Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-06-2006, 05:25 PM   #11
TexaSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 896
Default Re: Big Ben

I think he knew his mistakes could've cost the Steelers the game.

Sometimes you come through for the team, and sometimes they come through for you.
TexaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:33 PM   #12
Lambertfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 914

Watching the Whole Sperbowl was way overdone with interviews and more interviews,it looked like a fishbowl!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't let me get started about the local tv channels............just shoot meeee.
I do not know how Ben made it through it in one piece.....Way to go Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983)
Lambertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:42 PM   #13
Kaish15
Water Boy

Member Number: 1840

I think he wasn't happy about how he played and all Seahawk fans are saying how he cheated with his dive for the touchdown. After the game I can't explain whyt he didn't seem happier.
Kaish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #14
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

I think Ben just had a case of the jitters. It was his nerves. He's only 23 years old and last night's game was the biggest of his life. And so what if the Steelers have some gadget plays up their sleeve? Whoop-de-do. There's no law saying that those plays are illegal. They're good plays and the Steelers use them all season long. I'm sure there are no rules saying that a team can't use gadget plays in the Super Bowl. Not our fault the Seahags weren't ready for them or couldn't defend against them. They're just sore cuz they're not as brilliant as our Steelers...(lol).

I think Ben was happy after the game. I think it just hadn't sunk in yet.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #15
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723

Its all refs and big plays that are talked about. How bout both defenses. Seattle played unbelievable defense in this game and they deserve the credit for messing things up for us. We won on 3 big plays. Just like a baseball team who score 3 runs on 3 HRs with only 5 hits in the game. Seattle was more at 12 hits but only one run to use an analogy.

Big Ben Im sure was 50/50 in his emotions. One being happy about the win and another being relieve that he didnt screw it up for us. Even though he didnt play as well, he did what he needed to win and if not for Big Ben, we dont even win one playoff game. People still forget we were done by 10 twice to the Bungals in the first game and his play in Indy and Denver put the daggers in those two teams.....
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #16
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

Big Ben and the entire Steelers offense looked like they were trying not to lose the game so it seemed like they came out flat. Combine that with really good 'Hawks defense and it's not surprising that our guys looked terrible on offense for much of the game.

As far as his post-game reaction, who knows how a guy is supposed to act after something like that. I don't know if Ben's HS teams ever played for state titles but I do know that his college team never did so maybe he was just shocked speechless.

Even as a fan, I was totally dumbstruck. All I did was drink a few Bloody Mary's and chill on the couch and I still couldn't believe what happened. I can only imagine what it was like playing in the biggest game of your life and accomplishing something in your second year that several great players never got done.

I'd rather that Ben reacted with the quiet humility he had than as some egotisitical jerkoff who thought he was awesome. Ben seemed to keep it all in perspective and I'm sure he'll shake off any bad feelings he had about his performance and learn from the experience. Just look at the great strides he made after stinking it up in the AFCC game last season.

Hopefully Ben gets a couple more shots at redeeming himself and proving that his performance in his first SB was a fluke. He seems to have what it takes to go down as one of the great winners in the NFL and with the job Cowher, the front office staff and the players consistently give us, he'll get his chances.

Long live Big Ben and all of the World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers. Damn it feels good to write that.
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:57 PM   #17
rgleason
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 784

I dont know what telecast you guys were watching after the game, but when they showed Ben, he was in tears. Not losing it, but tears. He's a true competitor and he shows it. I'm sure he wished he would have been a bigger part, but he made the plays when we needed it.

Make no mistake, the biggest reason we got the trophy was Ben. Ben has put up some pretty solid numbers the first two years, and he has a trophy. On the food chain, I'm not going to list who he is ahead, but not many are ahead.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote