Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,256
Member Number: 16119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Still Desperate for DE? ILB...age

OK...things are better but I still see desperate fans panicking that we have to do something about our aging D-Line.

These were the same guys saying we had to get Carriker in 07 (the guy that was just traded for a swap of 5th round picks) because of our aging line. Three years later, I still think Hood will have trouble getting a spot. Eventually someone will get injured but it is unlikely BOTH (Smith and Keisel) will have to be replaced next year. We have time.

They can grab a developmental project late this year or focus on this next year. We have far greater needs.

I also do not want to clog up the team with an inside linebacker for those panicking about Farriors age. The 4 we have in Timmons, Farrior, Foote and Fox are all pretty good. If anything they should pick an outside linebacker to groom so Timmons does not have to switch positions in case of an injury. I don't even think the team would keep 5 inside LBs.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,154
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 880
Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,583 Posts
Default Re: Still Desperate for DE? ILB...age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
OK...things are better but I still see desperate fans panicking that we have to do something about our aging D-Line.

These were the same guys saying we had to get Carriker in 07 (the guy that was just traded for a swap of 5th round picks) because of our aging line. Three years later, I still think Hood will have trouble getting a spot. Eventually someone will get injured but it is unlikely BOTH (Smith and Keisel) will have to be replaced next year. We have time.

They can grab a developmental project late this year or focus on this next year. We have far greater needs.

.
why would they need to grab a developmental player when they already have a developemental player with 1 year under his belt...sonny harris...
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
7willBheaven
Starter
 
7willBheaven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 571
Member Number: 13312
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Still Desperate for DE? ILB...age

I'd rather have an LB who is mainly OLB but CAN play MLB if needed. You do not know what will happen in the future, Farrior could get hurt or cut...ya never know. Smith has been getting hurt the last few years...and sooner than later he WILL be done. There is nothing wrong with have solid backups behind everyone.

As far as your little cut on Carriker (traded in a swap of 5ths)...Carriker was playing out of position in STL...and in their eyes...being able to move up in a round to get someone who fits their scheme is the main goal...and get the player off their books in an uncapped season is a win for both. I think he will be great in WASH once he gets settled in...I wish the Steelers knew about Carrikers availability and tried to get him.
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,086
Member Number: 13149
Thanks: 359
Thanked 168 Times in 117 Posts
Default Re: Still Desperate for DE? ILB...age

D line was the problem last year...we have the luxury of taking D linemen late and developing them because the Line is so good...Secondary and O line i can't say that about..bt i' was saying the same thing about the O line last year.
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #5
SteelerFanInStl
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 720
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2162
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Still Desperate for DE? ILB...age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
As far as your little cut on Carriker (traded in a swap of 5ths)...Carriker was playing out of position in STL...and in their eyes...being able to move up in a round to get someone who fits their scheme is the main goal...and get the player off their books in an uncapped season is a win for both. I think he will be great in WASH once he gets settled in...I wish the Steelers knew about Carrikers availability and tried to get him.
Carriker simply didn't fit in STL. He's not a 4-3 DT but rather a 3-4 DE. I would've loved to see him play for the Steelers.
SteelerFanInStl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:41 AM   #6
taztroy43
Bench Warmer
 
taztroy43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 368
Member Number: 13325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Still Desperate for DE? ILB...age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
Carriker simply didn't fit in STL. He's not a 4-3 DT but rather a 3-4 DE. I would've loved to see him play for the Steelers.
I would of loved that as well!!! He would of been a GREAT pickup for us for only a swap of 5th rounders....C'MON you can't get 1st round talent w/ NFL experience(w/o off the field issues!) for a swap of 5's!!!! We should of jumped on that ship!!!!! but ohh well
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts