Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053
Default ESPN 1250 Radio..

Was just listening to a Interview with a guy who said he talked with a Steeler source with direct knowledge with the Steelers draft plans. And he said that the steelers have definitely narrowed their choices to three different players they really like.
He said that Pittsburgh really likes Alabama DB Kareem Jackson. He said that Pittsburgh doesn't really want to take him at 18. But he said that they now know Jackson is rising up teams boards, and that they may have to either trade up in round 2, or down slightly from 18. He also said that thet love WR Emmanuel Sanders from SMU And lb Sean Lee from Penn State.

Take it for what it is worth. But he did say that Kyle Wilson, and Haden are no longer on their board, even if both are at 18.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045
Default Re: ESPN 1250 Radio..

Im sorry i dont believe that they wouldnt take haden or wilson at 18 "because they were off their board".....if they dont take them it is because they feel another guy would suit them better, but i dont think they have completely ruled out those two players.....how could they?
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
whatdoiknow
Banned

I don't know. Maybe because Haden is slow, doesn't have the fluidest of Hips, and he was helped alot by maybe college footballs BEST front-7, and their pass rush. On Wilson, maybe because " Prime Time " Sanders is 100 times more Physical on the field than Wilson is. And we MUST have our DB's be soled tacklers. Maybe they like Jackson cause he is a good Athlete, strong, and played in a traditional NFL 3-4 style Defense at Alabama, and that maybe Jackson would adapt quicker knowing that defense.

Maybe ?????
Old 04-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
atlee731
Water Boy

Member Number: 15893

[QUOTE=whatdoiknow;805150He also said that thet love WR Emmanuel Sanders from SMU And lb Sean Lee from Penn State.
[/QUOTE]

Sean Lee in the 3rd.... I'm all for it.

Trade down and then package some picks for a high 2nd.

1. Pouncey
2. Jackson
3. Lee
atlee731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #5
SteelerFanInStl
Team Captain

Member Number: 2162

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlee731 View Post
Sean Lee in the 3rd.... I'm all for it.

Trade down and then package some picks for a high 2nd.

1. Pouncey
2. Jackson
3. Lee
I'd be very happy with those 3 picks but with all of the hype about Jackson right now, I don't think that he makes it out of the 1st.
SteelerFanInStl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Look guy, if you don't believe it, then go to 1250 ESPN radio. They are talking about it right now. ?
What's your deal dude? I hope the mods see this.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:09 PM   #7
SS43Polamalu
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15886

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
They already missed him calling a picture of another members kids ugly, he wrote it then edited it before the Mods got a look at it.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:09 PM   #8
whatdoiknow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post

Hey man, I don't care if they do. I didn't want to start anything with him. He started it with me. If you can't see that then maybe you should re-read the posts. I never said I agreed with what I heard. Just that it WAS reported on 1250 AM. That does not give him the right to call me out as a Instigator does it ? Or a liar ?

Look, if he wants to stop it, then I will to. Just respond to my message, and not the poster writing it.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #9
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Hey man, I don't care if they do. I didn't want to start anything with him. He started it with me. If you can't see that then maybe you should re-read the posts. I never said I agreed with what I heard. Just that it WAS reported on 1250 AM. That does not give him the right to call me out as a Instigator does it ? Or a liar ?

Look, if he wants to stop it, then I will to. Just respond to my message, and not the poster writing it.
Man, you've already been starting stuff with me on the other board. If you aren't insulting somebody, you're at least being very sarcastic and rude. I don't understand why. I wish we could have civil discussions without the emotions, sarcasm, insults and name-calling.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #10
whatdoiknow
Banned

Okay Beast, sorry. But if this report is accurate, how would you feel about Pittsburgh selecting Jackson at 18 over Wilson. BTW I truly expect Haden to be gone,,,probably by the 49ers. But does Jackson over Kyle Wilson anger you, or anyone else ?