Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #71
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Punishing the Innocent?

I have defended Ben and support him fully after reading the report. I feel he has been portrayed in an unfair light by the media and the DA. But, Ben is employed by the Rooneys, they do not have to have any reason what so ever to either trade him or cut him outright. Suspensions given by Goodell are not set in stone, they can be appealed by the player or the club or the players union. I feel the best scenario for the club and Ben is a four game suspension that will be cut to two games if he enters some form of treatment for alcohol.

I know that he has done nothing illegal but in this day and time an employer such as the Rooneys have invested a ton of money. They need to insure he will be here. Ben has skated by on these two incidents, he is now a target for any get rich scheming barfly. While I wish he could lead a normal young mans life he is in the position where he will just have to wait till his playing days are over, and that is a damn shame. I fear that he will have another incident anywhere, parking lot somewhere, a secluded restaurant, a golf outing. With two strikes against him right or wrong and it will be his last in Pittsburgh and it will be a shame.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #72
Need4Sweed
Water Boy

Member Number: 15314

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz1120 View Post
Unless you were there on both occasions, you have no idea what you're talking about.
It was reported that the female in question told Ben NO! after which he exposed himself to her in the bathroom while the body guards stood watch. When a female drunk or not, sez NO!, you stop. PERIOD!...when you continue to have sex with her after that, those are rapist tendencies to me. NO means NO. Something tells me the DA has more info. that we will be privy to later that will make Ben appear more of a pig.
Need4Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #73
JSH6487
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Sweed View Post
It was reported that the female in question told Ben NO! after which he exposed himself to her in the bathroom while the body guards stood watch. When a female drunk or not, sez NO!, you stop. PERIOD!...when you continue to have sex with her after that, those are rapist tendencies to me. NO means NO. Something tells me the DA has more info. that we will be privy to later that will make Ben appear more of a pig.
Yeah, her side was reported by the media...over and over again. How about go reading the facts of the story, and not just what was reported by the media that is trying to crucify Ben.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:36 AM   #74
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,459 Times in 2,381 Posts

I got a bad case of deja vu.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #75
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH6487 View Post
Yeah, her side was reported by the media...over and over again. How about go reading the facts of the story, and not just what was reported by the media that is trying to crucify Ben.
That I agree with. We never really got Ben's side. What positive info we DID get, we had to go digging for. But I disagree about the facts absolving him of any wrong doing.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #76
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

[QUOTE= I know that he has done nothing illegal but in this day and time an employer such as the Rooneys have invested a ton of money. [/QUOTE]

Oh, you were there? Why didn't you say so. How the f**k do you know if he did or didn't? It's an opinion if you WERE NOT there. I'd choose your words more carefully. I don't know if Ben did or did not rape this girl. In my opinion he did. Why do we have one cop resigning and one facing termination if nothing happened? If Ben is innocent and all? Being drunk is not an excuse. If you kill someone drinking and driving, does that somehow give you a pass because you were drunk? Why would this be any different? He chose to drink him self to excess. He's still 100% responsible.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote