Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 04-18-2010, 12:40 AM   #21
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: Punishing the Innocent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Uh, Cochran's been dead for over 5 years.
Yeah, but I'd be even more afraid if I got sued by Zombie Johnnie Cochran. He's got a point.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:28 AM   #22
steeldawg
Starter

Member Number: 13605

[QUOTE=SteelersBry79;802874]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveS View Post

I've heard more negative stories about Ben than good ones, and a couple came from a person I know that knows him personally. As for the events of the night in question, I'm not saying he became an A-hole that night or right after it. He's been an A-hole ever since his SB XL win. I'm not saying I have anything against him being an A-hole, but he's not the only one on the team.
Well ive heard more positive stories than negative so there!
steeldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:49 AM   #23
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
When he puts himself in a place that the state police must investigate him for rape, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that a woman can sue him for rape, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that another woman feels like she was at the least put in a very uncomfortable sexual situation in Georgia, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that another family uses a private investigator to find out facts in Nevada, he uses poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that he is within seconds of losing his life simply by not using a motorcycle helmet, he uses poor judgment.

When he alienates the only other Pittsburgh QB that could ever understand what Ben may go through once the fans turn on him, he uses poor judgment.

We are not in a court room. I am not talking about whether he is guilty or innocent. I am talking about personal responsibility for making sure he personally makes sure he doesn't put himself in these situations.

His judgment is poor. The above results prove that. He needs to straighten it out, and fast, or that poor judgment will get him killed or put in jail one of these days.
Absolutely, he has now made himself a target , not only for women who see a pot at the end of the rainbow, but also for police. If the idiotic decision made by Ben keep up, HE WILL end up in jail, guilty or not!!
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #24
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
Punished for something you didn't do... oh yea... happens all the time... we're becoming a communist, confederate, islamic and nazi state... all at the same time....
According to some horrible people in that culture, it's the woman's fault if she gets raped. and she would be considered a ***** for the rest of her life.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #25
Stone
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16075

Gregg Doyel, CBSSports.com National Columnist weighs in on the debate:

Goodell's conduct policy veering from mostly right to all wrong

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/sto...t-to-all-wrong
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #26
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Thanked 1,106 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidenIndiana View Post
O J might have been found innocent, but I'm still not going to invite him over to carve the Thanksgiving turkey. Better safe than sorry
Even he got investigated and put to trial though. Ben's never even been charged for ANYTHING!
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #27
JSH6487
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Gregg Doyel, CBSSports.com National Columnist weighs in on the debate:

Goodell's conduct policy veering from mostly right to all wrong

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/sto...t-to-all-wrong
This was a fantastic article and I suggest everyone read it. The writer even admits he strongly dislikes Ben, but still has enough brains to realize that all the heat Ben is getting from the Commissioner and the Steelers is ridiculous based on purely allegations.

From the article...
"To understand how strongly I feel about this position, you have to understand how strongly I dislike Ben Roethlisberger. He's a serial idiot -- a stupid, ****y caricature of the modern-day athlete. Teammates don't like him. I can't stand him. I tolerate his existence by ignoring him whenever possible, but I can't ignore what Goodell is about to do -- not merely to Roethlisberger, but to my idea of justice. Suspending a player for one or two incidents that didn't merit a single criminal charge is an injustice."

Makes me that more sick at our own fans and a lot of people on this board who want Roethlisberger suspended and ran out of town...when someone like Doyel who pretty much hates Ben atleast knows that "to suspend a player for one or two incidents that didn't merit a single criminal charge is an injustice."
Old 04-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #28
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

All of you arguing for Ben,,,give it up. The people on the other side of the fence are never going to agree with you, or me. This is NOT just about the " Moral conduct " rule. This is about the Rooney's, and Goodell practicing " CONSISTENCY " And neither are. And that fact CANNOT in any way be argued with.

I mean to do the things that Ben is being accused of, and being accused as a sociopath by alot of people, including the entire panel on ESPN The Sports reporters,,I mean don't you think this type of thing would have manifested itself long long ago ? And yet there has NEVER been a single Incident at Miami Ohio. And for the first 5 years of his career as a Steeler, there was never a single Incident of what they now claim is his Personal Behaivial conduct. Bottom line is Ben will be punished. And the league, and the Rooney's WILL look like complete Hypocrites.

And none of that can be disagreed with or even remotely argued with.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #29
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,307 Times in 1,829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
When he puts himself in a place that the state police must investigate him for rape, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that a woman can sue him for rape, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that another woman feels like she was at the least put in a very uncomfortable sexual situation in Georgia, he used poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that another family uses a private investigator to find out facts in Nevada, he uses poor judgment.

When he puts himself in a place that he is within seconds of losing his life simply by not using a motorcycle helmet, he uses poor judgment.

When he alienates the only other Pittsburgh QB that could ever understand what Ben may go through once the fans turn on him, he uses poor judgment.

We are not in a court room. I am not talking about whether he is guilty or innocent. I am talking about personal responsibility for making sure he personally makes sure he doesn't put himself in these situations.

His judgment is poor. The above results prove that. He needs to straighten it out, and fast, or that poor judgment will get him killed or put in jail one of these days.
the above results prove absolutely nothing other than PA should have already had helmet laws in place, and anyone can accuse anybody of anything, and if your news worthy enough, the media will pounce all over it. wasn't bettis accussed of rape only to find out it was nothing but a fabricated cash grab ? why would i believe these people anymore than the thousands of people who claim to have been abducted by aliens, or saw bigfoot , or the lochness monster ? you act like since there's more than 1 incident it MUST be true, so i guess you believe in aliens , bigfeets, etc ? ... why are these women anymore credible than the police officer / bodyguards ?.... judge not....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #30
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
Punished for something you didn't do... oh yea... happens all the time... we're becoming a communist, confederate, islamic and nazi state... all at the same time....