Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Geiger
Water Boy

Member Number: 16154
Default The Draft

Lets just assume for a minute that BB gets traded away for a top ten pick in the draft tomorrow, which is what is being reported. They have got to be doing it to get a QB right? So, who do we pick up and why?
Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Re: The Draft

I dont see them going for a QB if they cant get Bradford. They can trade out of the top 10 for more draft picks and then get McCoy or Tebow. Remember the steelers have a ton of picks already and if they pick up another pick (in the top 10 they are free to do most anything.

If nothing else.. Ben has made our draft very interesting
Old 04-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I for one do not like any of this years crop of QBs. I would be more incline to take a chance on Pike in a later round than Bradford, McCoy, Clausen, or Tebow. If we trade Ben than I hope we can make it through this year, and either use next years pick on someone or develop Dixon or maybe a Pike into a serviceable QB. That would free up higher draft choice to help the secondary and o-line. Then hope Sweed finally shows some spark.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
Geiger
Water Boy

Member Number: 16154

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the QB's coming out this year, but, I think Tebow is the best fit. He's a big guy who can take a hit, much like BB. He's a physical player instead of a more finesse QB. He looks to be a pretty good fit all around the more I think about it. On top of it all, he's a guy with strong morals which seems to be what the big guys are looking for.
Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain

Member Number: 11279

TEBOW.....IMO is the most underrated.....The guy is a winner...he doesnt like to lose......Perfect fit for the steelers
Old 04-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Lurking

I die little inside everytime I see someone say that Tebow is our QB of the future...
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
steelerohio
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14925

I agree... it would be interesting if they go for a high rated QB this year, especially Tebow... I would hold off on he whole QB of the future deal though...

Last edited by steelerohio; 04-21-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: typo
steelerohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #8
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geiger View Post
Personally I'm not a huge fan of the QB's coming out this year, but, I think Tebow is the best fit. He's a big guy who can take a hit, much like BB. He's a physical player instead of a more finesse QB. He looks to be a pretty good fit all around the more I think about it. On top of it all, he's a guy with strong morals which seems to be what the big guys are looking for.
you forgot to mention, not accurate, bad throwing motion, can't read defenses, average arm...ect Did I forget anything?
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #9
Silverback92
Water Boy

Member Number: 11535

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
I die little inside everytime I see someone say that Tebow is our QB of the future...
I know what you mean. I have felt this way up until recently. I despise any team from Florida. Gators especially. Thus, Tebow and all the hype he got in college made me sick.

It's hard to deny that the guy has had more skeptics and critics (just ask Jerry Jones lol) than anyone in this draft class. It's like he has become an underdog for success at the next level, which is understandable given the nature of his success in college being due to playstyle that does not lend itself to the NFL. But I do admire the fact that he has been busting his ass in order to be taken seriously. At this point, I'm almost pulling for the guy to have at least some success wherever he ends up ( as long as it isn't another AFC North team ).

All that being said; I'm still not sure how I will feel if I hear his name announced in after the words "the Pittsburgh Steelers select..." I may still puke. Who knows?
Silverback92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #10
steelersfanman92
Starter

Member Number: 3372

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindSteelCurtain View Post
TEBOW.....IMO is the most underrated.....The guy is a winner...he doesnt like to lose......Perfect fit for the steelers
I know I am one of the few, but I agree with you and I would hope if they make the mistake of trading Ben that they draft Tebow. People can say what ever they want but you will not find a more coachable or hardworking player anywhere.