Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 02-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #41
hawks>*
Water Boy

Member Number: 1370
Default Re: Sour Grapes From Holmgren

come on guys, cut him some slack here.
he is only saying what every player on his team, and every seahawk fan wants, oh which by the way is something about 85% of the media has already said.
I haven't heard a single player mention the refs and I don't think you will. Mike is taking the lead and will take the brunt of what may come from the nfl, media, and fans just like a head coach should. cry baby ***** to you, stand up guy supporting his team to me.

with that said, congrats on the win. see ya next year (or maybe here and there) if our paths cross again.

edit: guess you cant say that other word for kitty cat around here
hawks>* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #42
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Hawks..

nobody is saying you guys shouldnt be upset and pissed off. You lost the SB so that enough right there is worthy of irritation.. but all we're wanting is for everyone to stop complaining and trying to steal our glory.

BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #43
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

If Holmgren did say that, then he'll have to deal with embarrassment that ensues when the accuracy of the PI call and Ben's TD are confirmed by the league. It's unbecoming for a head coach to criticize the refs, especially when the accusations are weak. On the other hand, this is a very emotional time and I'm not gonna fault him for being upset. I still think he is a class act, along with the rest of the hawks organization.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:42 PM   #44
MagicHawk
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1797

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Hawks..

nobody is saying you guys shouldnt be upset and pissed off. You lost the SB so that enough right there is worthy of irritation.. but all we're wanting is for everyone to stop complaining and trying to steal our glory.

The fact is though it isn't us just us because if it was the deal it could be passed off as sour grapes but this is nationwide and getting worse. If I were you I would not only be upset about this but worried for the sport as a whole. Too many have rightly pointed out that the officials altered this game to a level that more than a small majority that had no stake in, questioning the intregrity of the league.

Irregardless of this though not the referees, yellow towels, the "homefield" advantage made us lose we did that ourselves.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:49 PM   #45
CASTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 884

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHawk
The fact is though it isn't us just us because if it was the deal it could be passed off as sour grapes but this is nationwide and getting worse. If I were you I would not only be upset about this but worried for the sport as a whole. Too many have rightly pointed out that the officials altered this game to a level that more than a small majority that had no stake in, questioning the intregrity of the league.

Irregardless of this though not the referees, yellow towels, the "homefield" advantage made us lose we did that ourselves.
This is Nation Wide??? Are you getting that from ESPN, because if so, check your source!
They are rapidly becoming the Howard Stern of the sports world, and while I have nothing against Howard.......he is a complete ass on the air for a reason!

I can understand being upset because of a loss...but come on....bying into all this conspriacy theory shock journalism (Skip Clueless) crap is getting old.

I have always liked Seattle, being from the west coast as I am, but if this crap keeps up I will lose all respect for the organization and it's fans.....

ONE FOR THE THUMB.......DONE!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 11:53 PM   #46
MagicHawk
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTEEL
This is Nation Wide??? Are you getting that from ESPN, because if so, check your source!
They are rapidly becoming the Howard Stern of the sports world, and while I have nothing against Howard.......he is a complete ass on the air for a reason!

I can understand being upset because of a loss...but come on....bying into all this conspriacy theory shock journalism (Skip Clueless) crap is getting old.

I have always liked Seattle, being from the west coast as I am, but if this crap keeps up I will lose all respect for the organization and it's fans.....

ONE FOR THE THUMB.......DONE!!!
Every site I have went to, no joke, I am worried because a majority are pissed at a level I never have seen. This still doesn't change the fact that you guys won fair and square and I am worried about what this could mean. I hope it dies down even though I believe officiating needs to be changed.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:54 PM   #47
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Somebody throw a hoagie, a bucket of KFC, ribs, chicken and ice cream at Fat man. That will make him happy and keep him quiet.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:02 AM   #48
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portland Hawk Fan
You guys got screwed out of one little interception and made a federal case out of it- accusing the NFL of cheating.

Now you pull the sour grapes card after we got screwed out of 21 points?!

Your team is soft- the world knows Seattle won that game.

Stealers*

Hey portland, maybe your neg 47 rep should tell you something.....STOP F**KING POSTING!

To the point, your coach is a sore loser plain and simple.

Hell he looks like he swallowed a jelly bean whole!!
Old 02-07-2006, 12:02 AM   #49
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

when will the NFL come out with their "we were right" statement to shut these guys up? ill give u one call, and one call only. The hasselback personal foul. didnt really affect the game much so stop b(tching already
Old 02-07-2006, 12:09 AM   #50
MagicHawk
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark
Hey portland, maybe your neg 47 rep should tell you something.....STOP F**KING POSTING!

To the point, your coach is a sore loser plain and simple.

Hell he looks like he swallowed a jelly bean whole!!
I am sorry to step in but our coach is not a poor sport, what he said today at our rally was to make us happy and to save our players fines. He was upset that he was unable to shake Cowher's hand because of security. But in real life both men are friends so this will be handled between the two.

As for Portland Hawk I can't defend him or anybody with no class expect to say I apologize that not all our nation can man up and take it.