Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 04-17-2010, 11:22 AM   #21
JSH6487
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16095
Default Re: Georgia cops learn of 2nd woman who says she was assaulted by Big Ben

Even though this one sounds like a bunch of BS too...all of the Roethlisberger haters will sure chalk it up as another incident to throw Ben under the bus.
JSH6487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #22
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: Georgia cops learn of 2nd woman who says she was assaulted by Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Like I said before let's see one of these accuser go to the mats with their case before we make pronouncments of guilt. ( or at least I will). When one is willing to file a criminal complaint- go before a judge and jury, raise her right hand, state her case and subject herself to cross examination and redirect thereafter. I'll be paying full attention and will make a judgement on guilt or innocence.

But until that day arrives, absent of charges, I feel compelled to give the man the benifit of the doubt.
McNulty is taking Ben to Court and it doesn't matter to me if it's civil or criminal. She'll take the stand, Ben will have to defend himself and the jury will deliver its verdict based on the data presented.

Based on what I've read, heard and seen of him and about him, I consider the man a total idiot perfectly capable of doing what he's been accused of several times.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #23
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
McNulty is taking Ben to Court and it doesn't matter to me if it's civil or criminal. She'll take the stand, Ben will have to defend himself and the jury will deliver its verdict based on the data presented.

Based on what I've read, heard and seen of him and about him, I consider the man a total idiot perfectly capable of doing what he's been accused of several times.
Well that settles it, they should jail him immediatly and divide his money among McNulty and the 20 year old in Ga. Case closed. Anybody else you care to convict before I head out the door? Due proccess is entirely overrated.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:54 AM   #24
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Well that settles it, they should jail him immediatly and divide his money among McNulty and the 20 year old in Ga. Case closed. Anybody else you care to convict before I head out the door? Due proccess is entirely overrated.
Don't resort to straw man arguments, dude. Doesn't work with me.
Nobody's talking about jailing him immediately. There's no such thing as jail time in a civil verdict and you know it.
I'm talking about him facing a civil jury and win their conviction that he didn't do what he's accused of. There will not be $$$ involved unless he receives a guilty verdict and you know it too.
Now if Ben offers a settlement prior, then yes, it will mean guilty in my book.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #25
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Don't resort to straw man arguments, dude. Doesn't work with me.
Nobody's talking about jailing him immediately. There's no such thing as jail time in a civil verdict and you know it.
I'm talking about him facing a civil jury and win their conviction that he didn't do what he's accused of. There will not be $$$ involved unless he receives a guilty verdict and you know it too.
Now if Ben offers a settlement prior, then yes, it will mean guilty in my book.
Or it could suggest that he needs to get this shit all behind him once and for all. Had this latest situation never arose I have no doubt Ben would have gladly gone to court with McNulty and tore apart her case. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if the commish and the Rooney's strongly suggest to Ben that he should avoid a trial if at all possible and that whatever punishment he recieves will already have factored potential settlements in. Remember suspending a player absent of charges or arrest is unprecedented, this could be the best way for all parties to negotiate that hurdle.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #26
WeegiesWarriors
Banned

Member Number: 13183

You people are nuts. It's becoming obvious we have a serial rapist as the QB of the Steelers and all you want to do is make excuses for him and condemn the women. Just because they aren't proving this criminally in a court of law doesn't mean any of this didn't happen. Nobody ever said the American justice system is fair.

Roethlisberger is no more of a target than a thousand other millionaire athletes. Lebron James is more of a target, but nobody is accusing him of the same thing; and I would have to believe he has sex. At some point you zealots have to get your head out of the sand on this. At the very least we have a sick pervert at QB and that should not be okay. I'll take a decade of losing if we got rid of this creep today.
WeegiesWarriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #27
steeldawg
Starter

Member Number: 13605

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeegiesWarriors View Post
You people are nuts. It's becoming obvious we have a serial rapist as the QB of the Steelers and all you want to do is make excuses for him and condemn the women. Just because they aren't proving this criminally in a court of law doesn't mean any of this didn't happen. Nobody ever said the American justice system is fair.

Roethlisberger is no more of a target than a thousand other millionaire athletes. Lebron James is more of a target, but nobody is accusing him of the same thing; and I would have to believe he has sex. At some point you zealots have to get your head out of the sand on this. At the very least we have a sick pervert at QB and that should not be okay. I'll take a decade of losing if we got rid of this creep today.
Show me the proof
steeldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:13 PM   #28
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeegiesWarriors View Post

I condemn any girl who allows a serial rapist to continue to ply his trade without making every effort to stop them.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:13 PM   #29
steeldawg
Starter

Member Number: 13605

how ridiculous is the argument just because you cant prove it doesnt mean it didnt happen. Well you know what you cant prove it did happen.
steeldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #30
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Or it could suggest that he needs to get this shit all behind him. Had this latest situation never arose I have no doubt Ben would have gladly gone to court with McNulty and tore apart her case. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if the commish and the Rooney's strongly suggest to Ben that he should avoid a trial if at all possible and that whatever punishment he recieves will already have factored that conclusion in.
Well, if Ben couldn't convince the League and the Rooney's of his innocence and avoid a sanction, then he will have an even tougher time trying to convince a civil jury.
Too bad Ben, but you reap what you sow.