Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #21
ColoradoSteelerFan
Draft Prospect
 
ColoradoSteelerFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 121
Member Number: 1660
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

[QUOTE=marksashton]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kssteeler
Hawk fans, look at yourself in the mirror and tell me that your team didn't choke ... QUOTE]

I'm looking at myself in the morror and agree with you: Seattle choked. Had they played even their usual pretty good game they would have won. Easily.
Yeah....woulda....coulda....shoulda. Gotta remember....it took a horrible game from Roethlisberger for the Seahawks to even be in the game. The Steelers played the worst offensive game of the past 8 weeks and still won. These teams play their best games against each other and the Steelers win every time. The Steelers have more play makers on both sides of the ball.
ColoradoSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:53 PM   #22
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned
 
BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 8,144
Gender: Male
Member Number: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim shady
they should be happy......if they were still in the AFC.....THEY WOULD'NT EVEN BE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

Right on !!! Tell em !!!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #23
Mosca
Team President
Supporter
 
Mosca's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 2,397
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1751
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

[QUOTE=ColoradoSteelerFan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksashton

Yeah....woulda....coulda....shoulda. Gotta remember....it took a horrible game from Roethlisberger for the Seahawks to even be in the game. The Steelers played the worst offensive game of the past 8 weeks and still won. These teams play their best games against each other and the Steelers win every time. The Steelers have more play makers on both sides of the ball.
And that being said: I'll take the win all day long, bruddah, but it was a lousy game. It was like a week 2 game. The win was great, but the game was lousy.

Let's get both teams back for a grudge match, and next time let's bring it on!

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:00 PM   #24
marksashton
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 68
Member Number: 1333
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

[QUOTE=ColoradoSteelerFan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksashton

Yeah....woulda....coulda....shoulda. Gotta remember....it took a horrible game from Roethlisberger for the Seahawks to even be in the game. The Steelers played the worst offensive game of the past 8 weeks and still won. These teams play their best games against each other and the Steelers win every time. The Steelers have more play makers on both sides of the ball.
The million dollar question....or maybe the worthless question :) - is whether Pittsburgh's offensive woes were because they had an "off day" or because Seattle's defense dominated them. Seattle's defense has been underestimated all year. Perhaps their foolish mistakes yesterday (getting fooled by the "gadget" and the giving up the big run) are good enough reasons to doubt them.

But they held Pittsburgh to 0 first downs and 6 total yards in the first quarter. But for two big pittsburg plays they had just 221 total yards. Seattle was 5th in the NFL this year in terms of rushing yards allowed. I think Pittsburgh saw why yesterday.

Still, they suck until next year.
marksashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:01 PM   #25
marksashton
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 68
Member Number: 1333
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

[QUOTE=Mosca]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSteelerFan

And that being said: I'll take the win all day long, bruddah, but it was a lousy game. It was like a week 2 game. The win was great, but the game was lousy.

Let's get both teams back for a grudge match, and next time let's bring it on!

Tom
Fair enough! I was hoping for a fun game to watch and neither team delivered. I hope they play each other next year... Maybe then it won't be a home game for the Steelers. :)
marksashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:34 PM   #26
GoStillersGo
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 109
Member Number: 1179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

I agree with most of what's been said here. Living in Cincinnati and near Indy, I've heard my share of griping both in person and on local sports radio, I thought I'd offer my thoughts. Sorry if I'm repeating things which have already been said, but we cannot relent as Seahawk fans and sympathizers and Steelers haters continue to try AND REWRITE HISTORY. Make no mistake, this is what they are trying to do.

Here's something I wrote this afternoon to one of my friends (also a Steelers fan): Winners write history, not losers. We shouldn't let them define this as a tainted victory. We have waited too long for this to happen. It's not fair to the Steelers, it's not fair to us as part of Steeler Nation. Sure, there were mistakes by the officials. The Steelers had to deal with officials' mistakes and had to overcome them. The Seahawks had their chances and didn't do anything with them. Why should they get a break for their incompetence. Yes, the officials sucked. Yes, most of the calls went the Steelers' way. But the Steelers did enough things right to win, and the Seahawks didn't do enough things right to win.

We need to repeat this loud and often. I won't give them the satisfaction of making the officials the scapegoats... Even if I look like a bad winner.

Do not give detractors one inch of ground. The Seahawks lost this one when it counted. They simply made too many mistakes when the chips were down.

A brilliant political strategist once said, "He who defines first, defines last." Will you allow this Super Bowl to be defined as one handed to the Steelers by the officials?
GoStillersGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #27
ColoradoSteelerFan
Draft Prospect
 
ColoradoSteelerFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 121
Member Number: 1660
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

[QUOTE=marksashton]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSteelerFan

The million dollar question....or maybe the worthless question :) - is whether Pittsburgh's offensive woes were because they had an "off day" or because Seattle's defense dominated them. Seattle's defense has been underestimated all year. Perhaps their foolish mistakes yesterday (getting fooled by the "gadget" and the giving up the big run) are good enough reasons to doubt them.

But they held Pittsburgh to 0 first downs and 6 total yards in the first quarter. But for two big pittsburg plays they had just 221 total yards. Seattle was 5th in the NFL this year in terms of rushing yards allowed. I think Pittsburgh saw why yesterday.

Still, they suck until next year.
I believe it was Carolina who held New England to ZERO first quarter first downs in that Super Bowl...and yet New England still won. See....they play 4 quarters for a reason. The Steelers ended up the first half with 6. So....you had a pretty crappy 2nd quarter, if we are comparing and contrasting....

Now let's look at what really happened with the domination of the Steelers offense. Roethlisberger had a terrible day. If you know anything about his passing this year, even a Seahawks fan will have to admit this. Look at Roethlisberger's numbers! He was 9-21 for 123 yards and 2 picks and a 22.9 passer rating. The pick he threw at the goal line was not a superb play by the Seattle defense....it was ALL on Roethlisberger. The guy was 21 of 29 for 275 yards and 2 TD against Denver, 14 of 24 for 197 yards and 2 TD against Indy and 14 of 19 for 208 yards and 3 TD against Cincy.

Fact: He had open receivers that he overthrew many times.
Fact: Several receivers dropped ball thrown directly to them.
Fact: Steelers (who you say were dominated) had only 57 yards less than Seattle....but 21 fewer plays.
Fact: The Steelers averaged 6.1 yards per play.....Seattle averaged 5.1. That an ENTIRE YARD difference.
Fact: You can't subtract out big plays. Football doesn't work that way. Maybe we should take out the 76 yard INT return. Seattle's powerful offense couldn't drive the field for a TD on their own. Even if you subtract Parker's 75 yard rush, Seattle still failed to keep the Steeler rushing offense below 100 yards. Oh....and Parker DID run for those 75 yards....so.....it all stays.

One last thing....

FACT: Score: Pittsburgh 21 Seattle 10

....you lost.....really....deal with it without whining. Its getting to be comical!

Last edited by ColoradoSteelerFan; 02-06-2006 at 05:42 PM.
ColoradoSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:59 PM   #28
Milkman
Starter
 
Milkman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Centerville, Ohio
Posts: 478
Member Number: 1055
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Im irritated at the threads going up here from some people whining and crying foul...

We are the Super Bowl XL World Champions. Nobody can take that away from us. I refuse to let anyone say our win was tainted because of officiating.

The officials were pretty bad most of the playoffs at various times. There is no doubt the NFL needs full time officials, I agree with that.

We went into Cincy and beat the Bengals.. Not the Officials

We went into Indy and beat up on the colts.. Not the Officials

We went into Denver and man handled them...Not the Officials

and

We went into Detroit and WE:

Sacked & Pressured Hasslebeck..Made Alexander a non factor.. Shut down Daryl Jackson after the 1st quarter... Got in the heads of the WR's and Stevens...Made big hits in the secondary....We played well enough on Defense to win.. PERIOD

and

Had a 75 yd TD run... Huge 3rd down coversions... Gadget plays that worked to perfection... had Solid special teams play...a young Great QB who made plays when he needed too...and selfless play from everybody on the team to do their job to help us win.

This board will not be content to let trolls try and ruin our SB Championship becuz they cant deal with the fact that we won it. The seahacks got away with plenty of HOLDING, illegal contact in the secondary, and missed their opportunities to put points on the board.

We won, We're World Champions !!!! Deal with it !
'Nuff said!
__________________

Us against the world...STILL!
Bring it suckas!
Milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #29
SteelersNation7
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 60
Member Number: 466
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

Couldn't have said it any better. By they way I must do some gloating...."Prediction over on Steelers.com Steelers 23- Seahawks...."I said will score one TD and they'll end up with 10 points.....Not bad HUH?




Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Im irritated at the threads going up here from some people
whining and crying foul...

We are the Super Bowl XL World Champions. Nobody can take that away from us. I refuse to let anyone say our win was tainted because of officiating.

The officials were pretty bad most of the playoffs at various times. There is no doubt the NFL needs full time officials, I agree with that.

We went into Cincy and beat the Bengals.. Not the Officials

We went into Indy and beat up on the colts.. Not the Officials

We went into Denver and man handled them...Not the Officials

and

We went into Detroit and WE:

Sacked & Pressured Hasslebeck..Made Alexander a non factor.. Shut down Daryl Jackson after the 1st quarter... Got in the heads of the WR's and Stevens...Made big hits in the secondary....We played well enough on Defense to win.. PERIOD

and

Had a 75 yd TD run... Huge 3rd down coversions... Gadget plays that worked to perfection... had Solid special teams play...a young Great QB who made plays when he needed too...and selfless play from everybody on the team to do their job to help us win.

This board will not be content to let trolls try and ruin our SB Championship becuz they cant deal with the fact that we won it. The seahacks got away with plenty of HOLDING, illegal contact in the secondary, and missed their opportunities to put points on the board.

We won, We're World Champions !!!! Deal with it !
SteelersNation7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #30
Portland Hawk Fan
Banned
 
Portland Hawk Fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 61
Member Number: 1799
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Let's get one thing straight right now.. Officials

Whatever gets you Joey Porter worshipping hypocrites through the night....
Portland Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts