Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Jlambert58
Water Boy

Member Number: 15852
Default Draft scenarios if Ben was traded to Seattle)

At this point i think the only team that has the interest/ammo to land Roethlisberger is Seattle.

Ben is traded to Seattle for their #6 overall, #14 overall, their 2011 first and a lower round pick(prob a 4th or lower)

Steelers select Eric Berry at #6, Rolando McLain at #14, and Maurice Pouncey or Anthony Davis at #18. In the 2nd round they grab Golden Tate, next season they draft a QB such as Jake Locker, Ryan Mallet, or Andrew Luck, and Pitt's own Greg Romeus. FYI I would rather Ben stayed, but if the Steelers wanted to overhaul, this is a decent opportunity. What do you guys think of this scenario? Should the Steelers stick with Big Ben and hope we can get another super bowl before some of the vets retire(Hines, Aaron smith, Harrison, Farrior) or rebuild?
Jlambert58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
SS43Polamalu
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15886
Default Re: Draft scenarios if Ben was traded to Seattle)

IF we can get that much for him, then yes do it. However i HIGHLY doubt we could get that much now, i could see them sending #6 and maybe a few other pick not in the first round.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
Jlambert58
Water Boy

Member Number: 15852

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS43Polamalu View Post
IF we can get that much for him, then yes do it. However i HIGHLY doubt we could get that much now, i could see them sending #6 and maybe a few other pick not in the first round.
Cutler got 2 first rounders and a 3rd rounder. Although Ben will most likely be suspended for 4 games, hes in his prime and signed until he will retire. Therefore I think the Steelers should easily get that much for him
Jlambert58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
SS43Polamalu
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlambert58 View Post
Cutler got 2 first rounders and a 3rd rounder. Although Ben will most likely be suspended for 4 games, hes in his prime and signed until he will retire. Therefore I think the Steelers should easily get that much for him
Maybe, if we're lucky two first rounders and w/e else but I'd be willing to bet we won't get 3 first rounders. I'd love it if we did, but i can't see that happening.