Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #11
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525
Default Re: Congrats to the Steelers fans...still hard to swallow

I agree.. The ONLY horrible call that was a no brainer wtf call was the Hasselbeck cut block tackle majig.. I don't know why the hell they called that but whatever.. I can't change that and nor can anyone else.. The reason why people are screaming rigged is cuz of ESPN announcers like Salisbury steak and that Stevens fag writer.. THere garbage is fueling an uneeded and uncalled for fire and so people are jumpin on the bandwagon.. It's there way of making themselves feel better and have at least an excuse for losing a game they probably should have won. What's funny is that the players .. not ONE of them blame the refs or anyone else except themselves.. Jeremy Stephens blames himself for the loss.. Hasselbeck blames them not getting the job done for the loss.. The Steelers got the job done and we didn't were his words.. In the end.. The refs are human and you can't see 360 degree angles so nobody can be 100 percent perfect all the time.. The reason we can complain so much is the 50 million replays from every angle.. If technology wasn't as good as it is today we wouldn't be having these arguments as the calls would be what they were called.. No 250 million people judging it from the 20 other angles there being shown on tv.. Personally I could never nor ever want to be a ref for this reason alone.. Someones always going to see something different than you.. You have 1 angle from the field.. TV fans have every angle under the sun.. and slow mo.. and aerial cam.. I mean comon.. Eventually you can take the refs out of the game and just call the penalties after the plays over once the guys in the booth have looked over the play from every angle.. Once it's scanned completely.. Next play.. Is that what football is gonna have to resort to?? Comon fans.. It's a game.. It's over.. Move on in life.. The Seahawks players I'm sure have.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #12
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

It's useless man. Let them think what they want. We won. If some can't deal with that fact, too bad. That's their problem. Cry and moan elsewhere.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #13
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Hey 83-Steelers-43, congratulations man, your team won the game! Way to go! No doubt, I would be as happy as you are....had my team played well enough to over compensate the bad officiating. No sour grapes here....we should have played better.

But the officiating in the NFL as a whole needs improvement and I hope as a football fan, you can recognize this. And on no bigger stage to display that as it was displayed yesterday, in Super Bowl XL....especially when that was supposedly the cream of the crop officials.
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #14
thumb 2 come
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
But the officiating in the NFL as a whole needs improvement and I hope as a football fan, you can recognize this. And on no bigger stage to display that as it was displayed yesterday, in Super Bowl XL....especially when that was supposedly the cream of the crop officials.
Agreed the officials sucked all year and the NFL should look at that.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:39 PM   #15
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,191 Times in 598 Posts

Hasselbacks 15 yarder and Ben's TD were both questionable. The steelers actually got that same call called on them a few games back to. They call it because they dont want anyone to block or tackle at the knees as much as they can. The Ben TD, had it not counted would have put the ball at the 1/2 inch line. I think the steelers would have gone for it anyway and score on the next play. The two penalty calls were correct. The RT held haggans and jackson created separation before he got the TD, those were 100% correct but because they happened on two big plays, now its blame everyone but ourselves for the lose. Its not the fact that the kick missed 2 FG or Matt threw an INT, its lets blame the whole world not on calls that were correct.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #16
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eztarget
It was a p!ss poor SB ALL AROUND IMO.

Both teams looked frightened in the beginning, and then the officiating was horrible BOTH ways but unfortunately the questionable calls against your team were on HUGE plays.

Did we get the SB "handed" to us? I'd say no.

Did the officials decide the outcome? I'd say no.

Did the officials change momentum as crucial times? Definitely!

We faced the same crap against the Colts who IMO were much better than Seattle and we still overcame it. Seattle didn't defend on the Steelers two biggest plays and the REFS had NOTHING to do with those plays.

I wish they would eliminate the stupid "bye week" between conference championship games and the SB. It takes two great teams playing at a high level and screws up their timing. Plus in EVERY other major sport the playoffs are all about SURVIVING the tough schedule and winning it all. Imagine if they took two weeks off between the NBA, or NHL finals?
New England Philly, New England Carolina, New England St.Louis, St.Louis Tennessee, there have been some good ones with the 2 weeks. And then there were some bad ones. Tampa Oakland, Baltimore Giants, This one?
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #17
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
Thanks, Zorn. Don't be a stranger. I still have 10,000 Seahawks points to spend. Can they be used to purchase Pittsburgh Steelers memorabilia...(lol)?
Thanks SteelerzGirl! I am sorry though, they are only good for Long Island ice-teas.
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:50 PM   #18
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Thanks SteelerzGirl! I am sorry though, they are only good for Long Island ice-teas.
You're on! I'm buyin'.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #19
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Hey 83-Steelers-43, congratulations man, your team won the game! Way to go! No doubt, I would be as happy as you are....had my team played well enough to over compensate the bad officiating. No sour grapes here....we should have played better.

I never stated the officiating was perfect. The Indy game proved that. Was I upset with the Troy "non-interception"? Sure. But If we would have lost I would not have used it as an excuse for our loss. Maybe that's just me. In my opinion, great teams over come bad calls, such as we did in Indy. It's part of the game. Until there is a perfect system in place (which I never see happening) that's how it will always be in the NFL and in any other sport for that matter.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #20
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady12
New England Philly, New England Carolina, New England St.Louis, St.Louis Tennessee, there have been some good ones with the 2 weeks. And then there were some bad ones. Tampa Oakland, Baltimore Giants, This one?
See I disagree. A lot of the last few SB's have had really POOR starts because the teams timing is off. Your first SB win against the Rams was like 3 to 0 until Ty Law returned that INT for your first score. The Pats win over Carolina MOST of the scoring was in the 2nd quarter and 4th quarter.

The Eagles were playing GREAT until the SB last year, and looked flat out of the gate just like BOTH teams did yesterday.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote