Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Sick
Default My online mock draft.

For the last month, I have been on a online mock draft. It has went very slow, but I think I have done really well. There are no trades.

Round 1 Earl Thomas. - Easy pick, even though I have moved more to Kyle Wilson now, this pick wouldn't make me sad...

Round 2 Maurkice Pouncey OG, Florida - Are you kidding me???? I kept watching and noticed how everyone kept skipping him. I think some just assumed he went in the first and never checked. When I made my top 5 list for the 1st round with 6 picks to go, he was in it. This just shows that sometimes it is fun to play with idiots...

Round 3 Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State - Not a bad pick, but Pitt won't pick this guy because he is a headache. I also passed on other CB's that were available. The web site I was using had Cox rated over; Dominique Franks, Oklahoma, Amari Spievey, Iowa and most of all Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Indiana of Pennsylvania. If I had it to do over, I would have picked the ladder of the group. Back to Cox, extremely talented CB and returner with a nice upside, that had problems with coaching staff.

I am now in round 4 and hoping that Carlton Mitchell, WR, South Florida falls to my lap with 5 picks to go...

Even with the questional 3rd rounder, this draft would rock with the first two picks.
pancake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
pancake
Head Coach

Default Re: My online mock draft.

If anyone is interested, I could also post the all the picks and take suggestions on the 4th rounder. If I had it to do over I would did that a month ago and probably had made a better 3rd round pick.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

All respect...you're foolish if you think Pouncey will last to 52. And even more silly to think Earl Thomas will last to 18. It would be nice, but not realistic.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #4
pancake
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
All respect...you're foolish if you think Pouncey will last to 52. And even more silly to think Earl Thomas will last to 18. It would be nice, but not realistic.

It is an online mock draft, I had no say in what others picked, so why does that make me foolish? I would have been foolish to not take them.

Not once did I say that I thought it would work out this way, it's all for fun...
Old 04-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Actually you look foolish. Maybe try reading the original post.

In regards to the draft, I'd say you came away like a bandit with Pouncey in the second. Not high on the Cox's pick though. As you said he has had off the field issues but also Thomas could play corner for us with Troy and Clark at saftey.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:35 PM   #6
wdsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15938

this should be your last post on the ONLINE draft thread.

like your top 2 picks..and u could of picked LB oe DL in 3rd.. Thomas can play CB for us...
in 4th i think u should go front 7 D

Last edited by HometownGal; 04-20-2010 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Removed offensive quote
wdsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #7
pancake
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdsteel View Post
this should be your last post on the ONLINE draft thread.

like your top 2 picks..and u could of picked LB oe DL in 3rd.. Thomas can play CB for us...
in 4th i think u should go front 7 D
I ended up taking Andre Roberts, WR, The Citadel, but the guy I wanted at the first of the round (Alex Carrington, DE, Arkansas State) was taken way before I picked, so I thought it was a good time to pick up a WR. Thanks for your input.