Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 04-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387
Default Punishing the Innocent?

I think that it is ridiculous for Steelers Fans and the NFL to want to punish Big Ben for something he didn't do. We are a country where you are innocent until proven guilty, are we not?

Some will say that Ben puts himself into such situations. What does that mean? If you happen to be in a bank that gets robbed two times, should you be punished for going to the bank?

If you are involved in two car accidents that are not your fault, should you be held liable because you were in the driver's seat.

I have a hard time comprehending what the justification is to punish someone just because he happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Should we not have sympathy for him?

Or are we being told that because Big Ben is a big star that he is really guilty of sexual assault, but because he is rich and a celebrity he does not get charged; therefore he must be punished by the kangaroo court of the NFL.

Some sanity needs to be brought to the NFL. These are All American players, the best of the best. They should be treated equally under the law. Instead, Goodell and the NFL owners treat their players like 3rd world peasants when it comes to conduct issues.

Since that is the case, shouldn't 16 teams be lining up woman candidates to sink Big Ben's ship each week? It might be a plan. But I hear the girls are pretty ugly in Cleveland.
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104
Default Re: Punishing the Innocent?

Good thing you feel that way because punishment might come from the employer...Steelers organization,not NFL or steelers fans

It's not about is he guilty or innocent...it's about personnal conduct when you're a rolemodel for young kids.I'm all for a suspension I would even consider trading the guy if the return is interesting.

Call me crazy but IMO,all the people that ''accept'' personnal misconduct'' from good players are people that are fans with wins more than the team.Like someone said in another post,I'd rather see the Steelers finishing 0-16 for 5 years with a classy organization that do not tolerate A-hole and criminals than winning the Super Bowl with players that are above everything and do not respect women.

For me Ben is strike 2.....he better not get another one,because not only would his trade value be absolutely nothing but he'd be gone for good.
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 2,289 Times in 1,021 Posts

Punished for something you didn't do... oh yea... happens all the time... we're becoming a communist, confederate, islamic and nazi state... all at the same time....

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387

[QUOTE=ricksteelers55;802769]Good thing you feel that way because punishment might come from the employer...Steelers organization,not NFL or steelers fans

It's not about is he guilty or innocent...it's about personnal conduct when you're a rolemodel for young kids.I'm all for a suspension I would even consider trading the guy if the return is interesting.

Like Tom Brady dumping his pregnant girlfriend for Giselle. Or Romanski admitting that he broke players fingers on the bottom of the pile?

yes, the league needs to crack down personal conduct. Or does this just apply to drunk skanks that throw themselves at NFL players and then cry wolf?

Has our country become femininitized, or what?
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

[QUOTE=ricksteelers55;802769].Like someone said in another post,I'd rather see the Steelers finishing 0-16 for 5 years with a classy organization that do not tolerate A-hole and criminals than winning the Super Bowl with players that are above everything and do not respect women.

All good if we choose to be selective in memory, but our organization has had numerous instances of players who were not the finest of the NFL, including some who were actually charged with wrong doings and documented acts of stupidity. I can go and find accounts of these and post in a another thread if everyone would like, I promise it will not be as short of list as we would like to think. We have a storied team history but we are not clean of all wrongdoing, we may not be the Bengals, but we are not all angels either.

If the Steelers as employers want to send a message to Ben that he is going to have to use better judgment than so be it. But if they trot out the line that the Steelers have not and will not tolerate this kind of behavior than they too are hypocrites. Ben may very well be a sexual predator, I cannot honestly make that charge based on what has happened, but if he is, he will not change and eventually it will come out and he will be convicted. Then and only then will I abandon him.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
SteveS
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13993

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksteelers55 View Post
For me Ben is strike 2.....he better not get another one,because not only would his trade value be absolutely nothing but he'd be gone for good.
What is strike 1? ANyone who has any sense at all knows that NcNutty's accusation holds no steam. So it can't be that one. It surely can't the motorcycle accident that wasn't his fault and the other driver was cited.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
SteelersBry79
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16070

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
Punished for something you didn't do... oh yea... happens all the time... we're becoming a communist, confederate, islamic and nazi state... all at the same time....
You're a little late there.....that's been going on for a lot longer
SteelersBry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #8
Prok
Team Captain

Member Number: 8921

[QUOTE=Ricco Suavez;802812]
Quote:
.Like someone said in another post,I'd rather see the Steelers finishing 0-16 for 5 years with a classy organization that do not tolerate A-hole and criminals than winning the Super Bowl with players that are above everything and do not respect women.

All good if we choose to be selective in memory, but our organization has had numerous instances of players who were not the finest of the NFL, including some who were actually charged with wrong doings and documented acts of stupidity. I can go and find accounts of these and post in a another thread if everyone would like, I promise it will not be as short of list as we would like to think. We have a storied team history but we are not clean of all wrongdoing, we may not be the Bengals, but we are not all angels either.

If the Steelers as employers want to send a message to Ben that he is going to have to use better judgment than so be it. But if they trot out the line that the Steelers have not and will not tolerate this kind of behavior than they too are hypocrites. Ben may very well be a sexual predator, I cannot honestly make that charge based on what has happened, but if he is, he will not change and eventually it will come out and he will be convicted. Then and only then will I abandon him.
Excellent post.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
SteelersBry79
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16070

[QUOTE=Ricco Suavez;802812]
Quote:
.Like someone said in another post,I'd rather see the Steelers finishing 0-16 for 5 years with a classy organization that do not tolerate A-hole and criminals than winning the Super Bowl with players that are above everything and do not respect women.

How is he a criminal? Has be been charged with any crime? HAS HE? Well guess what, Ben IS innocent and I'm sticking by the man because sure he likes women, but when he's actually charged with a crime, let alone convicted of one, then I may chance my opinion. Yes Ben is an A-hole, but I can guarantee he's not the only one on the Steelers. I can't speak for the everyone else here, but personally, I'd rather win games and Super Bowls with A-holes that know how to win, than lose games with perfect gentlemen who put reputation ahead of victory.
SteelersBry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:54 PM   #10
SteveS
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13993

[QUOTE=SteelersBry79;802866]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post

How is he a criminal? Has be been charged with any crime? HAS HE? Well guess what, Ben IS innocent and I'm sticking by the man because sure he likes women, but when he's actually charged with a crime, let alone convicted of one, then I may chance my opinion. Yes Ben is an A-hole, but I can guarantee he's not the only one on the Steelers. I can't speak for the everyone else here, but personally, I'd rather win games and Super Bowls with A-holes that know how to win, than lose games with perfect gentlemen who put reputation ahead of victory.
WHat does him potentially being an A-hole have to do, even remotely, with what happened that night? The only possible scenerio that would make him an a-hole there isn't enough evidence to prove.

Some of the reports that he is ungracious to fans sometimes, IMHO, doesn't hold tons of steam, because I have also heard lots of stories about him being a very polite and courteous guy in other instances. I have also heard he will stand around and sign autographs for hours at training camp as long as people don't get too out of hand. I have no problem with that at all.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote