Clinton would be #2. Bush isn't even top 5. Obama is just in a class all by himself.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #10
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337

If we're just talking US presidents, i'm sure we could agree that most of them are naturally pretty arrogant - I think it's gotta be the nature of the beast even thinking you could lead the free world - most of us wouldn't be so bold (you know what I mean when I say "bold").

Obviously no one is going to argue that Polk is the most arrogant because we just don't go back that far - as far as information that actually makes it to the public. Adams was a great man - and a fine example of arrogance. I'm sure there's even more to him that we'll never know - but of course we didn't track his every move like we do now. Plus - no president is going to make an appearance at every disaster, which will always piss someone off - but just think of it, Obama shows up in WV at the mining disaster tragedy - he's going to be called out for his arrogance for overshadowing the lives lost with his controversial appearance on tax day.

When it comes down to it, all presidents are self-driven and politically motivated, this is a fact of life, otherwise they wouldn't get very far in the world of politics. I would never be president - I like people too much to shake their hands as I use them as footstools. But these are the kind of people who we elect. We don't elect homely shy people. We elect type A personalities who come off as uncaring, stupid even. But we should know better - I don't think Bush was stupid at all, or Clinton, or Nixon, or Reagan or Obama. These are all highly intelligent people, driven to success, willing to do whatever it takes to get to the oval office. So, we've got a baseline. Arrogance is a baseline.

That said - I think Bush landing on the USS Abraham Lincoln in a flight suit went way beyond arrogant. You really think that Obama not showing up to the site of this mining tragedy is worse - or anything he's done for that matter?