Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2010, 03:06 AM   #11
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

On a serious note,

I wish people would realize that this isn't just a kook cleric. This guy is central, mainline belief for radicalized Islam-both Shiite and Sunni.

It isn't that our SOLDIERS are in Iraq, or that we support Israel, or that blah blah blah.

Its the fact that inside the US, we allow woman to dress like they do. That we allow men and women to live without marriage. That we don't kill homosexuals on sight. Every cultural and academic freedom- The freedom of religion, -of speech, is why they hate us.

We are "polluting their country" with western culture.


Until that is abolished, they won't stop. Which means, either 1., America will become Muslim or 2., we are in a protracted war for centuries or 3. American (and the west) or all of these radicalized Islamic nations are destroyed.

I don't like that fact, I don't cherish that fact. But that is the core of the issue, and there is no way of "talking it out". There is no way of just "waging peace." As long as there is a tv that projects american television, a radio that projects american rock, or the internet with american culture... there will be this war.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:38 AM   #12
JackHammer
Assistant Coach
 
JackHammer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Steel Valley
Posts: 1,017
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5640
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

It's the butterfly effect. A woman shaking her ass in Vegas, leads to quakes in Haiti.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #13
AllD
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,586
Member Number: 11931
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

I see a woman's bare ankle and something in my underpants begins to shake.
__________________
ALL DEFENSE!!!
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #14
beSteelmyheart
Team Captain
 
beSteelmyheart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Rocket Garden
Posts: 836
Gender: Female
Member Number: 1249
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

Preacher, they have been fighting some religious war over there long before radio came along, long before rock n roll & gay marriage & they will be fighting long after we are gone-we are just the latest scapegoats for them, the latest focus for the insanity, & our government is wasting our time, money & American lives by thinking we will EVER change that.They didn't mention the US in the article but I see where you're coming from.
__________________
"We have the power, We have the resources, We have the energy! Let's get together and wreck shit!" Evil Nine
beSteelmyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #15
Indo
Head Coach
 
Indo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: nowhere Alabama
Posts: 1,744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 11222
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

The fact that "Civilization" began in the Fertile Crescent over 7000 years ago and hasn't progressed forward ONE DAY since then just baffles me...


__________________
... I firmly believe that any man's finest hour...is that moment when he has to work his heart out in a good cause and he's exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
Indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #16
JackHammer
Assistant Coach
 
JackHammer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Steel Valley
Posts: 1,017
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5640
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by beSteelmyheart View Post
Preacher, they have been fighting some religious war over there long before radio came along, long before rock n roll & gay marriage & they will be fighting long after we are gone-we are just the latest scapegoats for them, the latest focus for the insanity, & our government is wasting our time, money & American lives by thinking we will EVER change that.They didn't mention the US in the article but I see where you're coming from.
Don't be fooled into believing that our government is over there to try to save them from their heathen ways. I don't disagree that we're a scapegoat for religious extremists. While you and I would agree that trying to change their beliefs with military power is a waste of money and lives, I don't think for one second that our government actually believes they'll change anyone's beliefs. They're not being fooled into anything. They just want to squat on resources and gain strategic footholds/central locations to bolster in preparations for any possible future wars.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #17
Vincent
Team President
Supporter
 
Vincent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: People's Republic of North Carolina
Posts: 2,485
Member Number: 10927
Thanks: 13
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I wish people would realize that this isn't just a kook cleric. This guy is central, mainline belief for radicalized Islam-both Shiite and Sunni.
This is mainstream thinking across the board in islam. They just "behave" here while they're doing their preliminary "work". The rest of the world? Blowing up markets. Hacking people to death. General murder and mayhem. "Religion of 'peace'" stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Its the fact that inside the US, we allow woman to dress like they do. That we allow men and women to live without marriage. That we don't kill homosexuals on sight. Every cultural and academic freedom- The freedom of religion, -of speech, is why they hate us.
This is why its so bizarre that the left coos up to those lunatics. What do they think is going to happen when they overtake the US? It'll be wholesale slaughter. That's why some folks are a little testy about the muslim in the White House.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Until that is abolished, they won't stop. Which means, either 1., America will become Muslim or 2., we are in a protracted war for centuries or 3. American (and the west) or all of these radicalized Islamic nations are destroyed.

I don't like that fact, I don't cherish that fact. But that is the core of the issue, and there is no way of "talking it out". There is no way of just "waging peace." As long as there is a tv that projects american television, a radio that projects american rock, or the internet with american culture... there will be this war.
You have captured half of the issue. And that is the hand they dealt us. Put another way, and this is what their "book" instructs them, there are three kinds of folks on this rock - muslims, folks that will submit to islam, and those that won't. The latter are to be persecuted and murdered without mercy. That is overt on their part. Our mere existence is an affront to them.

The hardcore reality is, and no amount of happy talk, wishing, or "logic" will change this, it is about survival to us. There are 1.3 billion muslims. Conservative estimates put 10% of them as radicals. The other 90% go with the flow. They have overrun Europe. They have invaded our gubmint and armed forces. They have bases in the US. We are at the point that we aren't "allowed" to say or do anything that would "offend" them.

So, what is the solution?
__________________

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #18
Vincent
Team President
Supporter
 
Vincent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: People's Republic of North Carolina
Posts: 2,485
Member Number: 10927
Thanks: 13
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo View Post
The fact that "Civilization" began in the Fertile Crescent over 7000 years ago and hasn't progressed forward ONE DAY since then just baffles me...
Ask any of the muslims in that region what its all about and they'll tell you it is Isaac and Ishmael. As long as the descendants of Isaac exist its a war.

People like to blame this on the West imposing Israel on the poor Palestinians. Many things are wrong about that position, not the least of which is that Christian Palestinians live and prosper in Israel. The issue, as it is everywhere in the world, is islam.

Why else would the "grand" mufti of Jerusalem coo up to hitler while he was exterminating Jews, and before there was even an Israel? Why did the muslim SS exist?

To your point Indo, civilization has flourished where islam isn't.
__________________

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #19
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

Vincent.

Here is the one thing I would disagree with you about....

Not all Islam is what you see on TV, or read about.

Matter of fact, a number of Muslims I spoke with in Turkey thought that Islam needed a reformation much like the one in Europe. They further clarified what they meant, that Islam had to change and adapt and leave behind its 7th century mentality. They still held, strongly, to the central tenants of Islam, but really disliked the way Iran and radical islamic clerics had perverted their belief.

No system of belief is monolithic. It may be easier to think of it that way, but it simply isn't true. One of the best things George Bush did was specify that we were not going after Islam, but rather specific people in Islam. That allowed a lot of other nations to either 1. Remain neutral or 2. Support us quietly-though it is very legitimate support.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:13 AM   #20
Vincent
Team President
Supporter
 
Vincent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: People's Republic of North Carolina
Posts: 2,485
Member Number: 10927
Thanks: 13
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Vincent.

Here is the one thing I would disagree with you about....

Not all Islam is what you see on TV, or read about.

Matter of fact, a number of Muslims I spoke with in Turkey thought that Islam needed a reformation much like the one in Europe. They further clarified what they meant, that Islam had to change and adapt and leave behind its 7th century mentality. They still held, strongly, to the central tenants of Islam, but really disliked the way Iran and radical islamic clerics had perverted their belief.

No system of belief is monolithic. It may be easier to think of it that way, but it simply isn't true. One of the best things George Bush did was specify that we were not going after Islam, but rather specific people in Islam. That allowed a lot of other nations to either 1. Remain neutral or 2. Support us quietly-though it is very legitimate support.
Preacher, I respect your views and depth of knowledge, but respectfully disagree here.

My views are not formed by TV on anything. I have read extensively on the subject. I have known muslims and have seen the "good" and bad. There are more than 2 million dead Armenian Christians that, while Christian, would thumb their noses at the notion of a turk musing about "islamic reform". Thats an oxymoron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Until that is abolished, they won't stop. Which means, either 1., America will become Muslim or 2., we are in a protracted war for centuries or 3. American (and the west) or all of these radicalized Islamic nations are destroyed.

I don't like that fact, I don't cherish that fact. But that is the core of the issue, and there is no way of "talking it out".
You correctly framed it - its a 7th century "religion". It was founded by a terrorist. The tenets of islam breed terrorists. As you said, we're not dealing with fringe clerics, but the mainstream of islam. The same element that set nidal hasan on Ft Hood. You know what "nidal" means, don't you? "The struggle" The world will not be free from terrorism until the last muslim has taken his last breath.

You know that you tell a tree by its fruit. The fruit of islam is satanic. islam is satanic.

We know an Armenian Christian family. The father said he'd rather see his daughter dead than married to a muslim. Not because of the same 7th century terrorist "family honor" muslim bull@#$%, but because he is a Christian that would rather see his daughter dead than married to a follower of a satanic cult.

I will ask again. Is #1 above an option? If it is not, then what is the solution? The fate of Western civilization hangs on that choice.
__________________

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts