Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #11
SteelersBry79
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16070
Default Re: Punishing the Innocent?

[QUOTE=SteveS;802869]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersBry79 View Post

WHat does him potentially being an A-hole have to do, even remotely, with what happened that night? The only possible scenerio that would make him an a-hole there isn't enough evidence to prove.

Some of the reports that he is ungracious to fans sometimes, IMHO, doesn't hold tons of steam, because I have also heard lots of stories about him being a very polite and courteous guy in other instances. I have also heard he will stand around and sign autographs for hours at training camp as long as people don't get too out of hand. I have no problem with that at all.
I've heard more negative stories about Ben than good ones, and a couple came from a person I know that knows him personally. As for the events of the night in question, I'm not saying he became an A-hole that night or right after it. He's been an A-hole ever since his SB XL win. I'm not saying I have anything against him being an A-hole, but he's not the only one on the team.
SteelersBry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #12
Need4Sweed
Water Boy

Member Number: 15314

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
Punished for something you didn't do... oh yea... happens all the time... we're becoming a communist, confederate, islamic and nazi state... all at the same time....
Dude seriously... you Ben apologist are in serious denial and are becoming very annoying. The guy is innocent in the court of law, i'll give you that. But he is guilty of misconduct and poor judgement in the worst degree. He HAS to be suspended, for his own good, it's apparent the guy has rapist tendencies and feels entitled to everything he wants. His behavior can not be allowed. This is a problem, and it's best for Ben to seek help. Maybe he has a drinking problem that causes him to become aggressive and unable to take no for an answer...whatever it may be, it is apparent to me and the powers that be Ben has a major problem...this could be your or my daughter that Ben could be assaulting...fandom aside. And i am sure Goodell and the Rooneys will see to it that Ben will receive swift and due punishment.
Need4Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #13
wiz1120
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Sweed View Post
Dude seriously... you Ben apologist are in serious denial and are becoming very annoying. The guy is innocent in the court of law, i'll give you that. But he is guilty of misconduct and poor judgement in the worst degree. He HAS to be suspended, for his own good, it's apparent the guy has rapist tendencies and feels entitled to everything he wants. His behavior can not be allowed. This is a problem, and it's best for Ben to seek help. Maybe he has a drinking problem that causes him to become aggressive and unable to take no for an answer...whatever it may be, it is apparent to me and the powers that be Ben has a major problem...this could be your or my daughter that Ben could be assaulting...fandom aside. And i am sure Goodell and the Rooneys will see to it that Ben will receive his just due.

Unless you were there on both occasions, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Sweed View Post
Dude seriously... you Ben apologist are in serious denial and are becoming very annoying. The guy is innocent in the court of law, i'll give you that. But he is guilty of misconduct and poor judgement in the worst degree. He HAS to be suspended, for his own good, it's apparent the guy has rapist tendencies and feels entitled to everything he wants. His behavior can not be allowed. This is a problem, and it's best for Ben to seek help. Maybe he has a drinking problem that causes him to become aggressive and unable to take no for an answer...whatever it may be, it is apparent to me and the powers that be Ben has a major problem...this could be your or my daughter that Ben could be assaulting...fandom aside. And i am sure Goodell and the Rooneys will see to it that Ben will receive swift and due punishment.
Do you have the facts in the case? No. So how can you say that he used poor judgement?
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #15
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayeksheroes View Post
Do you have the facts in the case? No. So how can you say that he used poor judgment?
When he puts himself in a place that the state police must investigate him for rape, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that a woman can sue him for rape, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that another woman feels like she was at the least put in a very uncomfortable sexual situation in Georgia, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that another family uses a private investigator to find out facts in Nevada, he uses poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that he is within seconds of losing his life simply by not using a motorcycle helmet, he uses poor judgment.

When he alienates the only other Pittsburgh QB that could ever understand what Ben may go through once the fans turn on him, he uses poor judgment.

We are not in a court room. I am not talking about whether he is guilty or innocent. I am talking about personal responsibility for making sure he personally makes sure he doesn't put himself in these situations.

His judgment is poor. The above results prove that. He needs to straighten it out, and fast, or that poor judgment will get him killed or put in jail one of these days.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #16
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Some times using poor judgment maybe a cry out for help. but then again Ben may think he's all that. Only he knows what goes on in his head, tho he does appear to have it up his arse at times.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #17
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530

One of these days, a suspended player in a case like Ben's, is going to hire Johnny Cochran and suethe pants of of the NFL for civil rights violations..........Roger Goodell is getting too much power.....We need a board of ex players to decide actions such as suspentions...........It has to evolve into this, for the integrity of the game.........Some retired guys gotta step up with the Players Union.......This could be another reason to strike.......
Old 04-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #18
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,078 Posts

This whole Ben incident reminds me of O.J. Simpson.............that guy was persecuted by the Goldman family without mercy and he was found innocent. So, in the eyes of the law...he didn't kill Ron and Nicole.

Ben should be left alone like O.J. should have, because neither were convicted.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #19
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post
One of these days, a suspended player in a case like Ben's, is going to hire Johnny Cochran and suethe pants of of the NFL for civil rights violations..........Roger Goodell is getting too much power.....We need a board of ex players to decide actions such as suspentions...........It has to evolve into this, for the integrity of the game.........Some retired guys gotta step up with the Players Union.......This could be another reason to strike.......
Uh, Cochran's been dead for over 5 years.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:39 PM   #20
MaidenIndiana
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10557
My Mood: Twisted

O J might have been found innocent, but I'm still not going to invite him over to carve the Thanksgiving turkey. Better safe than sorry
MaidenIndiana is offline   Reply With Quote