Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #11
MattyD.
Water Boy

Location: Ohio. In the Bermuda Triangle located between Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Columbus
Member Number: 1889
Default Re: Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

-The only somewhat questionable call I saw was the one against Hasselbeck for a low block. Although it might have looked like he was going low at the lead blocker, he actually hit Ike. Besides that, everything else is just losers whining about being ripped off. They way I see it is the Steelers had all those bad calls at Indy, but they still won the game! Bad calls are going to happen in any game but you still have to have the drive and guts to finish the game and win.

L8R,
Matt D.
MattyD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:17 PM   #12
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

I disagree with the announcers saying that there was no holding on the one pass that took Seattle to the 2 yd line.

The block started off well, but as our guy started to get around the lineman, the lineman hooked our guy's arm and leveraged him. It wasn't visible from the camera angle that the repaly showed over and over, but that's a hold that will get called every time.

Give the Seahawks fans a break. If I was a Seahawks fan, I'd feel like I was jobbed somewhat, too.

BUT... I would also know that all my team would've had to do to win was play half decent. The Steelers looked awful, and the Seahawks could have blown them out officiating be damned. But they didn't, and here we are.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:41 PM   #13
TXSTEELER
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 960

Don't bother going over to the Hawks insiders board. The freaking moderator details every so called bad call. No one said a word about Ben getting clocked in the back on the INT return. No one said anything about the fumble of Stevens, quick whistle prevented us from keeping the ball in bounds. Best one today, watching ESPN when they are talking about the "phantom" holding call, they are showing another play when 51 of the steelers is being dragged down aroung the neck, the comentator breifly said that looked like holding to him. Must we go back and review the mugging incident in the Pat's Super Bowl that changed officiating rules. Face it, we almost got jobbed out of the Indy game if not for the immaculate tackle. What goes around comes around, I always say. So one last word,
Hawk fans, look at yourself in the mirror and tell me that your team didn't choke when they had the chance to catch up. Saintly Matt sure looked like the 2 yr QB out there near the first half and again at the end. He should have listened to the commentators and set up the fg. Also, Stevens no hurry in getting back to huddle since obviously he didn't know the rules about going out of bounds to stop the clock. The best play of the game was the 4 Steelers smacking him on the last pass of the Hawks final drive. He didn't have a chance even if he caught it. Reminded me of the big hit in Viking or the cowboy SB (don't remember which) when our safety just laid the wood to the receiver and popped the ball about 15 ft in the air for a game stopping INTby edwards.
TXSTEELER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #14
marksashton
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1333

[QUOTE=kssteeler]
Hawk fans, look at yourself in the mirror and tell me that your team didn't choke ... QUOTE]

I'm looking at myself in the morror and agree with you: Seattle choked. Had they played even their usual pretty good game they would have won. Easily.
marksashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #15
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Yeah and maybe If we played our "usual pretty good game" the score margin would have been bigger than eleven points. Thankfully, we didn't need our "A-Game" yesterday.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #16
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

You know what irked me the most about that PI call? Why in the heck was Deshea just standing there flat-footed. It looked like he thought the play was over and he relaxed.

Thank goodness that bonehead, trash-talking Jackson decided to put his hands on the defender right in front of an official. Heck, if he would have just made the break to the middle without touching the DB he would have gotten the TD easily.

Football is almost as much of a mental game as it is a physical game and players can't decide to try to bend the rules when the season is riding on the outcome of the game.

Seattle still had several chances to win the game after that play but they didn't. I've said it before and I'll say it again (even though the tone of this post might sound contradictory): You never have to defend a win.
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #17
slim shady
Water Boy

Member Number: 1003
Angry Re: Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

they should be happy......if they were still in the AFC.....THEY WOULD'NT EVEN BE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!
slim shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #18
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Seabird fans should be pissed

Super Bowl Forty should be the final lagging indicator that proves it is time to deflate the level of pregame hype. One week is enough.

Steeler defense brought their B game. Steeler offense brought their F game in the first quarter which slowly was upgraded to a C-minus in the second half. Under those circumstances Seattle should have had the lead going into the fourth quarter.

But they didn't. I can't remember the last time an 11 point lead felt like an 11 point deficit. If the offense actually played four quarters, then it would have been a 21 point lead after three. The Seabirds face little chance to make the playoffs next year. That's why Seabird fans should be pissed.

The better team doesn't always win. Just look at the Rose Bowl this year. This time the better team won.

I was disappointed in the game because I expected (probably too much) Ben to leave all questions answered - not answers questioned. Perhaps it's better for his future not to be going to Disneyworld. He knows he still has plenty of work to do. This win will not and should not be going to his head.

The entertainment value from the first 3 playoff games was so extraordinary. To expect that same kind of game in the Super Bowl is greedy.

GREED IS GOOD!!!
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #19
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Exactly, totally agree. Screw them. Good teams over come all the BS, and after a terrible 1st Qtr, we did what we had to do. Good teams will do that. Defense wins championships.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #20
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Im irritated at the threads going up here from some people whining and crying foul...

We are the Super Bowl XL World Champions. Nobody can take that away from us. I refuse to let anyone say our win was tainted because of officiating.

The officials were pretty bad most of the playoffs at various times. There is no doubt the NFL needs full time officials, I agree with that.

We went into Cincy and beat the Bengals.. Not the Officials

We went into Indy and beat up on the colts.. Not the Officials

We went into Denver and man handled them...Not the Officials

and

We went into Detroit and WE:

Sacked & Pressured Hasslebeck..Made Alexander a non factor.. Shut down Daryl Jackson after the 1st quarter... Got in the heads of the WR's and Stevens...Made big hits in the secondary....We played well enough on Defense to win.. PERIOD

and

Had a 75 yd TD run... Huge 3rd down coversions... Gadget plays that worked to perfection... had Solid special teams play...a young Great QB who made plays when he needed too...and selfless play from everybody on the team to do their job to help us win.

This board will not be content to let trolls try and ruin our SB Championship becuz they cant deal with the fact that we won it. The seahacks got away with plenty of HOLDING, illegal contact in the secondary, and missed their opportunities to put points on the board.

We won, We're World Champions !!!! Deal with it !
Right on BRC. We came and we conquered. Even though we experienced a few bad calls ourselves through out the play-offs, we never lost focus of the mission.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote