Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #21
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222
Default Re: ive taken all's i can stands, and i can't stands no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
damn... he looks like a charicature of a semen in a cheap 7th grade "sex-ed" video.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #22
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused

since the consensus is that it isnt a big deal our President didn't show up at the worst mining disaster in 40 yrs, so be it. Yes, i understand he can't be at every disaster, that wasn't the point. and that is not what bothers me the most, in what i posted, it was more of an addendum. no, i didnt want him rushing here for a photo op either. however, it would have been nice for him, michelle, or, i dont know, the VP, somone to show up at some time in the next millenia to honor what is an occupation that supplies 50 % of our power, and was one of the big reasons the west was settled (mining in general, gold, ore, oil, etc.). it just added to my ire. that and all the other things he can show up to instead of. amazing that it just so happens he didn't win WV in '08, also.but i regurgitate.
the main point of my ire was the rush to judgement, and publicly calling out a specific private mining/energy operation with no understanding of mining; to include operations, how the satety issues work, and an obvious disdain for mining in general. just as Las Vegas felt serious economic drawbacks from his earlier comments last year, you would think he would learn. which i am sure he has, he just has ulterior motives. you shut down massey energy for even a day, all those families, including the state lose a lot of money. those mines are non-union, so they only get paid when they work, and they work by the hour. and i dont want to get into union-nonunion tit for tat right now. that is not the point either.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #23
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,774 Times in 2,937 Posts

i definitely respect the non-union miners (and even the unionized ones). if the prez can send federal aid to everyone else, i hope these guys and their fams arent left behind.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #24
urgle burgle
Starter

Member Number: 12834
My Mood: Confused

Quote:
i definitely respect the non-union miners (and even the unionized ones). if the prez can send federal aid to everyone else, i hope these guys and their fams arent left behind.
you are a good man tony...best post ive seen all day.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #25
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
damn... he looks like a charicature of a semen in a cheap 7th grade "sex-ed" video.
That's what i was thinking too.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #26
tube517
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1868

Either that or something from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Quote:
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:32 AM   #27
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverhard View Post
If we're just talking US presidents, i'm sure we could agree that most of them are naturally pretty arrogant - I think it's gotta be the nature of the beast even thinking you could lead the free world - most of us wouldn't be so bold (you know what I mean when I say "bold").

Obviously no one is going to argue that Polk is the most arrogant because we just don't go back that far - as far as information that actually makes it to the public. Adams was a great man - and a fine example of arrogance. I'm sure there's even more to him that we'll never know - but of course we didn't track his every move like we do now. Plus - no president is going to make an appearance at every disaster, which will always piss someone off - but just think of it, Obama shows up in WV at the mining disaster tragedy - he's going to be called out for his arrogance for overshadowing the lives lost with his controversial appearance on tax day.

When it comes down to it, all presidents are self-driven and politically motivated, this is a fact of life, otherwise they wouldn't get very far in the world of politics. I would never be president - I like people too much to shake their hands as I use them as footstools. But these are the kind of people who we elect. We don't elect homely shy people. We elect type A personalities who come off as uncaring, stupid even. But we should know better - I don't think Bush was stupid at all, or Clinton, or Nixon, or Reagan or Obama. These are all highly intelligent people, driven to success, willing to do whatever it takes to get to the oval office. So, we've got a baseline. Arrogance is a baseline.

That said - I think Bush landing on the USS Abraham Lincoln in a flight suit went way beyond arrogant. You really think that Obama not showing up to the site of this mining tragedy is worse - or anything he's done for that matter?
I went back to Lincoln. There were certainly other smug, pompous Presidents. Woodrow Wilson came in 3rd. I added in the qualification that in order to make the list you had to be really super smug and condescending and WRONG.

Obama wins, hands down.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:50 AM   #28
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I went back to Lincoln. There were certainly other smug, pompous Presidents. Woodrow Wilson came in 3rd. I added in the qualification that in order to make the list you had to be really super smug and condescending and WRONG.

Obama wins, hands down.
Are you 160 years old? How did you accurately put this list together? Do you have a link? or a book you read?

img bush in airsuit /img

great...another divisive topic brought to the board
Old 04-17-2010, 07:09 AM   #29
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
Are you 160 years old? How did you accurately put this list together? Do you have a link? or a book you read?

img bush in airsuit /img

great...another divisive topic brought to the board
Your insult would carry some weight if I were talking about ancient rulers who predated written, or even oral histories.

But there are MOUNDS of data on these guys. See, there are things called books, and, more importantly, newspapers, that have gauged and judged and opined on the leaders of this Country for a long time. You should try reading some of the stuff from time to time...it's all readily available on the "internets", whiny. You obviously have a LOT to learn...

This is simple. It's my informed opinion, which I spent some time forming by READING about the actual subject at hand, versus your uninformed know-little-to-nothing knee jerk party-line-toeing nonsense.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:42 AM   #30
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Your insult would carry some weight if I were talking about ancient rulers who predated written, or even oral histories.

But there are MOUNDS of data on these guys. See, there are things called books, and, more importantly, newspapers, that have gauged and judged and opined on the leaders of this Country for a long time. You should try reading some of the stuff from time to time...it's all readily available on the "internets", whiny. You obviously have a LOT to learn...

This is simple. It's my informed opinion, which I spent some time forming by READING about the actual subject at hand, versus your uninformed know-little-to-nothing knee jerk party-line-toeing nonsense.
wow, Rev, even an innocent question is met with sarcastic backlash. Without me even trying to contradict your opinion you go on defensive-name calling mode. Stay classy.

What books have you read, What sources are you using to guide your opinion.