Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
crcsnail
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2091
Default draft time?

hey guys change of subject. as a brit, who would like to see the steelers first pick on the interweb. wot time do u think we will pick ? why u ask? cos i have got to get up at stupid oclock to see it :) now draft starts at 7.30 your time 12.30 am my time . so when do u think we will pick or do u know? do they stick to a certain time schedule? if so wot time would the steelers pick? so i can set my alarm a few minutes before to watch it :)

thanks from snaily
Old 04-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222
Default Re: draft time?

Impossible to say. Draft rules give teams 15 minutes to make their pick in round one. But the teams don't have to use the entire 15 minutes, so it's difficult to know when the Steelers will be "On the Clock". They have the 18th pick in round 1

On the Clock
As soon as the game clock at the Super Bowl expires, a new clock starts ticking. That's the clock that ticks down to the first player selected in the NFL draft in April. When a team is on the clock, it means that it has the next selection in the draft and has a set amount of time to make a selection.

While the team with the first selection is on the clock from the end of January, which is when the Super Bowl is played, the clock begins for real on draft day. On the first day of the draft, the NFL commissioner steps to the podium on the stage at The Theater at Madison Square Garden and announces that the first team in the draft order is on the clock.

During the draft, one team is always on the clock. In round one, teams have 15 minutes to make their choice. The decision time drops to 10 minutes in the second round and to five minutes in rounds three through seven. If a team doesn't make a decision in their given time, the next team can pick before them, and the team that missed its turn can submit its selection at any time after their time is up.

A team's draft position is in reverse correlation with the success it achieved on the field during the previous year, which is why the team with the worst record has the first pick of each round, and the Super Bowl champion has the last pick. This is the default draft position for these teams unless they choose to trade their picks. The other 30 teams fall somewhere in between based on the following factors:

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/nfl-draft2.htm
Old 04-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
crcsnail
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2091
Default Re: draft time?

so maybe 4 selections per hour so if i get up at 3.30 am . i should be well in time to see who we pick. ooohhhh errrr? unless we trade up in which case i will miss it . looks like a long nite for me :(