Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #21
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367
Default Re: How About Ike Taylor for MVP?

<
Old 02-13-2006, 03:28 PM   #22
chumley
Water Boy

Member Number: 870

Taylor had a huge game, as he almost always does...

Ike is one of the best CB's in the game right now, and looks to only be improving.

www.facemeike.com

-- Don't believe the hype. Create your own. --
chumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:30 PM   #23
WeNowHave5
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1941

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasmanianTroy271
I mean, I just looked at the stats from the game; 10 tackles of which 9 were solo, he had that interception right when Seattle was threatening, and Seattle didn't get off that many huge plays down the sidelines did they? I know they'd never give it to him because he doesn't have the Star Power, but give it up for Ike...
If Ike would have caught that first INT that he dropped he may been chose. He also had a sack didnt he, 2 plays before he intercepted the ball?
WeNowHave5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:23 PM   #24
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
[/U]and so was larry brown,but they still gave him the mvp
Brown had a TD
Old 02-13-2006, 05:45 PM   #25
lotas
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedf
Can't believe I'm posting this again...IKE did NOT get torched!!! You need to understand zone defenses to see this, he is supposed to give that 3-5 yrd route up, its how the D is set up to play. So it was not Ike's fault, he was doing what he was told, when they switched to man how many more balls did his guy catch?? Jackson had a great 1st quarter (when we were in our base) ..... he sucked after the Steelers adjusted.
Exactly...you guys must not understand the defense or something. Just like when you play zone in basketball, you give up the three pointer. There are advantages and disadvantages...they just keep going to Jackson because he is a good route-runner, which is what those first-quarter passes were, it wasn't as if they were saying "Oh let's attack 24 because he's playing way too soft!"

I agree with rowedf...it's not Ike, it's the defense they were playing, they were out there with the mentality/idea that they'd give up those smaller yardage plays.
lotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:03 PM   #26
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeNowHave5
If Ike would have caught that first INT that he dropped he may been chose. He also had a sack didnt he, 2 plays before he intercepted the ball?
Nah, that was Deshea with the sack
Old 02-13-2006, 08:24 PM   #27
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

NO MVP FOR IKE!

His agent will try to get more money from the Steelers, and we need this kid!
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:54 PM   #28
grahamburgher
Water Boy

Member Number: 1149

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedf
Can't believe I'm posting this again...IKE did NOT get torched!!! You need to understand zone defenses to see this, he is supposed to give that 3-5 yrd route up, its how the D is set up to play. So it was not Ike's fault, he was doing what he was told, when they switched to man how many more balls did his guy catch?? Jackson had a great 1st quarter (when we were in our base) ..... he sucked after the Steelers adjusted.
Wow. It must be pretty frustrating trying to explain football to us idiots who obviously don't know anything about the game. I'm fully aware of what a zone defense is and the philosophy behind the schemes we run. I'm just telling you what we saw and what our impressions were. With a full-field view it was clear that on the majority of plays, Ike was giving way more cushion than anyone else - that's all. The pigeons exploited it during the 1st half, but I think the reason Jackson didn't continue making those catches had more to do with Seattle abandoning the dink-dunk routes chucking it downfield.
grahamburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:46 AM   #29
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Personally, I think it's only right that Ward got the MVP. If I recall correctly, Ike was getting toasted in that first quarter. While I can't complain about the defense only giving up three points in the first half, Ike was still getting toasted. I understand it was the style defense we were playing, but eitherway does it warrant an MVP over Ward? I don't think so.

Ward on the other hand, granted he did drop two balls I believe, he came back and made some big plays in that game (as usual).

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 02-14-2006 at 08:54 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:21 AM   #30
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamburgher
Wow. It must be pretty frustrating trying to explain football to us idiots who obviously don't know anything about the game. I'm fully aware of what a zone defense is and the philosophy behind the schemes we run. I'm just telling you what we saw and what our impressions were. With a full-field view it was clear that on the majority of plays, Ike was giving way more cushion than anyone else - that's all. The pigeons exploited it during the 1st half, but I think the reason Jackson didn't continue making those catches had more to do with Seattle abandoning the dink-dunk routes chucking it downfield.
grahamburgher i was not calling you idiots, but most of the time, the reason a team stops doing something they were successful at is becauase the defense changes schemes and they can't do it anymore. I just don't think its fair that people were bashing Ike by saying he was playing soft or off his man, when that is exactly what he was suppposed to be doing, if you wanna blame someone, blame who calls the D, not the player doing what he's told.